Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Gibbs the Only Guy to Have Two HC Tenures With the Same Team?

method man

I can't think of anyone else. Bill Walsh came to mind but that was with Stanford. Is there any NFL coach ever who has had two tenures with the same team?

....I believe both Halas and Paul Brown came back to the sidelines for a 2nd stint with their respective teams.

I can't think of anyone else. Bill Walsh came to mind but that was with Stanford. Is there any NFL coach ever who has had two tenures with the same team?

....I believe both Halas and Paul Brown came back to the sidelines for a 2nd stint with their respective teams.

Chuck Knox with the Rams. He coached them in the mid-70s and kept losing in the NFC championship game. When he came back in the 90s, he never got anywhere close to the playoffs.

No coach has been more successful the second time around than he was the first time...

Chuck Knox with the Rams. He coached them in the mid-70s and kept losing in the NFC championship game. When he came back in the 90s, he never got anywhere close to the playoffs.

No coach has been more successful the second time around than he was the first time...

One more for the list: Marion Campbell - coached the Falcons twice

1974-1976 - Falcons

1983-1985 - Eagles

1987-1989 - Falcons

Just looked that guy up. How the heck did ever get the second job? The best record he ever posted as a HC was 6-9-1. :doh:

One more for the list: Marion Campbell - coached the Falcons twice

1974-1976 - Falcons

1983-1985 - Eagles

1987-1989 - Falcons

Just looked that guy up. How the heck did ever get the second job? The best record he ever posted as a HC was 6-9-1. :doh:

Archived