Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get off Campbell's back!!!

Drunken Master III

We have become an "instant" society... most good things don't happen overnight. The success of Romo sits to pee and Roeslisberger has affected the opinion of many ES members.

Thats the truth.

It's really kinda sad, actually.

If/When Campbell becomes a game changing, elite QB those morons will be saying they were with him all along.

People don't understand that it takes years for QB's to learn and develop. Look at Elway, people always said he'd never win the big one...it took him a solid DECADE to figure it out.

Not comparing Campbell to Elway but I'm sick of all the knee jerkers on here thinking Campbell's career is going to be horse **** because he's thrown picks this early in his career. If they were Packers fans, I'm sure they'd be calling for Favre's head because he's the all time leader in INTs.

For all those people who are SO sure they know how Campbell will turn out, PM me your lottery numbers cause I'd sure like to win.

Idiots.

If Brunell was our QB today, we'd have lost 33-3. Please.

Last 18 games under Brunell, record was 9-9

Last 18 under Campbell, record is 7-11.

Sure, Campbell has a much higher upside and most likely has a brighter football future, but as far as RIGHT NOW, they seem to be pretty even when it comes to the win/loss column.

Technincally, he is finishing his first year. He has only played in 18 games. He is still learning. By the way, he lost ARE in the second half, our line is decimated with injuries. I can't really blame him all for this loss. Portis lost a fumble and so did moss. If it weren't for those turnovers as well, we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Last 18 games under Brunell, record was 9-9

Last 18 under Campbell, record is 7-11.

Sure, Campbell has a much higher upside and most likely has a brighter football future, but as far as RIGHT NOW, they seem to be pretty even when it comes to the win/loss column.

Just curious, but what was Brunell's record as our starting QB? I don't know why Brunell's name is being mentioned, but I will play along.

Get off his back? These aren't his first games or anything - he's had a year's worth of starts in his 3rd year in the NFL! He doesn't lead us to victory fine. But the fact that he made 3 unbelievably horrible throws to cost us the past two games inexcusable. He needs to prove that he's not a choke or its going to follow him the rest of his life.

Umm....exactly how did 3 bad passes cause the points off of turnovers that gave the bucs a higher score, hence the reason we lost?

W O W ! ! ! Some of you must be high/drunk or something cause last I checked in the last two games JC has thrown for 563 yards. JC is doing his job, yes the interceptions were unfortunate at the end of the last two games but he didn't put us in the hole he was leading us out of.

Also, comparing win/loss stats and blaming it on the quarterback is insane, psst...QB's don't play defense..:doh:

Umm....exactly how did 3 bad passes cause the points off of turnovers that gave the bucs a higher score, hence the reason we lost?

W O W ! ! ! Some of you must be high/drunk or something cause last I checked in the last two games JC has thrown for 563 yards. JC is doing his job, yes the interceptions were unfortunate at the end of the last two games but he didn't put us in the hole he was leading us out of.

Also, comparing win/loss stats and blaming it on the quarterback is insane, psst...QB's don't play defense..:doh:

I like JC and I certainly don't think the losses were his fault, but I don't think you can separate the yards from the turnovers. He had a critical fumble and interception in Dallas and a critical fumble and two critical interceptions against TB.

Peyton Manning also had Marvin Harrison to throw to- a hall of fame receiver. I think that it is only fair to let Jason Campbell have this year to grow and learn and then we can get on him next year at this time once he has played enough. Not every QB is like Ben Roethlisberger. I think that we need to exhibit some patients with Jason Campbell.

Some of the comments made by some of you "fans" are unbelievable. Saying Jason is too dumb to be a top tier QB is ridiculous. It angers me to a point as well. Campbell is a work in progress. I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB. People were actually calling Peyton Manning's head his first couple of seasons and look at him now. Give it time "fans". Some of your comments are down right spiteful. Problem is some of you actually expected Jason to be Tom Brady over night. Give it a rest.

The truth hurts. The fact of the matter is that Jason is a "dumb" quarterback with a good arm ... but, that's it.

The Skins bet a lot on him. They gave up 3 draft picks for him, including 2 first rounders. Do you think he is worth that? Tony Romo sits to pee is the real deal - He has played the same amount of games and has a better Win/Loss record. Besides, he doesn't make DUMB mistakes like throwing interceptions when the game is on the line.

Yes! The Skin fans maybe a tad impatient ... But, lets not forget Jason is no rookie. This is his 3rd year!!!

I don't know what you all expected...After years of horrible quarterbacks or the 35+ club quarterbacks, I'm happy we've got a young guy that looks to be improving with each start...And we're letting him pass.

If we ran the ball all day today, people would be screaming, "I don't care if he makes some stupid passes to try to win the game, our coaches are dinosaurs that haven't gotten with the pass-happy times."

IF our recievers/backs didn't fumble the balls in the first half, IF Campbell didnt cause some turnovers, IF we didnt drop all the balls, IF Fox didn't get called on an illegal block to the back, yada yada yada... Fact is, Campbell led our team to a drive that could have one the game for us...No way any of our other saggy ball quarterbacks get us that close.

So I say let him grow. I expected a losing season. As long as we improve by a couple this year I'm alright.

The Skins bet a lot on him. They gave up 3 draft picks for him, including 2 first rounders. Do you think he is worth that? Tony Romo sits to pee is the real deal - He has played the same amount of games and has a better Win/Loss record. Besides, he doesn't make DUMB mistakes like throwing interceptions when the game is on the line.

He's got all-star recievers to throw it too AND two good backs...AND he's good, but he's not doing it alone.

You know your recievers are a joke, when your deep threat is James Thrash.

