Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get off Campbell's back!!!

Drunken Master III

Some of the comments made by some of you "fans" are unbelievable. Saying Jason is too dumb to be a top tier QB is ridiculous. It angers me to a point as well. Campbell is a work in progress. I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB. People were actually calling Peyton Manning's head his first couple of seasons and look at him now. Give it time "fans". Some of your comments are down right spiteful. Problem is some of you actually expected Jason to be Tom Brady over night. Give it a rest.

Some of the comments made by some of you "fans" are unbelievable. Saying Jason is too dumb to be a top tier QB is ridiculous. It angers me to a point as well. Campbell is a work in progress. I was upset when he threw that last pick but I understand that there will be growing pains with a young QB. People were actually calling Peyton Manning's head his first couple of seasons and look at him now. Give it time "fans". Some of your comments are down right spiteful. Problem is some of you actually expected Jason to be Tom Brady over night. Give it a rest.

Amen to that:applause::applause:

lol ur in denial :applause: :cheers:

I don't think Campbell is 'not smart enough' to lead this team. I feel he just doesn't have what it takes to lead us to a comeback victory late in the game.

This is the 5th time this season he has gotten us real close to winning late in the game and fallen short. I hope he can learn from this and this ability will develop, but right now he doesn't have it.

If he did, we would be a paloff contender.

While some folks are just ridiculous w/ the kneejerk reactions to our QB, its getting just as sickening hearing people talk about what Troy Aikman/Manning/etc. did in thier first year as a starter.

Just because they sucked and got good doesn't mean Jason Campbell will do the same. The success rate of NFL QBs is very low, most guys just don't end up cutting it. The good ones can win a game for thier team though and Campbell has yet to do that which is scary to me. I PRAY that he ends up being a great QB, but be fair in your analysis, for every Peyton there are 10 Heath Shulers.

I'm not down on Campbell yet, but it's disheartening to see his worst throw of the day coming at the most crucial moment for two weeks in a row now.

Neither the pass intercepted by Newman nor the pass caught by Kelly should ever have been thrown and there's no way around that.

He needs to move on from this game quickly and demonstrate that he can learn from his mistakes.

So what happened his first season?.... go check the stats
You said "first couple". And no one was calling for the "head" of Manning as a rookie on a bad team who threw a lot of picks, especially not when he set rookie records for passing yds and TDs. They knew what they had.

Campbell's in his 3rd season. Ridiculous comparison.

JC is SLOW........to develop

I do not think its about a bad decision to throw it

Its about not having a Lob in his arsenal

The man has no touch

Having said that.....he called the 4th and goal that got stopped

If he gets the credit if they score......he should get the blame if they don't (barring execution issues)

You said "first couple". And no one was calling for the "head" of Manning as a rookie on a bad team who threw a lot of picks, especially not when he set rookie records for passing yds and TDs. They knew what they had.

Campbell's in his 3rd season. Ridiculous comparison.

I didnt know that Campbell had been the starter for 3 full seasons! Thanks for the history lesson!! :doh:

Campbell is our franchise. I don't think there's any doubt about that in my mind. This kid is going to be very good in this league. Very soon, he'll learn how to close out these games. He has matured and evolved every single week. I can see it. Those of you upset that he hasn't progressed faster than he has can stick it. I love this kid and I'm extatic that we have found our franchise QB.

oh well, skins fans are just too impatient.. they want it all right now. all or nothing, dont care enough to let it develop.

You could use the exact same statement to describe the owner of this team. And it's overall philosophy.

So, perhaps in this case, it's fans are a true reflection of it's owner?

I agree. Campbell is developing into a good QB. However, you have to question his ability to finish games.

He's thrown for over 300 yards the past two games and converts a lot of third down and longs, keeping us in the game... but he'll need to turn those almost comebacks into complete comebacks. I'll keep faith in him because I like what I see from him more then any QB I've seen yet in a Redskins uniform, but we need him to come through for us in the clutch, and sooner rather then later.

Have you ever wondered why young athletes don't do well playing in Washington? We will probably run Campbell off and he'll go star someone else...

JC is SLOW........to develop

I do not think its about a bad decision to throw it

Its about not having a Lob in his arsenal

The man has no touch

Having said that.....he called the 4th and goal that got stopped

If he gets the credit if they score......he should get the blame if they don't (barring execution issues)

He's quite a bit of touch actually. Watching him play in college I often felt he put too much air under the ball and his long balls had a tendency to float out there. For some reason this has changed dramatically in the pros.

I don't know if he's been coached this way but he seems to throw with a lot more velocity than he did in college.

I also contest that it wasn't a bad decision to throw it, it was. Even if he had gotten some touch on the ball, he was too late throwing the ball for it to be completed successfully.

We have become an "instant" society... most good things don't happen overnight. The success of Romo sits to pee and Roeslisberger has affected the opinion of many ES members.

So true. Don't forget to throw Brady in there. Instant success QB's are rare, but everybody wants them and grow impatient too quickly. :doh:

Archived