Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which decision was worse: Archuleta or Lloyd

HitStickTaylor21

Two bombs, one decision. Who do you think?

My vote goes for Lloyd, but a case can be made for each.

Lloyd: Acquired for a 3rd AND 4th round pick. Signed to a large extension that has not seen any returns. Still hasn't caught a TD pass in a regular season game for us. Does not have any real value attracting other teams to acquire him and so he remains on the team eating up salary cap space, roster space, and is probably a detriment to the team in the locker room.

Archuleta: Acquired as a FA. Signed to the richest contract a safety has ever signed in the history of the NFL. The wrong fit for this defensive scheme, he was reduced to a special teams role after just a handful of games. The fact that he didn't pan out here forced us into drafting LaRon Landry. Don't get me wrong, I love the pick and am incredibly happy he is here, but if Archuleta was what we hoped he would be, we'd probably have a defensive linemen in development here or could have traded back and picked up more draft picks.

However, after his one year here, he restructured his contract and was traded to the Bears. We received a 6th round pick for him and his salary cap hit will be off our roster after this year.

Both are busts here, but at least we got something for Archuleta and his huge cap number won't be around for long. Lloyd seems to have long term effects. He's not seeing the field, will probably be cut and will be on the salary cap for several years. Your thoughts?

Brandon Lloyd

Archived