Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sunny side... (Merged)

SWFLSkins

Well, after another heartbreaker that we should have won let's consider some of the good things, and please if you can't name one find one of the other two thousand six hundred and forty seven negative thread out there.

My biggest postive so far this season is Jason Campbell, even yesterday and in the other defeats, he appears to be getting better and has a will of sorts to play through team errors or errors of his own.

The other big plus is this and stop throwing eggs, but losing before going to play in Dallas may, yes MAY help this team re-group and show some anger playing what is now a must win for the '07 season.

So can anyone else name some positives?

Its a huge "IF" and I dont expect it to happen but since im a fan I have to atleast say it.

IF we were to beat Dallas we are right back in the thick of the playoff race. A win next week would flip team, fan morale upside down completely. I dont think we will wing but stranger things have happened. If we can go to 6-4 w/the last 6 games down the stretch not being that scary (outside of the @ NYG game) I would like our chances at making a playoff push.

J.Campbell did look good out there throwing the ball (for the most part) and looked sharp running the no huddle. I think running the no huddle was the best thing the coaches have done of late.

Im pissed but trying to be optimistic right now. HTTR!

I'm critical of Campbell often, but I have to admit that he played excellent, and I loved the no-huddle, 4wr shotgun stuff in the 2nd half. Other positives...hmm...I'd say that Portis looks like a consistent threat again, offensive line is looking pretty decent. Wish there was more off the top of my head, but...time to put another tough one behind us, IT'S DALLAS WEEK PEOPLE! HTTR

Top 10 Draft choice baby!

I wouldn't get so excited. We're just good/bad enough to be a 7-9/8-8 team, so no top-ten choice for us.

Other words, we're one of those teams that is just good enough for the Coaches to see no real need for improvement, unfortunately.

Some have pointed out Jason letting the ball loose at the end of the game. HIs only gaff in a very complete game for a young QB, and I think I saw McNugget lose one yesterday.

Jason was given a great deal of freedom yesterday, and it showed in how the team moved up and down the field. If they didn't put a leash on him at the goal line twice yesterday, we would have easily won this game.

The injuries on the D are starting to kill us, but even with the D not holding as well as normal, Jason could have won that game if not tied up when we needed a QB to do what he had been doing all day. Leading the team.

Hate to sort of change the subject, but did anyone see good replays on tv of the 4th qtr when Todd Yoder got down to the goal line? I thought for absolute certain he got in, we ended up on the good end of a defensive holding call, and got 3 more shots, but if that was called a TD we could have declined it and things would have been different. So my question is to those not in the stadium, was he in?

How about...

• We got our first WR touchdowns of the year
  • Portis in another 30+ carries and 100+yds game
  • Campbell (barring the 4th Qtr collapse) looked good, particularly in the no huddle offence
  • We have set up Dullass for their 'trap' game next week by masquerading as a team they will roll over!...
  • We are still only one game behing the Giants so all is not lost (yet)

:wewantd: (?!:doh: )

Hate to sort of change the subject, but did anyone see good replays on tv of the 4th qtr when Todd Yoder got down to the goal line? I thought for absolute certain he got in, we ended up on the good end of a defensive holding call, and got 3 more shots, but if that was called a TD we could have declined it and things would have been different. So my question is to those not in the stadium, was he in?

Yoder didnt get in. He was short. We didnt have any TO left to challenge so it would have been 4th & Goal from the half yard line.

In hindsight we should have just done a qb keeper on 4th down.

This team spins its wheels at 1st and goal from the 5 more than any team ive ever watched. Watching goaline formations over and over again FAIL is just frustrating. Run out of 4 wide every now and then...maybe a QB draw....it cant end up any worse than the way its gone.

I like this thread, we need to look at some of the positives. People need to realize that this year is a building block for the future, like it or not we are not going to the Super Bowl this year. We may be able to slide into the playoffs, but I am not sure. Campbell is a young QB who has showed a lot of promise so far, but this is his first full season as a starter, people seem to forget that. We do not need to blow this team up, they need to see this thing through. That being said I do think it might be time for Gibbs to take a back seat and move into the front office and hand this offense over to Al Saunders and Jason Campbell. It would be a serious step back to bring in a new OC at this point. Hopefully Joe Bugel will stay on as the O-line coach and then let Saunders be the coordinator and Gregg Williams the head coach, keep Portis and either draft on sign a big WR in free agency, maybe at some depth at O-line. On Defense we will either need to draft or find a free agent corner.

