Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Prove Today Their Battle Is Not For First Place But.....

bulldog

All of you folks saying there is no chance at the playoffs are just being irrational. Making the playoffs is about RELATIVE performance. Yes the Skins sucked again at the end today. But if the Skins get the right nine wins (wins vs Bucs, Bears, Vikings, and preferably one against the Giants or in any of 2 games against the Cowboys (who will be resting their starters in the last game of the season at FedEx)) looks like it will sneak the Skins in.

I don't think anyone saying they're a lock, but they're still in position to make the playoffs by realistically beating some other mediocre teams.

I agree the Skins aren't playing great ball, but they might not need to to make the playoffs this year.

like the later Norv teams, the Gibbs II clubs seem to hover at or near .500 but there doesn't seem to be any synergy for this team to get over the hump and become a true contender.

That's the worst part of it. Everyone talks about how much this team has improved over the Spurrier years, but the truth is that the Skins are no better than what they were in the Norv era. The loss today was so reminiscent of games we suffered through under Turner.

in attempting to fend off the Eagles to stay out of the cellar.

today's game against the Eagles who lost 38-17 at home last week to Dallas was a key victory to put in the hopper given that the Giants are now losing to the Cowboys at home.

instead of tying the Giants at 6-3 the Redskins are going to remain in 3rd place, only one game ahead of the Eagles.

this team cannot seem to get offense, defense and special teams to come to play a full 60 minutes in any game.

and as long as that is the reality any thoughts of moving to the top of the heap or even close to it are remote.

to me looking at this team right now, finishing 9-7 would be a major achievement over the balance of games left on the schedule.

a good start would be to try and figure another strategy for converting drives inside the 10 yard line. with the injuries this team has up front there is NO way the Redskins are going to be able to bull their way into the end zone on consecutive runs against teams better than the Jets.

and for all the Mike Sellers love that is out there, he is NOT the person you want with the ball in his hand trying to jump OVER a pile and pick up a key first down from in close.

For all the talk by the Eagles' postgame announcers about a Philly chance to get back into the race, the fact is the Eagles have gotten drilled by the Cowboys and Packers, who right now are the class of the NFC, and are no better week to week than the Redskins.

The redzone stuff is the ultimate frustration. When were aggressive and passed the ball in the red zone, we got 3 TD's. When Gibbs played like a scared chicken and ran in the red zone, it was FG's. I mean, what more does Gibbs need to see in these situations to know that the right move is to put the ball in Campbell's hands??? WHAT?? WHAT?? ................Infuriating!

3 given away wins tells me this Skins team is destined to miss the playoffs once again.

Portis is healthy, JC was unleashed, and the O-Line looked good. We still lost.

It's sad to say people, because I LOVE our Skins with everything inside, but this is just pathetic.

And it was great to see the handcuffs finally come off the offense! I was so psyched during the first 3 quarters!

Then that god damn draw rears it's ugly head at the worst possible time. Gibbs might as well walk up to the booth and literally put handcuffs and a gag on Al Saunders.

Archived