Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official who do the Redskins draft thread.

forbeskin

My personal preference for the 2008 draft is:

1st rounder: DE or pass rushing LB

2nd: James Hardy

4th: Guard for Kendall depth/replacement

5th: project Dline

6th: project Oline

7th: project DB

i agree... what DE will be available?

LB we dont need, we have good rookies there

Is it just me or did our WRs look reasonably good today. We know that Moss is still injured and there isn't first round talent at WR in the draft so give up on it. The only person I'd consider is Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals in free agency if he is cheap enough.

Is it just me or did our WRs look reasonably good today. We know that Moss is still injured and there isn't first round talent at WR in the draft so give up on it. The only person I'd consider is Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals in free agency if he is cheap enough.
he may not be a first rounder but....there is a WR we can grab http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160604

**** free agency

We need to take a good long look at what Mix can bring to the table. Then, draft a DE or DT that can get to the QB in the first and depending on how Mix looks a WR in the second and then OL from there on out. If we do that, we will improve our team dramatically.

However, OL looks deep this year. Depending on what we do in the first, I wouldn't mind us trading up in the 2nd to get a RT, as there will be some good starting caliber guys available at the top of the 2nd round. As for Forbeskin's list:no:....there are two F.A. WRs I'd be looking awfully hard at: Bryant Johnson-Cardinals and Bernard Berrian-Bears, in that order. However, if we have the cap space to pick up T. Suggs from the Ravens in F.A. that would free us up to go OL/WR in the first two rounds making a WR in F.A. unnecessary.

bump....i want someones oppinion on this guy http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160604

I agree 100% with you on Hardy. I watched the Penn State game and he is sick. He is huge and fast and makes the catches while being hit. He also made a "Randy Moss catch" in the end zone by taking the ball over the head of the corner. It was crazy. Does anyone know when he is expected to be drafted. It would be sick if we could get him in the second.

2008 WR Free Agents, there isn't a solid wideout on here. We have to go WR during the draft. Unfortunately, this isn't best class for WR's.

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team

WR Sam Aiken UFA Buffalo Bills

WR Bernard Berrian UFA Chicago Bears

WR Troy Brown UFA New England Patriots

WR Drew Carter UFA Carolina Panthers

WR Tim Carter UFA New York Giants

WR Antonio Chatman UFA Cincinnati Bengals

WR Keary Colbert UFA Carolina Panthers

WR Terrance Copper UFA New Orleans Saints

WR Patrick Crayton UFA Dallas Cowboys

WR Devard Darling UFA Baltimore Ravens

WR Andre' Davis UFA Houston Texans

WR Chris M. Davis RFA Miami Dolphins

WR Rashied Davis RFA Chicago Bears

WR Malcom Floyd RFA San Diego Chargers

WR Skyler Fulton UFA Seattle Seahawks

WR Doug Gabriel UFA Oakland Raiders

WR Justin Gage UFA Tennessee Titans

WR D.J. Hackett UFA Seattle Seahawks

WR Carlyle Holiday RFA Green Bay Packers

WR B.J. Johnson RFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WR Bryant Johnson UFA Arizona Cardinals

WR Greg Lee ERFA Arizona Cardinals

WR Ruvell Martin UFA Green Bay Packers

WR Jerome Mathis RFA Houston Texans

WR Keenan McCardell UFA Washington Redskins

WR Lance Moore RFA New Orleans Saints

WR Eric Moulds UFA Tennessee Titans

WR Samie Parker UFA Kansas City Chiefs

WR David Patten UFA New Orleans Saints

WR Marcus Robinson UFA Detroit Lions

WR Brandon Stokley UFA Denver Broncos

WR Ernest Wilford Signed Jacksonville Jaguars

I would go after Bryant Johnson from the cards. He is big and has been in the shadows of the two star wrs in arizona. By the way did you see his sick catch today? Get this guy danny and draft hardy. We would be set at WR.

Dude, we got it the first 78 times you posted the link. James Hardy is tall. Maybe he can play. That is all.
look, i dont encourage draft options often and i have a great feeling about this guy...if you dont like how many times i post the link then stay the **** out of the thread

we need to replace springs

I think its pretty much a given that we will go incredibly hard after Asante Samuel in the offseason. I don't think he is allowed to be franchised this year by New England, and I def. see Snyder shelling out all kinds of money for him.

I think we go Chris Long in the 1st round, and a WR in the second, followed by O-Lineman with the picks we have left.

c campbell de-miami, k rivers lb-usc,or a cason cb-arizona

(any one of these defenders would make an impact and strengthen a strength-D)

unless

pat white declares- (would eventually, finally fill this franchises #1 reciever spot) (i dont think m kelly of d jackson would)

Interesting. Out of total curiosity I'm just wondering why you think Pat White could be a great wideout. I figured he'd be another Randle El type guy. I'm sure you have seen more of him than I have. Do you really think he could be that good? It'd be an interesting pickup to say the least.

I am sick of drafting defensive secondary players in the first round every year. I'd like to see us use our first round pick on the best offensive lineman availible, and then pick with the second rounder a Dlineman and alternate throughout the draft. I know thats a pipe dream but it would be nice. I'm sure though Greg Williams will fall in love with some corner and we take him instead and don't touch the lines until the end of the draft :/

Archived