Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Mommy Moment...

ldysknzfn1

I'd like to share a "mommy moment" here if I may. Yes...it's Redskins related but not enough that I should put in over there in the asylum.

My daughter is 21y/o. And yes you can have "Mommy moments" even when they're grown. And she's never showed any active interest in football or the Redskins that I can remember. It was usually my son who showed the interest in sports. Anyway...My family and I went to my Mom's house for turkey day today. Of course we watched football all day long. Well...the Cowturds game came on and of course we talked about last weeks "almost win" in Texas. As we were chit chatting, my daughter chimes in and says, "We almost beat those Cowboys didn't we Mom?" My heart skipped a beat. She said "WE". Then she continued with this..."OUR new QB is looking pretty good isn't he Mom?" "If not for that interception close to the end, WE would have won that game". Then she proceeds to tell me that she watched the game last week! Then she says the crous de gras(?sp)..." I hate Dallas..they get on my nerves...they think they're better than everyone else in the league and their fans are clueless". Our neighbor is one of the more "traditional" Cowboy fans. So she says.."I think <insert neighbor's name>is not a real Cowboy fan b/c he never watches the games..but he talks the loudest". I could not believe these words were coming out of my daughter's mouth! But they were! I was almost in tears. TEARS of joy. My baby girl is a REDSKINS fan afterall! She even asked questions about the games and such today so she could understand what was going on. And my Mom who I also didn't think followed football or the Skins had a part of the the Skins earrings that she once owned(who knew?..i didn't)made into a little necklace and hung it around a little ceramic bear on her entertainment center. My love for this team has finally rubbed off on the other females in my family!!! YIPPEE! I'm so happy! Thanks for listening/reading. I know yall will understand!:applause: :cheers:

Another fine example of great parenting having a lasting effect. :) Great story! I love sentimental stuff like that, especially when it involves the Skins.

(BTW, is your daughter single? And if so, does she like approaching-middle age, divorced, fat guys with two kids and lots of baggage? If so, I'll PM you my phone number.) ;) :laugh:

Another fine example of great parenting having a lasting effect. :) Great story! I love sentimental stuff like that, especially when it involves the Skins.

(BTW, is your daughter single? And if so, does she like approaching-middle age, divorced, fat guys with two kids and lots of baggage? If so, I'll PM you my phone number.) ;) :laugh:

h_h..you're so funny! She is single and you can't be any worse than the dufus she's currently seeing:D (didn't mean that as an insult to you btw. the insult is purely for him...grrrrr..I don't like him). She does like kids tho but doesn't have any of her own...(thank God)

I've always thought that the Extremeskins needed a matchmaking service :laugh: And every thread seems to confirm it.

Cool story. It's great when everyone can come together. I converted my Mom about two years ago. She used to argue that she did not understand and didn't get football at all. Now, she screams at the tv almost as loudly as I do.

thats awesome about your daughter. im trying to convert my nieces. their dad is an eagles fan, actually grew up in phily. the 9 year old is apparently a lost cause for it. but the 22 month twins....already bought them each redskins onesies.

can i have ur daughters hand?

and let the dating game begin...

hmmm...maybe i should get in on this thing too. :D

My daughter is 21y/o.

Useless w/o pics....

Anyways, does this mean I'm 3rd in line? I'm a good boyfriend... References available upon request...

She is single and you can't be any worse than the dufus she's currently seeing:D

Also, can I get clarification?

nope it means youre fourth in line. there was honorary_hog, then 909997, then me. so you are fourth.

:laugh:

Oh hell no, you ain't jumpin in front of me... You said "Maybe I should get in line", with that logic, if you said, "maybe I should go and spend the night for an Xbox 360" when they were first released, you were entitled to one...

Back of the line jackass...

:D

Oh hell no, you ain't jumpin in front of me... You said "Maybe I should get in line", with that logic, if you said, "maybe I should go and spend the night for an Xbox 360" when they were first released, you were entitled to one...

Back of the line jackass...

:D

oh hell no back at ya...a 'maybe i should get in line' by itself, you have a logical argument. a 'maybe i should get in line :D' means im in the line. its all about the faces. :cool:

so enjoy the back of the line, bro. although...you do have skinsorlando behind you. so theres some consolation in that.

Archived