Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skins defense during bills game

redmustangpony

I thought a delay of game penalty was an automatic 5 yards. I didn't know the defensive team had the option to accept or decline.:(

I think you're right. I think it's automatic. That's why offenses punting from just outside field goal range will take the penalty so often. They can get an extra 5 yards of cushion and the defense can't prevent it.

I think the only time that a delay of game can be declined is on an extra point, when the defense can elect to enforce the 5 yards on the ensuing kickoff.

But I like the concept.

What if the entire Bills O-line stood up in unison from their stances to draw a false start penalty, and we declined that? I'm pretty sure a false start can be declined.

This idea just brings tears to my eyes.

Redskins defense takes the field with ten players and a Sean Taylor jersey. Landry runs 25 yards deep and lays the jersey at center field. Formations are set and the Bills let play clock run down to 0. And we refuse the penalty. Could you imagine how loud that stadium will be while that clock is running down. Oh my god...........that would be awesome.

i like that idea even though i would lose it.

The play will unfold as normal. They will throw deep middle to exploit our percieved vulnerability, when suddenly the receiver will stop dead in his tracks, and crumple to the ground writhing in agony as the trainers run out onto the field holding a hand up into space probing for the phantom barrier that brought down their man.

See below, strait out of the rule book. It CAN be declined. I hope they do it.

The defensive team can decline the delay of game penalty in your play. All penalties under NFL rules can be declined, with one exception: The first onside kick attempted carries a five-yard penalty and a replay from the spot of the kick if that kick goes out of bounds. This penalty cannot be declined.

I think you're right. I think it's automatic. That's why offenses punting from just outside field goal range will take the penalty so often. They can get an extra 5 yards of cushion and the defense can't prevent it.

I think the only time that a delay of game can be declined is on an extra point, when the defense can elect to enforce the 5 yards on the ensuing kickoff.

But I like the concept.

What if the entire Bills O-line stood up in unison from their stances to draw a false start penalty, and we declined that? I'm pretty sure a false start can be declined.

What would be great is if Sean is there in spirit. When all of a sudden the bills pass the ball.. and the receiver falls to the ground when no one is seemlying around.. well know that was Sean Taylor. The true 12th man

Yes, in theory great, but, they are not going to throw a play away. I believe it will be done as stated, both teams come up to the line of scrimmage, the Redskins line up 10 and the bills 11, they stand and wait for the game clock to run out or expire, refs call a timeout or the skins decline the penalty.

When Spurrier was here I distinctly remember one game where he tried to get a delay of game to back up the punt, and the other team declined, then tried a false start, which was also declined, so yes, this is a penalty that can be declined.

See below, strait out of the rule book. It CAN be declined. I hope they do it.

The defensive team can decline the delay of game penalty in your play. All penalties under NFL rules can be declined, with one exception: The first onside kick attempted carries a five-yard penalty and a replay from the spot of the kick if that kick goes out of bounds. This penalty cannot be declined.

When Spurrier was here I distinctly remember one game where he tried to get a delay of game to back up the punt, and the other team declined, then tried a false start, which was also declined, so yes, this is a penalty that can be declined.

A false start is not declinable so that didnt happen. Sorry to call ya out but....just statin' facts...:silly:

1) You can decline any penelty (Including the out of bounds on a onside kick. That was changed 2 years ago). Other poster posted it

2) Even if you couldn't, skins could jump offsides next play (But again, you can).

3) The down never happened, so even if you decline the penlty, it's still 1st down.

This could happen. It would be nice if it happened.

Archived