Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Coach Gibbs doubting his own team for this Sunday?

SKINZ33

We are big underdogs going into Sunday and very few expect us to win, but I get the feeling that even Gibbs doubts his team will perform well. I know that no one in the organization wants to give the Pats any bulletin material (even though the media is trying hard as hell to get us to bite), so maybe Gibbs is being coy with everyone, but from some of the things he has said, I wonder if he thinks we have a chance.

The only reason I came up with this is because of what he has been saying all this week:

"We are probably the biggest underdogs in sports history."

* "I don't think you're going to be betting a lot of money on us."

* The last quote was part of an answer in which JLC brought up the 35-0 run the Skins have against the Pats, to which Gibbs stated that the past has nothing to do with this Sunday. However, the above was his closing statment.

I know that Gibbs loves the organization and always believes that we can win, but I just thought maybe his confidence in THIS SUNDAY alone was a bit shaken.

Could he be trying to pull a reverse physcology move on his team to get them to perform above their limits?

I just don't know so thats why I posted, if I'm overreacting please help me come back down to earth.

Thoughts?

We are big underdogs going into Sunday and very few expect us to win, but I get the feeling that even Gibbs doubts his team will perform well. I know that no one in the organization wants to give the Pats any bulletin material (even though the media is trying hard as hell to get us to bite), so maybe Gibbs is being coy with everyone, but from some of the things he has said, I wonder if he thinks we have a chance.

The only reason I came up with this is because of what he has been saying all this week:

* The last quote was part of an answer in which JLC brought up the 35-0 run the Skins have against the Pats, to which Gibbs stated that the past has nothing to do with this Sunday. However, the above was his closing statment.

I know that Gibbs loves the organization and always believes that we can win, but I just thought maybe his confidence in THIS SUNDAY alone was a bit shaken.

Could he be trying to pull a reverse physcology move on his team to get them to perform above their limits?

I just don't know so thats why I posted, if I'm overreacting please help me come back down to earth.

Thoughts?

* The last quote was part of an answer in which JLC brought up the 0-35 run the Skins have against the Pats, to which Gibbs stated that the past has nothing to do with this Sunday. However, the above was his closing statment.

Thoughts?

You are overreacting. He could be playing the Little Sisters of the Poor and he would be talking about how great they are.

Behind closed doors is a completely different matter entirely.

* The last quote was part of an answer in which JLC brought up the 0-35 run the Skins have against the Pats, to which Gibbs stated that the past has nothing to do with this Sunday. However, the above was his closing statment.

Thoughts?

You are overreacting. He could be playing the Little Sisters of the Poor and he would be talking about how great they are.

Behind closed doors is a completely different matter entirely.

i think skinz33 has a point, i kinda get the same vibe when i hear him speak this week. there is a little somethin different in his tone, or at least there is to me. i see what the rest of you are sayin, because he always speaks very highly of the other team, like when we played san fran a couple years ago. but this week he talks about the pats as if they're unstopable or as if he has NO idea what to do against them.

i think skinz33 has a point, i kinda get the same vibe when i hear him speak this week. there is a little somethin different in his tone, or at least there is to me. i see what the rest of you are sayin, because he always speaks very highly of the other team, like when we played san fran a couple years ago. but this week he talks about the pats as if they're unstopable or as if he has NO idea what to do against them.

This is typical Gibbs he has been doing this for years. Yes, he has confidence in his team what do you expect him to say? Oh yeah we're going up there to kick the Patriots a**:doh: . Gibbs will not tip his hand nor will he give you bulletin board material that has always been his way and it will continue.

Do not think for a second this team isn't going to come out and play . I think they are getting sick and tired of hearing about how they do not have a chance they usually thrive in these type of games.

I'm glad the players not answering questions to me it show they are focus with the task at hand.

This is typical Gibbs he has been doing this for years. Yes, he has confidence in his team what do you expect him to say? Oh yeah we're going up there to kick the Patriots a**:doh: . Gibbs will not tip his hand nor will he give you bulletin board material that has always been his way and it will continue.

Do not think for a second this team isn't going to come out and play . I think they are getting sick and tired of hearing about how they do not have a chance they usually thrive in these type of games.

I'm glad the players not answering questions to me it show they are focus with the task at hand.

I don't see why so many people are making such a big deal about that comment. First off, if you watch the interview you'll see that Joe's demeanor was not one of despair. In-fact he seemed upbeat, more-so than usual. When the question was asked he jokingly said, "Yeah, how much money are you going to put on that.". And he was right to say such a thing. Just because they've never beaten the Redskins doesn't mean they can't. And to be honest, how many people are looking at that as a reason as to why the Redskins will win? What do you all expect him to say? "Oh yeah, they've never beaten, and they wont ever beat us! We shouldn't even play the game because if you look at the record we've already won.".

I don't see why so many people are making such a big deal about that comment. First off, if you watch the interview you'll see that Joe's demeanor was not one of despair. In-fact he seemed upbeat, more-so than usual. When the question was asked he jokingly said, "Yeah, how much money are you going to put on that.". And he was right to say such a thing. Just because they've never beaten the Redskins doesn't mean they can't. And to be honest, how many people are looking at that as a reason as to why the Redskins will win? What do you all expect him to say? "Oh yeah, they've never beaten, and they wont ever beat us! We shouldn't even play the game because if you look at the record we've already won.".

I agree, it is one thing to give respect and praise to a team, which Gibbs does with each week's opponent. It is another to have a tone that the game is pretty much unwinnable (a word?), unless a miracle happens

:helmet:

Archived