Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love Fred Smoot

eljeasel

i think smoot has played some decent football. as many of you have pointed out, its not always the CBs job to just flat-out cover a WR one on one down the field. in our scheme, that's often not the case. what we need from our CBs is discipline in coverage and sound tackling. we need CBs to know when to pass a man off to a different zone and we need CBs that can come up and keep a 2 yard pass as a 2 yard gain.

i think that, in springs and smoot, we have 2 excellent tacklers on the outsides.

what pisses me off about smoot, though, is the dancing after a tackle for a 4 yard gain. fred - yeah you made teh tackle, but the defense still gave up a 4 yard completion. stop ****ing dancing.

tgijef

Damn I hate all the Philly fans on this site, in the media they talk about how the Eagles fans hate the players week in and week out, call for players to get benched, fired, released, assasinated, whatever.....I guess they have never been to DC, there are so many loser fans on this site and I say that with the greatest shame

Damn I hate all the Philly fans on this site, in the media they talk about how the Eagles fans hate the players week in and week out, call for players to get benched, fired, released, assasinated, whatever.....I guess they have never been to DC, there are so many loser fans on this site and I say that with the greatest shame

It baffles me. I hate seeing the Redskins nation reduced to sniping, sensationalism, extreme impatience, grass is greener on the other side type fans. Have the years of mediocrity poisoned us?

Im constantly amazed at the speed which people give up. 2-1, season was over. 5-3, season was over again. It was 5 to stay alive in 05 and we did it. This is the NFC East and these are the Washington Redskins and ANYTHING can happen.

All of these "lets face it" style posts really confuse me. I thought talk of moves were for the offseason. I thought during the season it was about being the best you can be and trying to improve week to week.

Who knows though, I always thought the reason why there are so many Eagles, Giants, Cowboys fans is cause we were losing when they were winning and the lesser fans jumped on the division rival's bandwagons. But hey, Im just a puzzled fan, what do I know.

Fred's been awesome when healthy and still pretty good when we put him out there hurting. He even had one of his classic moments recently, I beleive during the Jets game, where a receiver dropped an easy catch because he was looking over his shoulder worrying about where Smoot was. (no doubt Smoot was in his head with all his talk) Then Smoot came up and patted him on the back. :laugh: That produced the longest "SMOOOOOOOT!" from me all year. He's still searching for that pick but in the mean time he has been one of our best tacklers on the short routes our defense tends to leave open. That is crucial.

I only own two jerseys, one is a Portis I got back in '05, the other is a new #27 Smoot. I do not understand how anyone around here can possibly not love the guy.

CM916 and TGI Jef, couldn't have said it better. I think for the defensive schemes that we run, you can't find better CBs than Smoot and Springs. Two of the better open field tacklers on short routes. How many times do you see teams throw quick screens and get more than 4 yards off of us? And now that we finally have a quick strong safety in my boy #30 that can smell a play and pursue a guy, I'm pretty confident in that trio we have.

Archived