Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That Was For Sean Taylor!

Brave New World

but we didnt win the game. If we had, it would have made a pretty good storybook ending to this tragic week, that may be true. But the accusation was that somehow Sean was dishonored by the team's effort, which is just not true. Sean was honored...and win or lose, every white jersey on that field was playing with Sean on their minds and in their hearts.

Many players did respect him by their actions on the field. Cooley for sure. He was an animal. Santana Moss too.....his best game of the season.

But when Sean's Father gives the pre-game speech, and asks the team to "go out and win this for Sean," I believe it is easy to see why people might think that we let him down.

Not interested in arguing......but not hard to see why some fans were disappointed with the result.

:cheers:

Many players did respect him by their actions on the field. Cooley for sure. He was an animal. Santana Moss too.....his best game of the season.

But when Sean's Father gives the pre-game speech, and asks the team to "go out and win this for Sean," I believe it is easy to see why people might think that we let him down.

Not interested in arguing......but not hard to see why some fans were disappointed with the result.

:cheers:

Being disappointed with the result is nowhere near the same thing as dishonoring the man. Sean was a father, a friend, then a football player. Maybe his team had a disappointing game, but overall Sean I would guess that Sean is extremely greatful for all the the love and support he has received. Difficult disappointing loss, but lets get some perspective here. Sean was definitely loved and honored.

I have my priorities in order......and don't believe the outcome of the game takes precedence over these tragic events.

But aside from the wonderful tribute....and just talking about how the team could show respect to Sean with their play on the field, would a 35-10 Skins victory have been more appropriate?

This is all the OP was trying to get at.

Exactly. He isn't coming back and what's done is done but why can a team not rally around him.

There's no doubt in my mind that Ed Reed, Ray Lewis(especially),and Willis Mcgahee played inspired ball because of, or at least in part, for Sean Taylor. Lewis especially because of his fallen friend. Their pregame huddle was inspiring and Ray's face during the moment of silence was touching. He genuinely hurt. Their play on the field was obvious. However, like Storm, I think the Ravens as a whole playing specifically for Sean may be a reach. If that were the case, why wouldn't the Patriots be doing the same. Or any other team out there for that matter,(especially those with U connections).

I find it interesting that for some, in a game with some similarities to the Washington game against the Bills,(a few costly turnovers, an ill advised time out, strong defensive play, ect). With players like Lewis, Reed, and Mcgahee playing inspired ball just like Cooley, Moss, and Smoot, that it's the Ravens who played inspired ball in a close loss instead of the Redskins, (opponent not withstanding). Who as a whole, lost far more than the Ravens did,(as a whole), this past week.

Archived