Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Learning from the Patriots

UltimateSkinFan616

Okay, I honestly thought we had a chance. I really did. But WOW, was I wrong. The New England Patriots are on a whole other level compared to us. I actually watched the whole game in awe. This team is really out of this world. I thought nobody would come close to the 2004 Colts, but it looks like the Patriots are going to set the bar pretty high. So I wouldn't take a loss from them too hard. All points considered, we probably played the future Superbowl Champions.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Patriots are for real. They do everything we can't. They have no weaknesses and they execute everything we run. The Redskins are still struggling to get the basics right like opening holes for the run game, holding onto the ball under pressure, and catching balls when they're thrown our way. We have a LONG way to go, but at least we know what to shoot for now. The Patriots are doing everything we hoped we could do coming into the season. Now we have to work harder if we're to stay in the playoff hunt. But I believe we can do it.

If nothing else, this will be a learning experience. When you lose this bad, it can help to motivate. Let's hope the Redskins are able to make some adjustments as we play a much more managable team in the New York Jets. And look on the bright side. At least it wasn't a shutout. :helmet:

Okay, I honestly thought we had a chance. I really did. But WOW, was I wrong. The New England Patriots are on a whole other level compared to us. I actually watched the whole game in awe. This team is really out of this world. I thought nobody would come close to the 2004 Colts, but it looks like the Patriots are going to set the bar pretty high. So I wouldn't take a loss from them too hard. All points considered, we probably played the future Superbowl Champions.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Patriots are for real. They do everything we can't. They have no weaknesses and they execute everything we run. The Redskins are still struggling to get the basics right like opening holes for the run game, holding onto the ball under pressure, and catching balls when they're thrown our way. We have a LONG way to go, but at least we know what to shoot for now. The Patriots are doing everything we hoped we could do coming into the season. Now we have to work harder if we're to stay in the playoff hunt. But I believe we can do it.

If nothing else, this will be a learning experience. When you lose this bad, it can help to motivate. Let's hope the Redskins are able to make some adjustments as we play a much more managable team in the New York Jets. And look on the bright side. At least it wasn't a shutout. :helmet:

Sorry, but I'll stick to my original plan of we should of drafted a pass rusher. Any QB, I repeat, any NFL QB, can look like a HOF'er when you stand there without breaking a sweat and throwing to whomever you feel like. There's nothing to learn from this game other than everyone tried to say I told you so. Throw the tape away and move on to the next game.

Sorry, but I'll stick to my original plan of we should of drafted a pass rusher. Any QB, I repeat, any NFL QB, can look like a HOF'er when you stand there without breaking a sweat and throwing to whomever you feel like. There's nothing to learn from this game other than everyone tried to say I told you so. Throw the tape away and move on to the next game.

Yes, because we lost today simply because our Defensive Line sucks, not that their offensive line is very good. Give credit where credit is due- their line rocks, ours is injured. Their line dominated our Dline, its not like Carter and Co. simply blew today.

You sound like ESPN.

Yes, because we lost today simply because our Defensive Line sucks, not that their offensive line is very good. Give credit where credit is due- their line rocks, ours is injured. Their line dominated our Dline, its not like Carter and Co. simply blew today.

You sound like ESPN.

I think there is a lot we can learn from that organization. And if I were Snyder, I'd be doing everything I can to figure that organization out. I would spare no expense in studying everything that owner has done since the day he bought the team.

Let's start with this:

a.) Stop looking backwards trying to recreate our own glory days from 20 years ago. Those days are over and nothing but fond memories at this point (as GIBBS HIMSELF HAS SAID.)

b.) Start looking forward trying to figure out how over the next 4-5 years we could build the next NE Patriots.

Instead of trying in vain to resurrect Gibbs I, let's look for Bellicheck II.

I think there is a lot we can learn from that organization. And if I were Snyder, I'd be doing everything I can to figure that organization out. I would spare no expense in studying everything that owner has done since the day he bought the team.

Let's start with this:

a.) Stop looking backwards trying to recreate our own glory days from 20 years ago. Those days are over and nothing but fond memories at this point (as GIBBS HIMSELF HAS SAID.)

b.) Start looking forward trying to figure out how over the next 4-5 years we could build the next NE Patriots.

Instead of trying in vain to resurrect Gibbs I, let's look for Bellicheck II.

Snyder is not stupid. He will not make the same mistake twice. He will figure out what is wrong and will get the right guy. I relly believed Gibbs was it. But after this year. Lets face it we scould be winless. I don't believe he has a clue. We couldn't get off 3 plays on the goal line against the giants. We have basically neutered Al Saunders. Maybe we just didn't run enough today. Yea, thats it, if we could have just dedicated ourselves to the running game we could have pulled it out. Are we having emough fun yet?

Snyder is not stupid. He will not make the same mistake twice. He will figure out what is wrong and will get the right guy. I relly believed Gibbs was it. But after this year. Lets face it we scould be winless. I don't believe he has a clue. We couldn't get off 3 plays on the goal line against the giants. We have basically neutered Al Saunders. Maybe we just didn't run enough today. Yea, thats it, if we could have just dedicated ourselves to the running game we could have pulled it out. Are we having emough fun yet?

Yeah, the one thing that makes me feel better in the long run is that Snyder, of all the people at Redskins Park, is actually smart. And he knows that eventually the memories of the 80s will fade enough that the value of the franchise will be affected. And he's competitive enough that it's got to be eating him up to be a mediocre team owner year after year.

Yeah, the one thing that makes me feel better in the long run is that Snyder, of all the people at Redskins Park, is actually smart. And he knows that eventually the memories of the 80s will fade enough that the value of the franchise will be affected. And he's competitive enough that it's got to be eating him up to be a mediocre team owner year after year.

To UltimateSkinsFan616,

You do make a great point about the New England Patriots. They are very sharp and execute well on offense, defense, and special teams. The Patriots are very smart and a very well-oiled machine as a result of the personnel decisions their front office had made during the 2007 offseason.

If there is an NFL team that the Washington Redskins need to do plenty of "reverse engineering" on as far as structure, function, and operation are concerned, it would definitely be the New England Patriots. So far, they (the Patriots Front Office) have made great personnel moves in the offseason to help complement Tom Brady and put all the players in the right place like a jigsaw puzzle in order to help make a run for winning Super Bowl XLII.

To UltimateSkinsFan616,

You do make a great point about the New England Patriots. They are very sharp and execute well on offense, defense, and special teams. The Patriots are very smart and a very well-oiled machine as a result of the personnel decisions their front office had made during the 2007 offseason.

If there is an NFL team that the Washington Redskins need to do plenty of "reverse engineering" on as far as structure, function, and operation are concerned, it would definitely be the New England Patriots. So far, they (the Patriots Front Office) have made great personnel moves in the offseason to help complement Tom Brady and put all the players in the right place like a jigsaw puzzle in order to help make a run for winning Super Bowl XLII.

Snyder has a terrible eye for talent. He helped convince Bush to run for President and ruined my favorite football team. Basically he's brought shame to Washington DC in more ways then I thought possible simply by trusting his own judgement.

The best thing he can do is sell the team and leave town never to return again.

Snyder has a terrible eye for talent. He helped convince Bush to run for President and ruined my favorite football team. Basically he's brought shame to Washington DC in more ways then I thought possible simply by trusting his own judgement.

The best thing he can do is sell the team and leave town never to return again.

Archived