Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Coach Gibbs doubting his own team for this Sunday?

SKINZ33

This is Gibbs. I think he's telling his players that they have a chance but its going to take their best football. They've yet to play "all three phases" at a high level in one game. Even against Detroit they stumbled at times especially on offense. I think the offense has something to prove. I'm glad Gibbs is talking like this b/c I think this offense needs a kick in the shorts. It's all part of the team building process.

HTTR

This is Gibbs. I think he's telling his players that they have a chance but its going to take their best football. They've yet to play "all three phases" at a high level in one game. Even against Detroit they stumbled at times especially on offense. I think the offense has something to prove. I'm glad Gibbs is talking like this b/c I think this offense needs a kick in the shorts. It's all part of the team building process.

HTTR

We are big underdogs going into Sunday and very few expect us to win, but I get the feeling that even Gibbs doubts his team will perform well. I know that no one in the organization wants to give the Pats any bulletin material (even though the media is trying hard as hell to get us to bite), so maybe Gibbs is being coy with everyone, but from some of the things he has said, I wonder if he thinks we have a chance.

The only reason I came up with this is because of what he has been saying all this week:

"We are probably the biggest underdogs in sports history."

* "I don't think you're going to be betting a lot of money on us."

* The last quote was part of an answer in which JLC brought up the 0-35 run the Skins have against the Pats, to which Gibbs stated that the past has nothing to do with this Sunday. However, the above was his closing statment.

I know that Gibbs loves the organization and always believes that we can win, but I just thought maybe his confidence in THIS SUNDAY alone was a bit shaken.

Could he be trying to pull a reverse physcology move on his team to get them to perform above their limits?

I just don't know so thats why I posted, if I'm overreacting please help me come back down to earth.

Thoughts?

He has zero confidence each week.....the guy cant even watch a field goal.

We are big underdogs going into Sunday and very few expect us to win, but I get the feeling that even Gibbs doubts his team will perform well. I know that no one in the organization wants to give the Pats any bulletin material (even though the media is trying hard as hell to get us to bite), so maybe Gibbs is being coy with everyone, but from some of the things he has said, I wonder if he thinks we have a chance.

The only reason I came up with this is because of what he has been saying all this week:

"We are probably the biggest underdogs in sports history."

* "I don't think you're going to be betting a lot of money on us."

* The last quote was part of an answer in which JLC brought up the 0-35 run the Skins have against the Pats, to which Gibbs stated that the past has nothing to do with this Sunday. However, the above was his closing statment.

I know that Gibbs loves the organization and always believes that we can win, but I just thought maybe his confidence in THIS SUNDAY alone was a bit shaken.

Could he be trying to pull a reverse physcology move on his team to get them to perform above their limits?

I just don't know so thats why I posted, if I'm overreacting please help me come back down to earth.

Thoughts?

He has zero confidence each week.....the guy cant even watch a field goal.

whats new. another negative gibbs thread. go figure

and yes this is classic gibbs. some of you must have not seen some of his classic interviews.

you quote him yet you guys fail to mention his demeanor. he is very relaxed and looks very upbeat. not the signs of a man doubting anything.

than you see how the team is reacting they are confident, quiet, and focused.

but already 90 percent of the people in this thread said this but its ignored.

man our fans are the best

and yes this is classic gibbs. some of you must have not seen some of his classic interviews.

you quote him yet you guys fail to mention his demeanor. he is very relaxed and looks very upbeat. not the signs of a man doubting anything.

Whats new.

Someone taking my question posed way to seriously.

Whats new.

Someone taking my question posed way to seriously.

Gibbs knows were going to lose this game. We are facing the best team he's faced since returning to coaching and knows he's not up to the task before him. He wants to foget about this game and think about next week. He has thrown in the towel already and you'll see this first thing Sunday. Those who think this is "vintage" Gibbs are his cult followers and can't see what it is. Your leader gave up on the team this week and I gave up on Gibbs. Tit for Tat in my world

Gibbs knows were going to lose this game. We are facing the best team he's faced since returning to coaching and knows he's not up to the task before him. He wants to foget about this game and think about next week. He has thrown in the towel already and you'll see this first thing Sunday. Those who think this is "vintage" Gibbs are his cult followers and can't see what it is. Your leader gave up on the team this week and I gave up on Gibbs. Tit for Tat in my world

Funny, I saw Coach at Redskin Park the other day, and I asked him about the game...to me he said (and I quote),

"Due to the magnitude of this game, I shall make no comments this week.....but.... GET YOUR POPCORN READY, BEEATCH!!! I am the original gansta' genius coach, fooolz!"

He then started dancing around making gang signs, puffing his chest out, and getting in my face.

It was a little bizarre, to be honest.

Funny, I saw Coach at Redskin Park the other day, and I asked him about the game...to me he said (and I quote),

"Due to the magnitude of this game, I shall make no comments this week.....but.... GET YOUR POPCORN READY, BEEATCH!!! I am the original gansta' genius coach, fooolz!"

He then started dancing around making gang signs, puffing his chest out, and getting in my face.

I knew deep down inside Gibbs was straight gangsta!:laugh:

I knew deep down inside Gibbs was straight gangsta!:laugh:

Archived