Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys: Owens rips Eagles on way to Philly

reggie_brown86

Cowboys: Owens rips Eagles on way to Philly

Web Posted: 11/02/2007 09:51 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn

Express-News staff writer

Terrell Owens came out firing Friday and didn't stop until he ensured he would receive another rude reception in Philadelphia.

Two days after saying his feud with Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was a thing of the past, the Dallas Cowboys receiver took repeated shots on his weekly radio show at McNabb and his former team.

"It's so evident that ever since I left nothing's been going right there," said Owens, ignoring the fact Philadelphia won the NFC East title last season. "I'm not saying I'm the sole reason, but when I was there we were very successful. Now it seems like everything's snowballing."

Owens played two seasons for the Eagles, helping them reach the Super Bowl in 2004. But Philadelphia cut him after the 2005 season, a campaign in which he tore apart the team's locker room with his contract demands and continual sniping at McNabb.

The Eagles stumbled out of the gate this season and will take a 3-4 record into Sunday's game with the 6-1 Cowboys. Despite his team's struggles, McNabb said recently the road to the division crown still goes through Philadelphia, even though a loss to Dallas would give the Eagles an 0-3 mark within the division.

"That's wishful thinking," Owens said on 790 The Ticket in Miami. "He has to be the only one thinking that way. The road to the Super Bowl has to come through Dallas, Texas. We'll have to see how things come out, but it doesn't seem like things are faring too well up there in Philly."

In addition to their poor play, the Eagles are also dealing with coach Andy Reid's messy personal life. On Friday, Reid said he planned to coach the team for the long term despite being chastised by a judge who likened the coach's home to a "drug emporium."

Reid's two sons received jail sentences Thursday for offenses that included a road-rage incident that involved flashing a gun at a fellow driver.

"I can't say I feel sorry for them," Owens said of the Eagles. "Obviously, with coach Reid's situation, I wish him well. Hopefully, he can get his kids and his family situation back in order. But other than that, I'm happy to be in the situation I'm in."

Eagles fans burned Owens' jersey in the parking lot at Lincoln Financial Field before the team's game with Dallas last season. The Eagles swept the Cowboys last season.

Notebook: Cornerback Anthony Henry (ankle) will be a game-time decision. ... Long-time Cowboys team chaplain John Weber died Friday after suffering a heart attack.

torsborn@express-news.net

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/stories/MYSA110307.CowboysTO.en.2e776cf.html

The Cowboys had better not take Philly lightly, it could just come up and bite them bad.

I suspect McNabb is really chomping at the bit to beat a TO team.

I doubt we're taking them lightly. They've absolutely destroyed us the last few years and especially in Philly. Even that game that we pulled out down there with the Roy Williams interception, they dominated us that game, but we somehow still won.

Only game we've looked good in against them was a couple years back at Texas Stadium. They've definitely got our number in Philly.

He loves him some him.

I'm probably fooling myself, but he does seem to genuinely like his wideout coach, head coach, and especially Romo sits to pee. I mean, I remember all the "love" thrown around towards McNabb when he first got to Philly, but it seems a little different this time. He's always the first guy cheering Romo sits to pee up when something doesn't go his way and they're always hanging out and just recently took a trip to Vegas together. Who knows.

Like I said though, history says I'm wrong. I just hope I'm right.

I doubt we're taking them lightly. They've absolutely destroyed us the last few years and especially in Philly. Even that game that we pulled out down there with the Roy Williams interception, they dominated us that game, but we somehow still won.

Only game we've looked good in against them was a couple years back at Texas Stadium. They've definitely got our number in Philly.

I agree completely-if anything, I hope they come out PLAYING ANGRY-that loss on TX Stadium on xmas, frankly, has still left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm sure it has done the same to the players as well.:2cents:

I'm probably fooling myself, but he does seem to genuinely like his wideout coach, head coach, and especially Romo sits to pee. I mean, I remember all the "love" thrown around towards McNabb when he first got to Philly, but it seems a little different this time. He's always the first guy cheering Romo sits to pee up when something doesn't go his way and they're always hanging out and just recently took a trip to Vegas together. Who knows.

Like I said though, history says I'm wrong. I just hope I'm right.

You are right while things are good. That may not change this season. If things go bad for 2 weeks in a row though, it's on. Owens is only as happy and loyal as his last 2 games.

TO is a idiot. How about talking trash AFTER you beat the team, not before it? DUH! Plus, he's talking about how things weren't going right since he left...hmmm, how about last year TO? Sure, winning the NFC East title is a sign of things not going right.

Archived