Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Seriously Rebuild This Team

krazibones

Seriously, do people think before they post? Snyder bought the team in May 1999. Do the math. How credible are your posts if you don't even know how long Snyder's owned the team?

The constant rebuilding and trunover on this team has been its single biggest problem during the Snyder era. Rebuild? The season isn't even half over, and you want to rebuild? The same fans who cry continually about this franchise's performance over the last 15 years are same people who cry out for more of the same. Rebuilding over and over and over again is what has landed this franchise where it is. Fans what the front office to be patient and build a winner, but they can't do the same.

Rebuild?? That would imply that we actually "built" to begin with. The entire problem with this team under Snyder is that we have never taken the time to build anything. Snyder has no patience for a long term strategy that might yield dividends. Every offseason we plug holes and then new holes open up. It's the worst possible thing we can do. We're as incompetent as we are because we refuse to build, so in all honesty, I would be in favor of rebuilding, but I know we wouldn't be able to do it the right way.

bottom line ... WE SUCK, WE NEED TO REBUILD

You're absolutely correct. This team needs a complete and total rebuild from the ground up.

They need to clean house on the management side. I'm talking everybody from Team President Joe Gibbs right down through the medical staff and the guys who collect the towels in the lockerroom after the game. NOBODY should be retained.

They need to hire a REAL General Manager and turn the team over to him. Allow him to bring in a completely new coaching staff with an AGGRESSIVE philosophy on both sides of the ball. I'm talking an aggressive, kick-ass philosophy type of Offensive Coordinator with a Buddy Ryan type of Defensive Coordinator. Especially Coordinators who aren't into coddling players and who expect RESULTS.

Then we need to start re-building this entire team. The only players with ANY level of job security should be the linebackers, Derrick Frost, and Laron Landry. Other than that, every single player on this roster should be playing like their career depends on each play, because I believe it should.

bottom line ... WE SUCK, WE NEED TO REBUILD

You're absolutely correct. This team needs a complete and total rebuild from the ground up.

They need to clean house on the management side. I'm talking everybody from Team President Joe Gibbs right down through the medical staff and the guys who collect the towels in the lockerroom after the game. NOBODY should be retained.

They need to hire a REAL General Manager and turn the team over to him. Allow him to bring in a completely new coaching staff with an AGGRESSIVE philosophy on both sides of the ball. I'm talking an aggressive, kick-ass philosophy type of Offensive Coordinator with a Buddy Ryan type of Defensive Coordinator. Especially Coordinators who aren't into coddling players and who expect RESULTS.

Then we need to start re-building this entire team. The only players with ANY level of job security should be the linebackers, Derrick Frost, and Laron Landry. Other than that, every single player on this roster should be playing like their career depends on each play, because I believe it should.

The key to building a successful NFL team is to find an elite "young" QB and build around him ... starting with skill positions and an offense line ... then you build up your defense. Its really very simple. If the Skins think JC is the answer thats one thing ... if not ... you have to start looking at the many really good college QB prospects available in this year's Draft. A short list: Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Dixon, Ainge, Harrell, Colt45, Booty and Keller. Are any of these better prospects than Campbell? Food for thought.

The key to building a successful NFL team is to find an elite "young" QB and build around him ... starting with skill positions and an offense line ... then you build up your defense. Its really very simple. If the Skins think JC is the answer thats one thing ... if not ... you have to start looking at the many really good college QB prospects available in this year's Draft. A short list: Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Dixon, Ainge, Harrell, Colt45, Booty and Keller. Are any of these better prospects than Campbell? Food for thought.

You need to realize that Snyder will never, ever, ever hire a GM.

You need to realize that Snyder will never, ever, ever hire a GM.

Rebuild?? That would imply that we actually "built" to begin with. The entire problem with this team under Snyder is that we have never taken the time to build anything. Snyder has no patience for a long term strategy that might yield dividends. Every offseason we plug holes and then new holes open up. It's the worst possible thing we can do. We're as incompetent as we are because we refuse to build, so in all honesty, I would be in favor of rebuilding, but I know we wouldn't be able to do it the right way.

To qualify: it might be more accurate to say we refuse to build from the foundation up, instead we're always adding a new top story with great views and expensive details, while the ground level continues to crumble. Instead of being 10 stories tall, the build founders at about 6-8 stories with new cracks emerging all the time.

