Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FEMA gives fake news for California fires

chomerics

Talk about trying to make something out of nothing...

It's one thing to pull something like this trying to give misinformation, but since everyone already knows the jist of what happened the excuse (while being stupid in itself) is understandable.

Sounds like FEMA was mad they didn't have anyone show up to their news conf...

Trying to deflect blame from the republicans on this seems kind of silly to me. This is a republican administration that has reduced FEMA from the effective force it was under the Clinton administration to a joke.

It's almost as if this administration were purposefully undermining the effectiveness of these government administrations to bolster the republican talking points that government is ineffective.

Trying to deflect blame from the republicans on this seems kind of silly to me. This is a republican administration that has reduced FEMA from the effective force it was under the Clinton administration to a joke.

It's almost as if this administration were purposefully undermining the effectiveness of these government administrations to bolster the republican talking points that government is ineffective.

Still, they have only proven that they can't run an effective government.

I’m a free market believer, but emergency management is one of those things that governments just do better.

FEMA worked when it was funded well, run by competent people with relevant experience, and not rolled up into a new "terrorism fighting" homeland security department.

I’m a free market believer, but emergency management is one of those things that governments just do better.

FEMA worked when it was funded well, run by competent people with relevant experience, and not rolled up into a new "terrorism fighting" homeland security department.

Actually, if you're looking to blame a President/Party, I'd say that a good part of the problem is that the Administration has made cronyism a trademark. Where loyalty to The Team is their #1 criteria, secrecy is #2, and where a history of publicly stating that (whatever agency you're being considered for) is Unconstitutional and should be eliminated from the government is a plus.

Actually, if you're looking to blame a President/Party, I'd say that a good part of the problem is that the Administration has made cronyism a trademark. Where loyalty to The Team is their #1 criteria, secrecy is #2, and where a history of publicly stating that (whatever agency you're being considered for) is Unconstitutional and should be eliminated from the government is a plus.

I think that falls under the "run by competent people with relevant experience" part of my post.

I think that falls under the "run by competent people with relevant experience" part of my post.

Geez. They couldn't even get Jeff Gannon-Guckert or Armstrong Williams to show up for the conference?

Originally Posted by Ignatius J.

Great point. The Republic party has proven the only thing they are good at is incompetence.

Geez. They couldn't even get Jeff Gannon-Guckert or Armstrong Williams to show up for the conference?

Originally Posted by Ignatius J.

Great point. The Republic party has proven the only thing they are good at is incompetence.

Looking at the guy who did the press conference bio he would seem both competent and experienced...apparently not :whoknows:

Looking at the guy who did the press conference bio he would seem both competent and experienced...apparently not :whoknows:

Archived