Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dust voids PS3 Warrenty

PokerPacker

That'll teach him not to store his PS3 on top of his Hibachi.

Seriously, wtf is it sitting on?

Back to the issue - I think its possible that both the owner and Sony are in the wrong here. Sony should've replaced/repaired it and the owner should've taken better care of it.

Now, its just a very public pissing match.

sorry i have to say no.. i agree w/ Sony here that they shouldn't repair it because its a health hazard for the technician..

think about it, the way that person has taken care of his system there is no telling what other crap is in that accumulated dirt/dust... there could be insects in there having a party and as soon as they open it up.. bam, them buggers will be all over the place and then Sony's service center would have to call the Orkin man..

Sony requested that he pays $150 not to repair the existing system, but to actually "replace" the whole dag on system for him..

on a more serious note though... its a dag on shame what that ps3 had to go through... rest in peace my friend :violin:

:D

Were those pictures faked by Sony, or did the guy really let his PS3 get that dusty? If that's really his PS3, then why the heck didn't he clean it off before shipping it out? What a fool. I was totally on his side, too.

If I were a console manufacturer, there's no way I'd replace that for free. I don't care how much he whines on the internet.

Uh oh...looks like the dude complaining might be a PAID ACTOR .

http://www.playthree.net/2007/11/anti-playstation-3-dirty-tricks-exposed.html

A PR scandal erupted earlier last week when all American Kid Reid Godshaw complained that Sony were refusing to fix his PlayStation 3 as it was too dusty! However Godshaw has now been exposed as a paid actor, and the big question is who paid him to attack Sony?

Last week, pictures of Godshaw's dirty console revealed that this was more than a superficial layer of dust, the PS3 looked liked it had been resting under a demolition site. Some xenophobic elements of the American press picked up the story and ran with it as an example of poor Japanese customer service to American consumers. Fox News, Rupert Murdoch's notoriously right-wing news channel featured the story. In it they interviewed a dour faced Godshaw who complained about Sony whilst in the Fox studios a preppie gaming 'expert' also slammed their customer service. On BBC News and other channels in the UK, any story has to have balance by speaking to both parties. This story didn't although the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen did display 'The Xbox 360 Console had Overheating Problems' and 'Microsoft set aside $1.5B to replace Xbox 360 Parts.'

End of the story? NO. It only turns out that Reid Godshaw happens to be a professional bit-part actor, who has appeared on Fox News before! Now it is possible this chap can be a paid actor who ALSO happens to have the world's dirtiest console but these coincidences suggest Godshaw was either faking his malady to jump-start his career, or paid as part of the much cited Microsoft dirty tricks campaign against the PlayStation 3. Nobody has been able to get Godshaw to comment on being exposed as an actor. However the whole story has echoes of Lonely Girl 15 who shot to fame with her YouTube video diary, only to be revealed as a paid actress for a PR firm.

Archived