Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stopping TO and the offense...

thebootydr

This is how you stop em. Double cover TO all over the field. Rolling zone on Crayton and Whitten. TO will get frustrated and start crying like the b**ch he is and cause a disruption. Sure the other recievers are good but if TO don't get the ball there will be trouble. Cause you know he is open on every play.. he thinks.

They will then try to force him the ball but we still have him doubled. He really starts whining and cursing. Gets a technical.. oh sorry wrong sport. Hopefully he gets an unsportsmanlike call or something. He is pissed the ball is not coming his way, and we got em right where we want um. Out of sync.

This is how you stop em. Double cover TO all over the field. Rolling zone on Crayton and Whitten. TO will get frustrated and start crying like the b**ch he is and cause a disruption. Sure the other recievers are good but if TO don't get the ball there will be trouble. Cause you know he is open on every play.. he thinks.

They will then try to force him the ball but we still have him doubled. He really starts whining and cursing. Gets a technical.. oh sorry wrong sport. Hopefully he gets an unsportsmanlike call or something. He is pissed the ball is not coming his way, and we got em right where we want um. Out of sync.

Unfortunately, this year TO has changed his tactics somewhat. He hasen't had big numbers in all of the games. And in those games he claims he is enjoying being the decoy. He dosen't complain any more and the only end zone celebration as of late was in Philly. He says he just couldn't help that one. When asked in interviews about being the "new TO" he just says he is trying to stay focused and not be a distraction. It's kind of scary. I think I like the old TO.

I believe the Rams tried that. Didn't turn out too good for them.

Unfortunately, this year TO has changed his tactics somewhat. He hasen't had big numbers in all of the games. And in those games he claims he is enjoying being the decoy. He dosen't complain any more and the only end zone celebration as of late was in Philly. He says he just couldn't help that one. When asked in interviews about being the "new TO" he just says he is trying to stay focused and not be a distraction. It's kind of scary. I think I like the old TO.

Despite what he says if he doesn't catch a ball for 2 quarters you know he's stewing. He is still the same guy. I say if we shut him out TO will come back to us.

It's been mentioned before on this site, but unfortunately I can't remember who to credit it to, but someone said that if you want to stop the Dallas offense, you need to stop Witten. He is the key, and it seems like Romo sits to pee wants to go to him on every single play. If we can get a little bit of pressure and blanket Witten, I believe we can slow down their offense.

It's been mentioned before on this site, but unfortunately I can't remember who to credit it to, but someone said that if you want to stop the Dallas offense, you need to stop Witten. He is the key, and it seems like Romo sits to pee wants to go to him on every single play. If we can get a little bit of pressure and blanket Witten, I believe we can slow down their offense.

That's what the last two teams we've played tried to do. The Eagles were only moderately successful and the Giants were very successful at taking Witten away. However, TO ate both of them for lunch. There might be a way to slow them both down, but I haven't seen anyone do it yet and it's not for lack of trying.

GW is a pretty good DC though and he might figure something out. We'll see.

Teams have been trying to double TO all year with very little success. You are more likely to succeed by keeping everything underneath and keeping Romo sits to pee inside the pocket (ala New England). But I do have to say that in the last 2-3 games, teams have played duplicating the Pats game plan and Romo sits to pee is just becoming a more dangerous passer in the pocket.

The Redskins best defense is running the footbal and keeping Romo sits to pee off the field.

TO in his career has had some of his worst games statistically against the Redskins. The bigger concern would be Romo sits to pee exploiting the middle of our defense with Witten and hitting some deep plays to Crayton if we have too much focus on TO. Skins defense will need to be disciplined and keep the pressure on Romo sits to pee and the rest of them.

TO in his career has had some of his worst games statistically against Sean Taylor.

Fixed. TO doesn't like playing against a big, solid, physical safety like Taylor. Not many DBs in this league can straight out-athlete TO, and Taylor is one of them. With Taylor out, it's quite possible that TO has a field day against our smallish and less physical DBs.

Hopefully Landry can blanket Witten all day and we can roll coverage onto TO. Landry's gonna have to have a huge day with Taylor out. Before he went down, I actually liked our chances against dallas. Now I don't like them at all.

Springs is a great corner, he'll contain TO. Smoot is solid as well, he can contain Crayton. But Witten will be trouble, unless Marcus is on him.

This is laughable. Nobody can stop T.O. He is bigger, better, and faster than Springs.....and the Skins have very little pass rush. This is laughable.

The FACT of the matter is that to stop Dallas, you must stop Romo sits to pee. The Dallas offense is no different than Indy's or New England. Peyton Manning had 6 int's last week and they lost. Brady has not had a bad day so far.

