Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor memorabilia price gouging

RavenzSuck

Guys

Be careful when buying anything that states it is Sean Taylor autographed or related memorabilia. I went to the Owings Mills Mall and saw a small Kiosk which was selling several different NFL autographed and game worn things. They were selling a Sean Taylor signed mini helmet for 400.00. It just made me so mad because all of the other player signed mini helmets were being sold between 30.00 and 80.00. You really can not put a price tag on anything related to Sean Taylor. I just think that we all need to be careful. A lot of these dealers are trying to take advantage of us. Who knows if the items that you could be buying are even authentic. It just bothers me that people are profiting off of this tragedy. We all need to make a living and feed our families but we should do it honestly. If you really want something, buy a tee-shirt that you see on these extremeskins threads or go to the nflshop and buy a S T Jersey.

Just Be careful!

RIP Sean Taylor

Mike V

Guys

Be careful when buying anything that states it is Sean Taylor autographed or related memorabilia. I went to the Owings Mills Mall and saw a small Kiosk which was selling several different NFL autographed and game worn things. They were selling a Sean Taylor signed mini helmet for 400.00. It just made me so mad because all of the other player signed mini helmets were being sold between 30.00 and 80.00. You really can not put a price tag on anything related to Sean Taylor. I just think that we all need to be careful. A lot of these dealers are trying to take advantage of us. Who knows if the items that you could be buying are even authentic. It just bothers me that people are profiting off of this tragedy. We all need to make a living and feed our families but we should do it honestly. If you really want something, buy a tee-shirt that you see on these extremeskins threads or go to the nflshop and buy a S T Jersey.

Just Be careful!

RIP Sean Taylor

Mike V

Agreed. But sellers only sell what the market will bear. The best way to end this practice is to stay away. That said, you can't account for scum.

Yeah I saw the jerseys. After his death on Monday, I saw definite knock off jerseys on Ebay going for a 100.00 or more in some cases! I have about 6 Sean Taylor Custom action figures , two jerseys, an autograph mini helmet, and before he died I got piece of his game jersey that he had worn during the Dallas Game with the game ball and a picture. Sean Taylor was my favorite player. I was so glad when we got him from Miami. He was such a beast of a player and now he is gone. I don't know how I am going to react on Sunday. Even though he was more than likely not going to play I will be saddened knowing that Sean Taylor will not be out here. God bless you Sean! You will be missed by more people than you know. You only had a short time to brighten our lives! May God comfort your family and you now. Rest in peace.

As much as bad times can bring out the best in some, it brings out the worst in others. Seen this with natural disasters,(local hardware, lumber companies, ect...), where prices of much needed items have been raised dramatically as demand went suddenly up. Guess there shouldn't be much surprise it happens in this case as well.

People are getting too greedy. I went to the sports shop around here and saw they had ONE jersey left, but I couldn't afford it. The clerk there said that a woman came in there earlier, bought a few, and you know they are going to be on Ebay soon. I glanced at Ebay - just being curious - and some people are selling theirs for hundreds of dollars.. it's getting out of hand.

I could have made a killings on ebay, but wouldn't dare disrespect Sean like that. I have an authentic (not game worn) Sean Taylor style helmet from the season when the #40 sticker was worn on the back in remembrance from Pat Tillman and an Authentic Jersey. I told my wife the other day; instead of buying all the BS that I wanted for Xmas get me a jersey and helmet case and both pieces are going in the living room.

I definitely bought an authentic 75th throwback Taylor jersey on eBay about a month ago for 59 DOLLARS. I have seen many of the EXACT SAME JERSEYS this week on ebay in the 250-350 range. So yeah...glad I got one when I did because the sellers are definitely trying to take advantage of people now in these tough times.

I dont see this as taking advantage when people are willing to pay that price? If everyone felt the way you did the prices would not go up.

Perhaps if you are ever offered a bonus at your job you should turn it down as you are really only doing your job and you wouldnt want to take advantage of your employer. Probably a bad example but if people dont pay it they are stuck with it and the price goes down. you can get a great archuletta jersey for $14.99 but I doubt too many people are rushing to get those right now.

Archived