Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ladell Betts...

Skins&Terps07

Ladell Betts shouldn't have gotten a single carry yesterday. Ride the horse that got you there is my philosophy. In games where Betts has it going and Portis doesn't, I think you ride Betts the whole game.

yesterday, and last week, CP has had it going and going well. I'd rather keep CP in when he's winded and give the ball to Sellers. That does two things. 1) Gives CP a breather since the play is ahead of him and 2) Makes the defense have to account for the fullback.

There's a reason Betts is not the starter. Guy should have kept that ball wrapped up and let his shoulder hit the turf.

The fumble has nothing to do with Betts not being the starter. Portis fumbled late in the game a while ago and it had the same impact (Skins lost). Stuff happens. Betts is a better runner when he has many carries during the game. He gets better as the game goes on. He has said as much in post game interviews. Many starters are like that. Unfortunately, now that Portis is healthy there are few opportunities for him. Betts has a different skill set than Portis: he's better at catching the ball out of the backfield; he's a one cut downhill runner while Portis has the speed to go around the end and is capable of being shifty. Betts is a perfect RB for a West Coast offense. Anyone who thinks he's a scrub ought to ask themselves why so many teams were interested in trading for him.

While Betts is older than Portis he doesn't have as many miles on him so the Skins can count on him for a few more years. On the other hand Skins may need to rework Portis' contact or cut him loose at the end of the season. Lest we forget the Skins already invested TWO mid round draft picks on a RB for the future. Too bad Duckett didn't pan out. Unfortunately, Skins have too many needs to use any more draft picks on a RB of the future just yet, e.g., WR, OL, DL, and CB come easily to mind.

The reason know one is talking about it is, because it wasn't Portis. It seems like everytime Portis does something wrong people jump all over him.Everyone wants Betts in there, but when Betts does bad.Everyone in here doesn't say a damn thing.My point is Portis is ten times better than Betts and I better not see another stupid Betts should play over Portis thread.

Um.... Portis DID fumble the ball away at very bad times this year. An argument can be made that he gave at least one game away. Those are the facts. Let's not pretend like Portis is perfect. and BTW, I can argue that people make too much of every Betts mistake as well.

I agree. On 1st and goal it looked as if Portis was going to score but all of a sudden, he got stood up. I wish we scored there. it would have all but sealed the deal. We would have had a 9 point lead instead of 5 with less than 10 mins to go. Damn you Gibbs. Stop being so scared.

Scared? Or, maybe he is showing faith in the running game. :doh:

I like Betts better as a fulltime RB. Power runners need touches to be effective. The hits and everything else they see, works better over the course of a game. Betts is not very good coming in for quick relief.

W/ CP lighting up defenses, Betts won't get the touches.

I'd rather see another RB in relief and Betts signed to another team to give him a chance to start. That won't happen now.

However, I'm happy CP is playing like the $25 million player we signed.

I like Betts better as a fulltime RB. Power runners need touches to be effective. The hits and everything else they see, works better over the course of a game. Betts is not very good coming in for quick relief.

W/ CP lighting up defenses, Betts won't get the touches.

I'd rather see another RB in relief and Betts signed to another team to give him a chance to start. That won't happen now.

However, I'm happy CP is playing like the $25 million player we signed.

Your board name is the only Redzone offense associated with the Redskins. :doh:

The reason know one is talking about it is, because it wasn't Portis. It seems like everytime Portis does something wrong people jump all over him.Everyone wants Betts in there, but when Betts does bad.Everyone in here doesn't say a damn thing.My point is Portis is ten times better than Betts and I better not see another stupid Betts should play over Portis thread.

Exactly! Portis has proved these last two weeks what an ELITE back is. If I'm not mistaken he had the most yards for a running back yesterday.

Saying it looked like he had a hole to score the TD but didn't explode through it and nearly fumbled is not bashing. It is what it is. If he runs that play 10 times he scores 9 times because he is that good.

their were no holes for Portis on the goal line... every single time he got the ball... an Iglet hit him in the backfield

Sadly, it doesn't even matter. This team is in shambles and unless we get a new coach / new philosphy from Gibbs and co, we are going to be an average team. And now that ST is gone, it's going to be a VERY long couple weeks. By the time he gets back, the season may be over.... and Ladell will still be fumbling.

Archived