When you stop Romo sits to pee you stop Dallas....PERIOD.

The FACT of the matter is that to stop Dallas, you must stop Romo sits to pee. The Dallas offense is no different than Indy's or New England. Peyton Manning had 6 int's last week and they lost. Brady has not had a bad day so far.

Yeah? How? Hope he has a bad day? We cant get a pass rush from our front four...if we blitz, he'll kill us like he did philly and the jints. He'll have all day to pick us apart. This does NOT look good at all. We need to get the running game going and keep him off the field, that's the ONLY way we remotely stop him. And I dont think we'll be able to do that. Sorry, not pessimistic, just the way I see it. Anything can happen, of course, but it's a great offense with alot of weapons. If we get behind by more than 7, it's over.

I feel like this game is like buying a lottery ticket, it's only gonna be exciting before the numbers fall.

p.s. Kill Snyder

Yup. Romo sits to pee is what makes it all go. If you can slow him down or give him looks he hasn't seen before, which is very possible considering he's still a decently new starter in this league, you have a shot.

The Giants tried something completely new last week against Romo sits to pee and it didn't work that well, but it was new and slowed us down for a little while. They attempted to clog the middle of the field and taken Witten out of the game, kept Romo sits to pee in the pocket as best they could, and made him throw outside the numbers. Our offense got rolling again once we realized that's what they were doing, but before that? It was working pretty well.

Opposing fans and the media have been saying this all year. "Just wait till the boys can't get him the ball; he will have a meltdown and become a distraction". Well this HAS happened, sort of. TO has gone through a stretch of games with minimal impact and has not had this supposed meltdown.

Face it folks... TO is a more mature and controlled player this year, someone who is comfortable in his role from game to game.

Time to find new material bootydr. ;)

Unless Romo sits to pee does the stopping himself. The buffalo game comes to mind...

Yeah? How? Hope he has a bad day? We cant get a pass rush from our front four...if we blitz, he'll kill us like he did philly and the jints. He'll have all day to pick us apart. This does NOT look good at all. We need to get the running game going and keep him off the field, that's the ONLY way we remotely stop him. And I dont think we'll be able to do that. Sorry, not pessimistic, just the way I see it. Anything can happen, of course, but it's a great offense with alot of weapons. If we get behind by more than 7, it's over.

I feel like this game is like buying a lottery ticket, it's only gonna be exciting before the numbers fall.

p.s. Kill Snyder

I did not say the Redskins could get to Romo sits to pee, stop their offense, or beat the Cowboys. I have already predicted that the Cowboys will kill us 42-13.

However, with that said, the topic was how to stop the Cowboys...not COULD WE? There is only 1 ball to go around, and that ball is handled FIRST by Romo sits to pee...therefore NOBODY gets the ball unless Romo sits to pee gets it to them. That is why I said you must stop Romo sits to pee.

Honestly if Mark Brunell was to start for the Cowboys tomorrow, who among us whould be afraid of T.O. Hell...T.O. would be lucky to catch one of those balls thrown behind him, in front of him, at his feet, or over his head.

It all starts with the QB and not a wide receiver who is 20 yards downfield and totally dependent upon the QB being upright and accurate.

First of all, Romo sits to pee does not care who catches his passes, he just throws to anyone that's open. Take away TO and/or Witten, he'll kill you with Crayton, Hurd, Fasano, Curtis, Barber or Jones........ Also, Romo sits to pee's just fine with "dinking and dunking" his way to 300 yards and a 9-1 record.

Some suggest the Skins go heavy on the run while on offense, in order to keep the Dallas offense off the field..... This wont work either! Dallas' strength on defense is stopping the run. Besides, Dallas' offense can strike too quickly, for this to have that much effect.

How can the Skins stop Dallas then?

:obvious: Captain obvious says, "You gotta win the turnover battle"!

Even if the Skins can win the turnover battle 4-0, that still doesn't guarantee anything. Romo sits to pee turned it over 6 times in Buffalo, and the offense still managed 25 points. But that's you're only hope........

Only 9 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Kill Snyder

We are what we are - a physical ball control offense and a D that takes away the big play and limits yards after catch/contact.

Only way we win this game is if we play really well on O with no mistakes and control time of possesion. On D we without Taylor we almost have to stay in that cover 2 shell and challenge Romo sits to pee to stay paitent. It will not stop them but it will mean they don't score quickly.

Key is to limit the number of possesions. If we can keep it close anything can happen late in the 4th. If its a track meet we are screwed.

Archived