Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs evidence or speculation?

robotfire

Everybody on this board is saying that Joe Gibbs calls all of the bad plays, and that Saunders calls all of the good ones. Is there any evidence to support this? I have never seen it in writing anywhere that Joe Gibbs does the red zone playcalling. Is it all speculation, or is there actual evidence?

Everybody on this board is saying that Joe Gibbs calls all of the bad plays, and that Saunders calls all of the good ones. Is there any evidence to support this? I have never seen it in writing anywhere that Joe Gibbs does the red zone playcalling. Is it all speculation, or is there actual evidence?

I was wonderint the same thing; where are the links (proof) with all the speculation of who calls plays when?

It's all speculation. Whenever it's a pass play, people assume Saunders called it. Whenever we run, it's Gibbs being too conservative. None of them know, despite posting opinion to make it look like fact. Of course, most of the people doing this don't have many facts in any of their other posts either.

Anyhoo, we're still in the hunt for the wildcard, and our remaining schedule is much more favorable than the Giants and Lions. Hopefully we can develop the "backs against the wall" mentality now from '05 and actually close out our opponent when given the opportunity. The only ones to blame for yesterday are the refs for handing the Eagles 2 scoring drives, Suisham for missing a PAT, and the injury-depleted O-line for once again collapsing at the goalline. (If ST didn't go out, we won that game, so I'm not too worried, still optimistic).

It is plain as day when you have 3TE in the game (one being Lorenzo Alexander) it is a Gibbs designed play. I do not think Saunders has a play in his 700 page playbook that involves 3TE (one being Lorenzo Alexander). This is one of those plays that Gibbs/Burns/Bugle force on Al to call because that trio deemed it one of their strongest plays inside the 20. It was a great play in 1991 when you had a RB like Gerald Riggs and an offesnive line that will always get a push on the D-line, well its 2007 and that wont work all the time.

I dont mind the formation or the play but running it 5 times inside the 3 yard line is just dumb.

You are correct.

It is plain as day when you have 3TE in the game (one being Lorenzo Alexander) it is a Gibbs designed play. I do not think Saunders has a play in his 700 page playbook that involves 3TE (one being Lorenzo Alexander). This is one of those plays that Gibbs/Burns/Bugle force on Al to call because that trio deemed it one of their strongest plays inside the 20. It was a great play in 1991 when you had a RB like Gerald Riggs and an offesnive line that will always get a push on the D-line, well its 2007 and that wont work all the time.

I dont mind the formation or the play but running it 5 times inside the 3 yard line is just dumb.

Exactly.

Its hard to really pinpoint who at what time is calling the plays, but it would seem that Al Saunder wouldnt have called 7 running plays, when infact we were throwing touchdowns before the fact.

If anybody has watched Gibbs coached teams of the past and Al Saunders coached teams of the present, then you would see with your own eyes instead of ignoring the facts.

Archived