I repeat we don't need to make any drastic changes with this team, this year is a stepping stone to better things, and it has to be looked on as that!!

I still believe.

Call me a fool and your going to be part of the majority.

Everyone from Larry on redskinstv.com, to some of the VERY respected mods on this web site has turned on Coach Gibbs. Mistakes: Joe’s made a few and some have been repeat offenses. I’ll let the rest of you continue “The what’s wrong with Coach” postings. I even admit that the toughest part of our schedule is yet to come we may wind up7-9 but I have faith and here is why.

Here is the stuff I see that makes me believe.

The spread no huddle (Gibbs is the one allowing this)

A defensive line that almost to person this board said was going to be our downfall this season

Randy Thomas is coming back (like the Calvary I hope he arrives just in time.)

The NFC Dallas and Green Bay Are Good but the rest of the NFC is just as fickle as the Redskins are.

Portis is running with a purpose. Even behind a patchwork line.

WE still control our own destiny a big win or two and we are playoff bound.

I'll put my faith in Joe for one more run.

I repeat we don't need to make any drastic changes with this team, this year is a stepping stone to better things, and it has to be looked on as that!!

Thanks, Scuppa, and I agree we probably were not heading to the SB just yet anyway. I think your statement holds merit, now is not the time to go changing everything again. Gibbs could go upstairs and keep the rest of the coaching in order, with Saunders having full say over the O, Williams taking the helm or possibly Russ Grimm, leaving Williams where he is. Yes a number one wideout is in order and so is a DL or End.

Easy for you to say. I would love to see this team make a wildcard. However, I lost all faith in Joe Gibbs. It's the same crap every year and some people are just getting sick of it. We hear the same press conference no matter if we win or lost. "We fought our guts out" "Everyone is super smart on this team" "We are all in this together". We have 1 week of an explosive offense and the next 3 games we will be dead on offense because back to conservative. It's repeated itself for the last 3 years. Im just getting sick of the same crap repeating itself year after year.

I still believe.

Call me a fool and your going to be part of the majority.

Everyone from Larry on redskinstv.com, to some of the VERY respected mods on this web site has turned on Coach Gibbs. Mistakes: Joe’s made a few and some have been repeat offenses. I’ll let the rest of you continue “The what’s wrong with Coach” postings. I even admit that the toughest part of our schedule is yet to come we may wind up7-9 but I have faith and here is why.

Here is the stuff I see that makes me believe.

The spread no huddle (Gibbs is the one allowing this)

A defensive line that almost to person this board said was going to be our downfall this season

Randy Thomas is coming back (like the Calvary I hope he arrives just in time.)

The NFC Dallas and Green Bay Are Good but the rest of the NFC is just as fickle as the Redskins are.

Portis is running with a purpose. Even behind a patchwork line.

WE still control our own destiny a big win or two and we are playoff bound.

I'll put my faith in Joe for one more run.

Joe Gibbs needs to make us believers. I cant put my faith into a scared coach. Now if he were to grow a pair and start believing in his players, then I will become a believer. When 4th and inches doesnt seem like 4th and 10. Or when we get 7 shots at the end zone and we actually make a balls to the wall effort to score a TD. Only then will we make a run. Until then we will be the same old team that gets beat in the 4th quarter because we settle for 3.

I was lierally 30 feet from him in the goal line and it looked like he was in but I would imagine a sideline angle would be needed.

Easy for you to say. I would love to see this team make a wildcard. However, I lost all faith in Joe Gibbs. It's the same crap every year and some people are just getting sick of it. We hear the same press conference no matter if we win or lost. "We fought our guts out" "Everyone is super smart on this team" "We are all in this together". We have 1 week of an explosive offense and the next 3 games we will be dead on offense because back to conservative. It's repeated itself for the last 3 years. Im just getting sick of the same crap repeating itself year after year.

Please tell me the last time the Redskins were in the playoff hunt within a 2 season window?

I found all the threads to be therapeutic. We are like this big family. We can argue and fuss and call each other names, but in the end we all share a common love of the Redskins(God help Us!) It probably isn't as bad as I perceived it yesterday, but it was good to see I wasn't the only one ready to explode. Hang in there everyone, thats what makes Redskins fans different. Remember the 24 hour rule! Beat the Cowboys!

Archived