Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Not another Katrina

SkinsHokieFan

Guest sith lord
Not sure but that sounds like a timing issues to me. Once your home is destroyed you would become a 'refugee'.

That would be wrong. I always thought a refugee was someone displaced from another country.

Guest sith lord
Not sure but that sounds like a timing issues to me. Once your home is destroyed you would become a 'refugee'.

That would be wrong. I always thought a refugee was someone displaced from another country.

According to MW a refugee is one who flees to another country, usually to avoid persecuation.

So the media got the term wrong (if they used it for NO), but I still fail to see how this is a media conspiracy if they call the So Cal residents evacuees. :whoknows:

According to MW a refugee is one who flees to another country, usually to avoid persecuation.

So the media got the term wrong (if they used it for NO), but I still fail to see how this is a media conspiracy if they call the So Cal residents evacuees. :whoknows:

Guest sith lord
So whats the difference and why is one worse than the other?

I believe a A refugee is someone that's fleeing or displaced from another country or land and evacuee is simply anyone who has to leave his/her home because of a disaster.

Guest sith lord
So whats the difference and why is one worse than the other?

I believe a A refugee is someone that's fleeing or displaced from another country or land and evacuee is simply anyone who has to leave his/her home because of a disaster.

:laugh:

Liberals think Bush secretly created Katrina. I love it. This is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives actually are willing to believe each person is responsible for their own life

Im so sick of this Liberals and Conservatives B.S

That type of statement is what is wrong with many americans, everyone is getting the wool pulled over their eyes and instead of uniting and fixing our country and reclaiming our government alot of people fall into the divide and conquer trap. So now we as americans have essentially become no better than the Bloods and Crips, while the politicians get paid and laugh while coming up with more psychological tactics to keep their power. Some times I just want to slap some people right upside the head and call them a dumb****. You do realize that they are all in the same gang(well not all but the majority) they dont sit and bicker and fight once the camera's are off. the have a drink, count the cash, have a few laughs and play chess for POWER the next day. :2cents:

:laugh:

Liberals think Bush secretly created Katrina. I love it. This is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives actually are willing to believe each person is responsible for their own life

Im so sick of this Liberals and Conservatives B.S

That type of statement is what is wrong with many americans, everyone is getting the wool pulled over their eyes and instead of uniting and fixing our country and reclaiming our government alot of people fall into the divide and conquer trap. So now we as americans have essentially become no better than the Bloods and Crips, while the politicians get paid and laugh while coming up with more psychological tactics to keep their power. Some times I just want to slap some people right upside the head and call them a dumb****. You do realize that they are all in the same gang(well not all but the majority) they dont sit and bicker and fight once the camera's are off. the have a drink, count the cash, have a few laughs and play chess for POWER the next day. :2cents:

It's an apples to porches comparison.

I am wondering why people havent started looting WalMarts in San Diego though. Isnt that the proper response to disasters?

They are already paid...meaning they have economic standing. If it happened in the trailer trash and ghetto areas Im sure there would be some civil disobediance.....say what you really want to say.

I am wondering why people havent started looting WalMarts in San Diego though. Isnt that the proper response to disasters?

They are already paid...meaning they have economic standing. If it happened in the trailer trash and ghetto areas Im sure there would be some civil disobediance.....say what you really want to say.

I'll break up the fight by saying this.

We all dropped the ball when it came to Katrina. Local, State, and Federal were all smucks.

Now can we all offer help, hope, and prayers to those in New Orleans and now in San Diego without turning this into a political thang.

I know 45 years old and still nieve.:rolleyes:

I'll break up the fight by saying this.

We all dropped the ball when it came to Katrina. Local, State, and Federal were all smucks.

Now can we all offer help, hope, and prayers to those in New Orleans and now in San Diego without turning this into a political thang.

I know 45 years old and still nieve.:rolleyes:

It is funny how people who are so far away who have never stepped foot here can sit back and judge what I know to be facts that I have seen with my own two eyes along with thousands of other people. Now you want to flame me because I said "they," what am I going to say, I or we? Get real and put your rose colored glasses down. Sure there are differences between the fires and hurricane but most has to do with population and some the local leaders. And you think I am referring only to black, no there is so much poor white trash on the gulf coast its not even funny. Anytime you have that and a natural disater its a recipe for disaster.

It is funny how people who are so far away who have never stepped foot here can sit back and judge what I know to be facts that I have seen with my own two eyes along with thousands of other people. Now you want to flame me because I said "they," what am I going to say, I or we? Get real and put your rose colored glasses down. Sure there are differences between the fires and hurricane but most has to do with population and some the local leaders. And you think I am referring only to black, no there is so much poor white trash on the gulf coast its not even funny. Anytime you have that and a natural disater its a recipe for disaster.

Perhaps it is because they have been given everything they need by the authorities? :whoknows:

Perhaps it is because they have been given everything they need by the authorities? :whoknows:

Yeah its always the goverments fault no personal responsibilty on anything. I find it funny that 3 days before Katrina the residents were having hurricane partys and laughing it up. Anyone with sense got out of the city and had plenty of warning. If a tornado comes through my neighborhood and destroys my home what will the federal goverment give me? Uh how about nothing. The goverment has gone out of their way to give trailers and supplys over two years later and still people want more. Luckily Louisiana elected Bobby Jindal for governor last weekend who will hopefully end the corruption in this state.

Yeah its always the goverments fault no personal responsibilty on anything. I find it funny that 3 days before Katrina the residents were having hurricane partys and laughing it up. Anyone with sense got out of the city and had plenty of warning. If a tornado comes through my neighborhood and destroys my home what will the federal goverment give me? Uh how about nothing. The goverment has gone out of their way to give trailers and supplys over two years later and still people want more. Luckily Louisiana elected Bobby Jindal for governor last weekend who will hopefully end the corruption in this state.

Archived