Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Americas head is in the sand

Koolblue13

He also believes that the WoD does not accomplish the goals it sets out to do and spends an enormous amount of taxpayer money at the same time. He cannot legalize drugs as president, those laws belong to the state.

Interesting sidenote - the other day my hist prof was talking about the psychology of America always having a 'War on...' and how it is a major blow to the other side just having the word war in there. We are also the country that uses that term the most, it just goes to show just how militarized our society really is.

That's horse ****!

What is?

If you can prove that the average American cares or knows about any of that stuff you listed in the first post...then please by all means do so.

Anyway, I was AGREEING with your post btw which makes the above quote even more confusing....

(Just that if you think this country has ever had a "clean" political system, then you are sadly mistaken)

Interesting sidenote - the other day my hist prof was talking about the psychology of America always having a 'War on...' and how it is a major blow to the other side just having the word war in there. We are also the country that uses that term the most, it just goes to show just how militarized our society really is.
We joked about that in a thread last week. It seems if we use the words "war on", it's almost a lock that we won't win it, the american people will accept it as for thier good without looking into it and it will make some people a whole lot of money.

What is?

If you can prove that the average American cares or knows about any of that stuff you listed in the first post...then please by all means do so.

Anyway, I was AGREEING with your post btw which makes the above quote even more confusing....

(Just that if you think this country has ever had a "clean" political system, then you are sadly mistaken)

You being correct, that's the horse ****. Even when pointed out, most people don't care. One of my bosses is an avid Bush supporter who loves Rudy(he's from NYC). When I ask him about all the corruption charges and lies from 9/11, he starts to cry and tell me he saw the towers collapse and knows what happened because Rudy told him so. When I point out that Rudy was almost never at the site, didn't help to clean up, but held a televised adress, saying he was there more than most of the clean up crews(who are dying now, due to various diseases and being neglected), he just says Rudy lead us that day.

It's why I titled the thread "head in the sand". Everything I listed is all know by anybody who cares to look. Everybody complains about corruption being one of the largest problems in our gov't, but then we promote the most crooked of them all.

How can we be the greatest nation, if we let our gov't do anything they want, even if for personal gain. I want my country back.

But does he want to legalize? That sounds more like he is just against the structure of the laws and not the laws themselves.

he doesn't want federal control either way, he just wants to follow the constitution and let the states decide regardless of his personal opinions on drugs. just like he doesn't want to ban abortion even though he is against it, he just doesn't want any federal laws about it either way, let the states decide.

What I'm saying is - he isn't against the war on drugs because he is pro drug, he's against it because he feels the laws were made in an unconstitutional way. Personally, I care more about legalization because its my body and my choice - not because crappy laws were made in a crappy way... though I'm against that, too.

I forgot to mention, he doesn't believe addiction is a criminal issue but a medical issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

I can't speak to the others but the list on Obama consists of outright lies. Obama didn't accept money from a two year old. As soon as the campaign found out, they returned the money, as any campaign would have. Also Obama didn't misplace records, there weren't any. Comapare with Hillary where the records exist, but it's not particularly clear how to get them since they are still being sorted through. Pretty much seems like a sleazy, ill-researched hit piece .

I can't speak to the others but the list on Obama consists of outright lies. Obama didn't accept money from a two year old. As soon as the campaign found out, they returned the money, as any campaign would have. Also Obama didn't misplace records, there weren't any. Comapare with Hillary where the records exist, but it's not particularly clear how to get them since they are still being sorted through. Pretty much seems like a sleazy, ill-researched hit piece .

Yup, as I said, the **** on Obama is weak.

He still accepts donations from some very shady places, who also support the Clintons. The same groups who have been linked to Obamas land deals in Hawaii and corruption in Illinios. He seems fine, being in bed with them. Especially somebody who is vowing to clean out our corrupt gov't. Proof of empty words, although he is a lot cleaner than the top two.

Archived