Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Steinberg Blog: Everybody Loafs (BLloyd content)

SkinsFanOH

How anybody can back a player with such a jaded history (both here AND in San Fran) against someone like Coach Gibbs is beyond me.

Not backing the player...I believe in Coach Gibbs just as much as the next person...in fact, if BL doesn't play again it's not going to hurt my feelings...I just want the skins to WIN!

If he can help then good, if not oh well...

Either way, HTTR!!! :point2sky

Its unfortuntate because I believe that B. Lloyd wants to contribute to this team. Its just that the times we've gone to him, we get nothing back but disappointment. It would be best for himself and the Redskins organization for him to just leave. He do better elsewhere and we will do better with a young draft pick. Great guy but his messed up the few opportunities that one gets in the NFL to prove their worth. I hope for his sake that he get more opportunities and makes the most of them but until then I can't blame the team for benching him.

Its unfortuntate because I believe that B. Lloyd wants to contribute to this team. Its just that the times we've gone to him, we get nothing back but disappointment. It would be best for himself and the Redskins organization for him to just leave. He do better elsewhere and we will do better with a young draft pick. Great guy but his messed up the few opportunities that one gets in the NFL to prove their worth. I hope for his sake that he get more opportunities and makes the most of them but until then I can't blame the team for benching him.

If this is true it is absolutely idiotic. We need all the talent we can on our offense. I understand Gibbs wants guys who hustle but benching the dude for an indefinite amount of time after 1 play? I mean I can understand if he was upset about it and let him know by not really playing him in the next game. But get over it. From everything I've read the players like him, they think he is talented, and want him to play. He obviously takes things seriously considering the amount of work he put in over the offseason to get stronger and bulk up some. So he messed up on one play and then when Moss is out Thrash is our z receiver and Lloyd STILL hardly sniffs the field. I'm guessing that this is all Gibbs and Saunders is silently pulling his hair out in frustration.

If he doesn't get playing time vs New England then I don't even know what to say. We need all the talent we have out there. ALL of it. Please play the guy. He isn't bashing anyone, he isn't bashing the coach for the decision, he doesn't seem to be a locker room poison at all (unless the players are all just lying and acting...I remember seeing him and Santana laughing and hugging after Carlos got that pick 6 vs the Lions).

If this is true it is absolutely idiotic. We need all the talent we can on our offense. I understand Gibbs wants guys who hustle but benching the dude for an indefinite amount of time after 1 play? I mean I can understand if he was upset about it and let him know by not really playing him in the next game. But get over it. From everything I've read the players like him, they think he is talented, and want him to play. He obviously takes things seriously considering the amount of work he put in over the offseason to get stronger and bulk up some. So he messed up on one play and then when Moss is out Thrash is our z receiver and Lloyd STILL hardly sniffs the field. I'm guessing that this is all Gibbs and Saunders is silently pulling his hair out in frustration.

If he doesn't get playing time vs New England then I don't even know what to say. We need all the talent we have out there. ALL of it. Please play the guy. He isn't bashing anyone, he isn't bashing the coach for the decision, he doesn't seem to be a locker room poison at all (unless the players are all just lying and acting...I remember seeing him and Santana laughing and hugging after Carlos got that pick 6 vs the Lions).

Let's face it, the most important thing on any team, even more important than talent, is chemistry. And Brandon Lloyd just messes it up.

They can say whatever they want, but I'm pretty sure everyone hates Brandon Lloyd. I'm sure the coaches hate him for whatever reason, I'm sure the fans hate him as evidenced by this forum, I'm sure Jason Campbell hates him for dropping so many big passes (first play of Tampa Bay, the pass in Indianapolis where Brandon Lloyd had no idea where the ball was) and throwing tantrums along with his helmet, and I'm sure Clinton Portis hates Lloyd because Portis was talking crap about him on radio at the end of last season.

You're gonna tell me that Clinton Portis is now suddenly buddy-buddy with Lloyd after that radio tirade?

Lloyd is talented, but he just doesn't fit in with this team. Maybe somewhere else, but not here.

Let's face it, the most important thing on any team, even more important than talent, is chemistry. And Brandon Lloyd just messes it up.

They can say whatever they want, but I'm pretty sure everyone hates Brandon Lloyd. I'm sure the coaches hate him for whatever reason, I'm sure the fans hate him as evidenced by this forum, I'm sure Jason Campbell hates him for dropping so many big passes (first play of Tampa Bay, the pass in Indianapolis where Brandon Lloyd had no idea where the ball was) and throwing tantrums along with his helmet, and I'm sure Clinton Portis hates Lloyd because Portis was talking crap about him on radio at the end of last season.

You're gonna tell me that Clinton Portis is now suddenly buddy-buddy with Lloyd after that radio tirade?

Lloyd is talented, but he just doesn't fit in with this team. Maybe somewhere else, but not here.

B.L. Should be in the dog house. I coach a number of sports and if one of my players gave up on a possible touchdown resulting in an interception and not chasing the DB, he's riding the bench, not to mention hearing it from me and other coaches. Practice like you play. Practice like a wuss, play like a wuss. If it's true B.L. sits out extra practice with the QB, let him ride the bench until he figures it out. I see guys like Cartwright and Wade who want to play injured to help the team.....and then I see B.L.

IMO no heart.

B.L. Should be in the dog house. I coach a number of sports and if one of my players gave up on a possible touchdown resulting in an interception and not chasing the DB, he's riding the bench, not to mention hearing it from me and other coaches. Practice like you play. Practice like a wuss, play like a wuss. If it's true B.L. sits out extra practice with the QB, let him ride the bench until he figures it out. I see guys like Cartwright and Wade who want to play injured to help the team.....and then I see B.L.

IMO no heart.

I could fully understand not playing BL if our recieving core were succeeding without him. However, that hasn't been the case. I say play the man and expect him to be rusty. Give him a chance. BL could quite possibly be the spark that this offense needs.

I could fully understand not playing BL if our recieving core were succeeding without him. However, that hasn't been the case. I say play the man and expect him to be rusty. Give him a chance. BL could quite possibly be the spark that this offense needs.

You know its sucks that he "loafed on that 1 play" but he ammited he was wrong and is working hard to come back. Heck the whole damn offensive coaching staff has loafed almost this whole season, Gibbs should bench himself after some of the decisions he's made this yr.

B Loyld messed up bad, and knows it. Might as well allow himself to try and get it right and overcome it but giving him a few more chances. I agree Gibbs had to come down on him but not Gibbs needs to at least give him another chance. The times I've seen Gibbs 2 screw up our clock managment since he's come back, it's almost makes me think how we ever won 3 SB's with him in his first stint.

Let the guy play we don't even have a TD from a WR after 6 games - Our O is such a joke right now its not even funny!

You know its sucks that he "loafed on that 1 play" but he ammited he was wrong and is working hard to come back. Heck the whole damn offensive coaching staff has loafed almost this whole season, Gibbs should bench himself after some of the decisions he's made this yr.

B Loyld messed up bad, and knows it. Might as well allow himself to try and get it right and overcome it but giving him a few more chances. I agree Gibbs had to come down on him but not Gibbs needs to at least give him another chance. The times I've seen Gibbs 2 screw up our clock managment since he's come back, it's almost makes me think how we ever won 3 SB's with him in his first stint.

Let the guy play we don't even have a TD from a WR after 6 games - Our O is such a joke right now its not even funny!

Archived