Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official who do the Redskins draft thread.

forbeskin

i was also going to say Limas Sweed out of UT...

I love Chris Long's motor, especially against the pass rush, but I worry about him against the run...

Part of that could be the 3-4 scheme he is in...but i was sat along the sidelines at the Tech-UVA game, and Tech continuously ran right at him....i guess if you want to replace Daniels with him great...I think he will likely be gone when we pick...although, at the rate we are playing...who knows....

we HAVE to get a stud WR in the offseason....i dont care how you do it...you CANNOT go into another year thinking santana moss is a true no.1 ...you must have a 6'2+ guy to draw coverages, and to let moss run out of the slot, to use his speed to create separation....

once again, we probably need more than we can get....we NEED (probably) this offseason a new starter at: (in no order of priority)

1) Defensive Tackle

2) Right Tackle

3) Cornerback

4) Wide Receiver

5) Defensive End

I am assuming that Jansen is on his last legs...I love Jon, but his play had degenerated before his injury...

Griffin is also getting up there in age, and although Golston and Montgomery are great depth, we have needed a STUD DT for like, well...when did Darryl Grant retire?

I assume Sean Springs is likely done...who knows what Rogers will do off the knee injury...we will not even discuss the Carlos Rogers 11.6 yard cushion (patent pending)...

Our wide receiver woes are well documented.....

Phillip Daniels is depth...chris wilson shows promise....demetric evans still fills in nicely at times...

And then we need depth....but you probably need STARTERS at those positions...and beyond STARTERS...you need IMPACT STARTERS if you want to challenge Dallas for the division

love James Hardy also. Was sold on him after the PSU game. The guy is sick and if he puts up a fast 40 time he will probably be a 1st rounder unfortunately. We need a big WR who we can tell just go up and get it, especially in the redzone. Sure could of used him today.

I really want to see the club fully transform Lorenzo Alexander into a guard by the end of the season. He doesn't get much of a pass rush anyway and he seems to be a good enough blocker that he has replaced Pucillo in a lot of sets. He is the strongest guy on the team and works hard. If this club can trust Alexander as a backup going into 2008, then we only need one G/C through the draft.

In FA we add two players at the DE and WR positions...

At DE we've gotta go get Jared Allen, he is worth breaking the bank for...

At WR I would like one of either Bryant Johnson or Malcolm Floyd...Both are big Wr's Johnson 6'3 215+ range and Floyd 6'5 220+...Johnson is the more Vertical fast WR were Floyd is the leaper/possession move the sticks guy...I would be happy with either one...

Draft:

1st- DE Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, or Vernon Gholston...BPA out of the 3

2nd- CB Antoine Cason, Zack Bowman, Chevis Jackson...BPA out of the 3

3rd- LG not familiar with any OG's in the draft...

5th- TE Joey Haynos or Tom Santi

6th- OL project

7th- OL/DL project...

IF Tebow comes out into the draft and was available, would you take him? There's a lot of Campbell haters now. Would they be willing to start over a QB?

Tebow might be a good choice for a team needing a hard-running fullback...maybe in a couple of years, if he can hold his weight down, somebody might give him a shot at playing QB...I doubt it will be the 'Skins.

1st round - calais campbell, glenn dorsey (likely gone), chris long (likely gone), or tyson jackson. basically a big nasty dlineman.

2nd round - james hardy, or best TALL wr available. limas sweed?

3rd round - bpa for oline or corner

i dont think we are going to have a 4th

5th thru 7th - bpa oline and dline

our main needs this offseason are going to be a solid de to take over for daniels, a legitimate #1 wr and some much needed depth for the oline.

In FA we add two players at the DE and WR positions...

At DE we've gotta go get Jared Allen, he is worth breaking the bank for...

At WR I would like one of either Bryant Johnson or Malcolm Floyd...Both are big Wr's Johnson 6'3 215+ range and Floyd 6'5 220+...Johnson is the more Vertical fast WR were Floyd is the leaper/possession move the sticks guy...I would be happy with either one...

Draft:

1st- DE Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, or Vernon Gholston...BPA out of the 3

2nd- CB Antoine Cason, Zack Bowman, Chevis Jackson...BPA out of the 3

3rd- LG not familiar with any OG's in the draft...

5th- TE Joey Haynos or Tom Santi

6th- OL project

7th- OL/DL project...

Thank God you aren't the GM, :laugh:

Am I the only person that think we should trade Moss for a 5th or 6th rounder?

Hell, is he even worth that?

Would you trade him to Dallas for that?

I've never been an advocate of drafting for need but we need a #1 WR in the worst way. We also need a DE.... Those two positions have to be addressed this off season. My pick is Limas Sweed to fill the WR roll.

Right now I'd look at Calais Campbell or Vernon Gholston (wonder if he's related to Kedrick).

Limas Sweed isn't a bad choice but I'd look receiver in the 2nd round. Then I look for O Line depth to develop to develop since all their starting O Lineman are at or near 30. Also have to think about a young QB to develop in the 5th or 6th round but then again Jordan Palmer failed so who knows

I agree that DE and OL are what we need, but somewhere in the draft, we must pick up a tall WR. There is no one I see in this FA class of receivers that is a must-have. I would say that Jerome Mathis from the Texans would be a great pickup. Guy is blinding fast, I remember seeing him play at Hampton, a couple of years ago, he lead the league in kick returns and had 3 TDs between kicks and punts. That can free up ARE to play WR exclusively, but alas, he is a RFA and he's not worth us giving up draft picks.

Unless we tank out the rest of the season, there is close to no chance of us getting Dorsey or Long. Both of those guys would be gone by #5. Between Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Marcus Monk or even Marcus Henry from Kansas one of them will be available in the middle rounds. which can free us to use our 1st, 2nd (and if possible 3rd) round picks to get depth on both lines.

Isnt Jared Allen a RFA this year?

Archived