EDIT: I need to work on my analogies. Sheesh! :)

To qualify: it might be more accurate to say we refuse to build from the foundation up, instead we're always adding a new top story with great views and expensive details, while the ground level continues to crumble. Instead of being 10 stories tall, the build founders at about 6-8 stories with new cracks emerging all the time.

EDIT: I need to work on my analogies. Sheesh! :)

To qualify: it might be more accurate to say we refuse to build from the foundation up, instead we're always adding a new top story with great views and expensive details, while the ground level continues to crumble. Instead of being 10 stories tall, the build founders at about 6-10 stories.

How do you build successfully upon a franchise where the foundation is Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato? Answer: you don't.

To qualify: it might be more accurate to say we refuse to build from the foundation up, instead we're always adding a new top story with great views and expensive details, while the ground level continues to crumble. Instead of being 10 stories tall, the build founders at about 6-10 stories.

How do you build successfully upon a franchise where the foundation is Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato? Answer: you don't.

I say get Cowher in next year and let him run the show!

Cowher is a Gibbs clone.

Power running game and relies on a good D to win. That's how they won the SB. However, we have no power running game, an incompetent O and a D that can't do it all as a result of the O struggling so much.

Urban Meyer FTW.

I say get Cowher in next year and let him run the show!

Cowher is a Gibbs clone.

Power running game and relies on a good D to win. That's how they won the SB. However, we have no power running game, an incompetent O and a D that can't do it all as a result of the O struggling so much.

Urban Meyer FTW.

I think people need to relax, we're 4-3. We have several key injuries. The biggest problem we have is a result of foolish squandering of picks -- and therefore the lack of depth. But even that has been curtailed this past off-season. They have full slate of picks in the next draft. Things are better here now then they were 4 yrs ago!

We're NOT the Dolphins! Relax, breathe in, breathe out. It was a horrific loss, but it was just that, A -- as in one -- horrific loss.

Pretty much everyone is playing for 2nd place this year anyway...

I think people need to relax, we're 4-3. We have several key injuries. The biggest problem we have is a result of foolish squandering of picks -- and therefore the lack of depth. But even that has been curtailed this past off-season. They have full slate of picks in the next draft. Things are better here now then they were 4 yrs ago!

We're NOT the Dolphins! Relax, breathe in, breathe out. It was a horrific loss, but it was just that, A -- as in one -- horrific loss.

Pretty much everyone is playing for 2nd place this year anyway...

this team is right back to where we were in 2004 with a solid defense and an offense that can't produce any points. so we struggle to win games against bad teams and get blown off the field against good teams due to turnovers and other offensive miscues.

in four years in his first tour in DC, Gibbs had already been to 2 Super Bowls and won 3 straight division titles.

let's face it. this is a young man's game.

coaches that enjoyed early success in the NFL, most often FAILED in their second go-arounds.

Jimmy Johnson didn't do anything in Miami. Mike Ditka bombed in New Orleans. Bill Parcells failed to win a playoff game in Dallas. George Seifert failed miserably in Carolina after leaving San Francisco.

That's the history.

This club needs new blood and a new attitude.

Instead of calling us the 'greatest underdog in sports history' I would have preferred our head coach tell the media that we were going to come to play and be physical and if the Pats win the game, they win the game.

But in no way would I show any fear at playing the game.

this team is right back to where we were in 2004 with a solid defense and an offense that can't produce any points. so we struggle to win games against bad teams and get blown off the field against good teams due to turnovers and other offensive miscues.

in four years in his first tour in DC, Gibbs had already been to 2 Super Bowls and won 3 straight division titles.

let's face it. this is a young man's game.

coaches that enjoyed early success in the NFL, most often FAILED in their second go-arounds.

Jimmy Johnson didn't do anything in Miami. Mike Ditka bombed in New Orleans. Bill Parcells failed to win a playoff game in Dallas. George Seifert failed miserably in Carolina after leaving San Francisco.

That's the history.

This club needs new blood and a new attitude.

Instead of calling us the 'greatest underdog in sports history' I would have preferred our head coach tell the media that we were going to come to play and be physical and if the Pats win the game, they win the game.

But in no way would I show any fear at playing the game.

Archived