Everytime Brunell is mentioned, Romo sits to pee should be mentioned

The thing is, as good as Romo sits to pee is with the Cowboys he wouldn't be nearly as successful with the Redskins for the simple fact that we have weak skill players except for Cooley...

The skill players in Dallass make plays for Romo sits to pee...How many times have you seen him just throw it up but the receiver makes a play for him...Here when JC or even Brunell tried to show some faith in the WR and throw it up and give them a chance they get rewarded with the WR giving up on the route and allowing the DB to pick it off instead of fighting for the ball and coming up with...JC and even Brunell have to be pinpoint with the passes here b/c the WR's just don't make any plays on the ball...That is changing with McCardell and Caldwell coming on but Moss, ARE, Lloyd can't or just won't go get it...

Yeah, just because he blew it at the end, AGAIN, doesn't mean he can't be a good QB. Just because in the last two games, when he can pull off the win, he throws a pick instead, is no reason to think maybe he or a family member may have a gambling problem and he NEEDS to throw games the way he does to cover a debt. Some people are just too harsh on poor little J.C. No one should judge him on how bad his performance is, even though he'll get paid the same regardless, and only focus on what a star he can and will become (when he signs with another team). So everyone just stay off his back and continue to let him grow and throw our season away.

Campbell certainly looks great at times and he absolutely has a future here. I want to see what he does when his supporting cast does their job. So far, he hasn't lost us games on his own. Eli Manning gets that award :laugh:. When Campbell starts single-handedly losing games for us on a consistent basis, then you can be concerned. Something tells me that we won't see that scenario happen. He may lose a few and turn the ball over, but he also will win us a lot of games. If anyone [fan or otherwise] doesn't see the promise in his abilities, both physical and mental, they're fuggin' idiots. Pay them no mind man. Shake dem haters off :)

HTTR

Some of the comments made by some of you "fans" are unbelievable. Saying Jason is too dumb to be a top tier QB is ridiculous. It angers me to a point as well. Campbell is a work in progress. I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB. People were actually calling Peyton Manning's head his first couple of seasons and look at him now. Give it time "fans". Some of your comments are down right spiteful. Problem is some of you actually expected Jason to be Tom Brady over night. Give it a rest.

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!

:D

He will prove himself when he stops throwing INT's that cost us WINS!!!!

I'm more than willing to be patient with a guy who makes mistakes.

What troubles me is that when the game is on the line he makes REALLY, REALLY bad mistakes under very little pass rush pressure.

You could see this board change in its attitude towards another young QB here a couple years back after a late pick vs. the Eagles (back when they were still pretty decent.) Meanwhile, Jason makes far more embarrassing mental mistakes at the WORST possible moments after not making them for almost the entire game and people immediately rewrite history about great QBs of the past to rationalize them.

I'm not saying Campbell is a bust. But we can't make bad arguments in favor of him to assuage our anxieties. Nor can we ignore that it's not 'mistakes' that is at issue but Campbell's failure, REPEATEDLY, to bring the team back from moderate or very small (not 30 point miracle comeback attempts) deficits and making terrible decisions while doing so is a 'warning sign' that would concern anyone.

(HE also missed a wide open Cooley that would have converted that 3rd down and threw in traffic instead (though it still should have been a first.)

He will prove himself when he stops throwing INT's that cost us WINS!!!!

Did the INT's cost us the win over Dallas an TB ??

TO was nearly uncovered for 4 TD's and before his two crucial INT's we had 4 turnovers vs. TB.

Without these mistakes we would not even be close to situations where JC has to lead the Skins in this "Must score ore die" drives.

Wonder about the comments if he would have completed the two passes against the Cowboys and TB.

Two passes between "He sucks" and "He is our future". Let him grow - I have the feeling that a lot of fans want too much. We have to get some kind of stability to the team.

We are not to far away from a team with a good winning record. Not a team that dominates the league like the patriots, but a good team.

And although i am disappointed because of the three losses, too ( incl. the Packers Game) it starts to make fun watching the Redskins play Football again.

Ore would anybody prefer the last season with an Offense lead by Brunell an the Defense we played then?

(I have Nightmares when I think of him leading this No - Huddle Offense)

Regards

Sorry for my English, I'm a Redskins fan from Germany ;-)

I see potential but I think the coaches need to reel him back in just a little bit. I think Jason has a need to force balls at times. The first pick by Barber would have been successful against 95 percent of the quarterbacks in the league. The second pick was just foolish on Campbell part. It was not like Kelly was burnt and Jason threw that ball on a rope. With that being said, I think the coaches need to enlighten Jason in the two minute warning to do more check downs in the red zone and allow the back or receiver make a play to the end zone. In that cover 2 I think he needs to realize the outside hash mark is not his friend. Anything in the middle of the field of a tampa 2 is wide open. I think Jason knows this and maybe Jason feels his arm strength will get him through but Jason has to know when to bring that ball down and just take off. I also feel when the Skins get deep in the red zone we should run the ball more. Two weeks in a row I feel as though with plenty of time on the clock the Skins could had easily ran the ball on the Bucs and that matter the Cowboys because they were looking for past the whole time. Sometimes the old run, run, pass can pay dividends when applied at the right time.

Seriously-what is with all this Campbell negativity??

Yes-the guy is going to make mistakes, this is part of the LEARNING process. If anything, I've been impressed with him leading his team on late game drives.

If you guys had bothered watching Romo sits to pee last year, especially down the stretch, the guy was an INT machine late in games. He even made bad decisions against THE LIONS(of all teams) that costed us.

Just keep your heads up, guys-there's still TOO much football left.

Archived