Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get off Campbell's back!!!

Drunken Master III

A lot of denial exists in Redskins Nation.

IHOP, I'm sorry, but the staff has to instill a sense of discipline in this team and part of that is protecting the football. Santana Moss and Clinton Portis aren't rookies. If they're going to make the same mistakes over and over again, bench their butts! Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells used to make their charges afraid of failure. Here, there's no accountability whatsover.

You sir have hit the nail on the head...Excellent Post!

1.) JC's mistakes today were terrible...Their's no denying that...But on offense other than Cooley/McCardell who is helping him...JC is carrying this team and is being let down by his high priced skill players, thus Campbell forcing passes at the end of the game...

2.) Yes Jason is a 3rd yr player but he is just now past a rookie in playing time(he just started his 17th game) he is getting better and is being asked to carry a mediocre team...

3.) JC has brought this team from behind to win before he did it last yr against Carolina...

4.) Even the great ones make mistakes and fail...Why is JC not allowed to make mistakes or fail? I understand as fans we want our team to win every game but **** happens and you don't...Allow JC time to grow and we will be good for along time especially IF this team puts some capable players around him and our suffering through these mistakes and tough losses will be well worth it...

Guest ridgely

You can only make excuses for Ferotte,I mean Campbell for so long. He makes the same killing mistakes too much.The young QB crap is wearing pretty thin.

Some of the comments made by some of you "fans" are unbelievable. Saying Jason is too dumb to be a top tier QB is ridiculous. It angers me to a point as well. Campbell is a work in progress. I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB. People were actually calling Peyton Manning's head his first couple of seasons and look at him now. Give it time "fans". Some of your comments are down right spiteful. Problem is some of you actually expected Jason to be Tom Brady over night. Give it a rest.

Praise the Lord!

Finally someone who gets it.

campbell has some good qualities to him, and some terrible ones as well...

good points: can throw deep, can throw with some zip, is somewhat mobile, doesn't let defenses see his emotion...

bad points: throwing deep with no accuracy, zipping the ball behind receivers, has, at times, a "wind-up" throw, has no ability to arch the throw...

he seems to do well when there are 3-4 rec. sets, as does the running game, but mostly he has to learn to quit staring down receivers, and get his accuracy more sharp, AND, learn to "loft" the ball over defenders.

i am not a campbell basher, i think he will be a great qb later, but as in alot of cases, by the time this happens, alot of the great receivers will be long gone, and be forced to throw to scrubs

You can only make excuses for Ferotte,I mean Campbell for so long. He makes the same killing mistakes too much.The young QB crap is wearing pretty thin.

Nobody is making excuses...JC has to get better for sure...no question about it!

The reasoning is more for the irrational fans out there to just step back and realize that we are dealing with a QB that just made his 17th or 18th start...FOR ME this season was all about JC developing...The Paloffs are gravy...If we make it great, if not ok...Our franchise QB is getting the valuable experience and taking the lumps he needs to take to lead us in the future. I'm 31 and have been a Skins fan for over 20yrs and been through ups and downs rooting for this team so 1 more yr isnt going to kill me...

Some of the comments made by some of you "fans" are unbelievable. Saying Jason is too dumb to be a top tier QB is ridiculous. It angers me to a point as well. Campbell is a work in progress. I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB. People were actually calling Peyton Manning's head his first couple of seasons and look at him now. Give it time "fans". Some of your comments are down right spiteful. Problem is some of you actually expected Jason to be Tom Brady over night. Give it a rest.

Get off his back? These aren't his first games or anything - he's had a year's worth of starts in his 3rd year in the NFL! He doesn't lead us to victory fine. But the fact that he made 3 unbelievably horrible throws to cost us the past two games inexcusable. He needs to prove that he's not a choke or its going to follow him the rest of his life.

oh well, skins fans are just too impatient.. they want it all right now. all or nothing, dont care enough to let it develop.

Impatient? We have had 2 winning seasons in the last 12.

10 years with a losing team. Ooops, make that 11 years. I was forgetting about this season.

Jason is fine and is going to be very good in this league. Human nature is to hate when you're frustrated.

The good news is that the coaching staff is finally allowing him to be in a position to win these games and lay everything on his shoulders. At least he's not being micro-manged anymore. I think he's making mistakes more due to impatience in the red zone then anything else. Something I think he will improve upon with time having experienced the last couple of weeks. Jason is putting us in a position to win these games -- now he has to learn how to close the door.

I think he needs to exercise more patience inside the red zone. For instance, I did not like the fact last week against Dallas with a first down at the twenty he tried to hit Santanna on a slant for the touchdown and just missed him.

The problem I had was that if we had gotten that touchdown it would have given Dallas entirely too much time to come back and beat us with a field goal. To me that was an impatient play at that time of the game. Sometimes good quarterbacking requires thinking ahead as well.

To me we needed to work more of the clock and get the ball inside the ten -- and then take our shots with little time remaining -- ensuring we win the game with very little time left. It pust so much more pressure on the defense.

Today I thought the last pick again showed some impatience by Jason inside the twenty. Santana really was not open -- and the pass should not have been thrown. However, the irony is that he exercised a lot of patience driving us down the field. Taking the little dump offs to Ladell and Clinton and working the sidelines. He did the same thing against Dallas last week.

But again inside the twenty, I thought he got alittle bit too greedy again and forced a pass inside the red zone. Like the drive to get down there he needs to exercise the same patience he has outside the red zone that he does not have inside the red zone. I say work the ball down inside say the eight or seven yard line and then take your shots win the game.

The positive is that he's definately showing a lot of development in moving this offense in the two minute drill and in the air -- it's been effective because he's patient when he runs it -- he just needs to relax more inside the red zone.

Quite frankly, this team has been atrocious in the red zone (an inability to get touchdowns) and on third and fourth short yardage situations all year -- poor execution has cost us at least three games this year.

As this season has progressed it's becoming simple at what this team needs to do, the offense needs to work on two things in practice from here on out: Red zone offense and short yardage offense. Memo to coaching staff: I'm glad you went for it down on the three -- but it's okay to use a finese offensive play in those situations every now and then. Sonny Jurgensen would have done a play action and fake on that play and hit Jerry Smith for the touchdown. With N.E. it's the play action fake to the tight end that is their money play.

We need to develop Anthony Mix as a legit red zone big receiver target, and we need to Sean Taylor back for the stretch run.

Excuse me... You say "I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB." - It was actually 2 late interceptions. He has not been able to sucessfully finish a game. Each week more and more people will see this.

I think Jason will be a real good quarterback maybe as early as next year. He's having trouble finishing games for us but this is his first real year. I say give him time.

Just keep believing this. He will squeak out wins against weak teams, and continue to blow the game against decent teams. When the game is on the line, and we need the offense to score or move the ball for first downs, he will coninue to fold like a cheap lawn chair. You will slowly start to see this. It may take some of you a while to see it... but you will.

Archived