Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should be more pumped up for this game!!

Gibbs56

Guys and Gals-

This is the biggest game of the season. I'm surprised to see this board and to see how everyone is seemingly indifferent or lacking enthusiasm. This will be one hell of a game. We are going to be more physical than Dallas will be. Inside sources have told me that they WILL bring the blitz to Romo sits to pee and they will count on Landry to cover a lot of field. They will plan a lot of man to man. Also, they are planning on running the no huddle offense quite frequently. They believe they can gain big yards in the passing game with Cooley in the flat on play action. More information from the POP's is Gibbs is going no where. Actually, Snyder is trying to convince him to stick around longer than his contract.

"As long as I own this football team and long after I'm gone, they will always be the Washington Redskins."

Jack K. Cooke

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I think that people are starting to wise up and not get over-confident in this team. Getting all pumped up will lead to frustration and misery come Monday IF we lose. Is there a chance we could pull off the upset? Of course. But, 99% of all the stupid threads that pop up on this board are posted by people who get themselves overwound in confidence.

You have A LOT of knowledge my man...I'm curious who your sources are!

Slightly off topic, but I would be a little more enthusiastic about the direction of this team if I knew Gibbs was staying longer. What has me feeling like the next 23 games are a "lame duck" situation is that I think Gibbs is leaving after next year and we won't be a contender in that time. If I knew he'd be here for 5 more years, then I could maybe get my hopes up again...HA!

Guys and Gals-

This is the biggest game of the season. I'm surprised to see this board and to see how everyone is seemingly indifferent or lacking enthusiasm. This will be one hell of a game. We are going to be more physical than Dallas will be. Inside sources have told me that they WILL bring the blitz to Romo sits to pee and they will count on Landry to cover a lot of field. They will plan a lot of man to man. Also, they are planning on running the no huddle offense quite frequently. They believe they can gain big yards in the passing game with Cooley in the flat on play action. More information from the POP's is Gibbs is going no where. Actually, Snyder is trying to convince him to stick around longer than his contract.

"As long as I own this football team and long after I'm gone, they will always be the Washington Redskins."

Jack K. Cooke

Uh...............what u talkin' about? Don't see you in Blondie's thread, or for that matter - anywhere else. So if you are a Dallas puke go elsewhere- only fans of class are allowed to POST on this Board.

Not a good start dude - bashin' the fans RIGHT OFF..........:doh: - Prove u aren't a puke fan................

I dont see where he is bashing the skins fans and dont think he is a pukes fan either. I hope what he says is right...Thats the only way we have a chance to win this game...

:cheers: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :cheers: :cheers: HTTR:cheers:

Uh...............what u talkin' about? Don't see you in Blondie's thread' date=' or for that matter - anywhere else. So if you are a Dallas puke go elsewhere- only fans of class are allowed to POST on this Board.

Not a good start dude - bashin' the fans RIGHT OFF..........:doh: - Prove u aren't a puke fan................[/quote']

yeah we should be. I still have a hangover from last sundays loss. Everyone here in the office in the same funk about the team. But, to throw out an upside to this game...

1) Dallas doesn't have a lot of film on Mccardell and Caldwell. None on Ferris to watch

2) The just have a few drives worth of Campbell using the no huddle to study

3) Who knows what we will do at safety with ST out

4) I didn't wear my lucky/unlucky shirt to work today

5) I can see Dallas coming in and saying "Same old Redskins" and finding themselves behind fast...

I'm not bashing anyone. I've been a skins fan for as long as I've been around. I met Joe Theisman right after his career ended after LT's blow. I was going to a YMCA event downtown D.C. with my Dad. Joe was speaking there and then took me out to his Limo and gave me one of those white Redskins football's that the players sign. It was one of the greatest moments of my childhood. Pretty damn cool. JCT

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Yeah, they couldnt beat the crap Eagles at home when they needed to but they are gonna smack around a really talented and healthy Dallas team that has only one loss.

Sell me something else, bro.

I love them and hope they win but have lost confidence in Joe & the 3250 assistant coaches. If any of your inside info is incorrect, I hope its the Snyder keeping Gibbs around.

The ONLY reason to have hope for this game is because of the rivalry's history. No matter how much better one team is than the other, wierd **** tends to happen when these two teams get together. The records and talent fly out the window and don't matter.

Aside from that we're facing a better prepared, more talented, better coached, healthier team who's defense is ranked slightly better than ours and who's offense is on the complete opposite side of the rankings chart from ours. On paper and based on play of both teams to this poit, we don't have a prayer. Thank God it's skins boys so that doesn't really matter (I hope).

The reason I'm not hyped over this is two fold. One, I don't live a die with Dallass week like I used to. Two, they have the upper hand being at home, being 8-1 and basically playing better football then us.

Going back to reason 1. I just don't look at the rivalry like I used to. We've lost 15 of the last 19 to them. Not much of a rivalry as a route. I keep hearing that "anything can happen" or "throw out their records." Well, you know what. Anything usually does happen, at least to them. They always pull victories out of their ass. The Pukes have stabbed me in the heart too many times in the last 30 years.

Also, the series was 40-33-2 about 10 years ago in favor of Dallass. Thanks to thier 15 of 19, it's now 55-37-2. Like I said, the rivalry isn't what it used to be. Dallass and Redskins fans could give each other a hard time back then, but now as you can see with all the threads popping up, the taunting we are getting from Cowpuke fans is malicious, and we haven't even played the game yet. Back in the day, we'd at least let the play do the talking.

So, nothing to really get up about. And as New Cliche said, I've already chalked this up as a loss.

Guys and Gals-

Jack K. Cooke

What do your inside sources say about a second half collapse, poor clock management, estrogen-based play calling, insurmountable injuries, coaches with egos seemingly larger than the team, and a coach who seems to forget that the object of an NFL offense is to progress down the field unlike running circles in Nascar?

Hard to be confident in a team that choked away those games to the Eagles and Giants.

How can you be excited when you're just waiting for them to blow the game, even if they have the lead.......

weird things happen when we play Dallas.....just look at 14-13 or when we were beating Dallas and Stephen Davis fumbled the ball, so there is a chance we go down there and get some crazy play and win at the end.

But it's really hard to get pumped about this game it smells like a NE type loss :( :mad: .....actually I'm more pumped for Giants/Lions at 1PM.

Archived