Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Photos of Taylor Memorial at Redskins Park

themurf

Although I could not be there, these photos REALLY make me feel a sense of family and community. Its great to have the support of fellow fans through this difficult and confusing time...

Thanks Extremeskins for making this a special time in the history of our franchise.

We love you Sean

Although I could not be there, these photos REALLY make me feel a sense of family and community. Its great to have the support of fellow fans through this difficult and confusing time...

Thanks Extremeskins for making this a special time in the history of our franchise.

We love you Sean

you are so right. went there tonight and it really helped, i was distraught most of the day but being with those who were going thru what i was going thru helped.

People were in thier own groups all talking bout memories of the team or sean. it helped so much.

my only compliant was the way the media, nbc, cbs, abc acted. they should have been out of the way and let us do our thing. instead they were right up on us, lights in our faces and walking all over the number.

while the chaplin was saying a prayer you could hear all the media doing live reports. so disrespectfull. The guy from nbc was bumping into me to try to get a better angle and than got mad cause people walked on his wires and they lost sound.

now that i have ranted about the media , Sean will always be with us. I will never forget sean and what he emant to all of us.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. The one with Chief Z kneeling with his head down is very moving, it brought tears to my eyes. It was hard to hold back the tears at work yesterday as I talked with fellow co-workers who are SKins fans. I"m still in shock along with everyone else. Redskin #21 will be dearly missed. We love you Sean Taylor!!

Thank you, Murf, the photos are fine. I also want to thank my fellow fans who attended the vigils. I couldn't make it there, it's too far. However, I think they will allow me to say their presence made me feel as if I were there with them. I truly appreciate their efforts.

We have shown the nation why being fans means so much to us. This incident has made it more clear than ever to me. I used to think it was just football. Now I know it's more than that.

We want to belong, we want to be together. There are divisions in society that we are still working to heal, divisions that hurt.

But did you see the mourners? Young and old, black and white, a variety of races and ethnicities. I'm sure some make a lot of money, others not so much. Some live in fashionable neighborhoods, others in more humble surroundings.

They go to different houses of worship and they don't vote the same way. But they come together as a family, and believe me, I don't use that word lightly.

They - no, I should say "we" - celebrate together and mourn together. We discuss the issues of the day, we meet for fun, we share meals. We believe in representing our area and ourselves with pride. Doesn't that sound like a band of brothers and sisters?

It does to me.

I suggest we let this be part of Sean's legacy: The strengthening of our bonds with one another. Let those bonds open our eyes to ways we can grow ever closer.

Archived