Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Karma Thread: New England Style!

Teller

I like Boston because of the "NOMAR" obsessed fans on SNL...when it was still at least moderately funny

You spelled it wrong. It's "NOMAH!!!!!"

I like New England because the accents make me laugh.

6 states yet 20 different accents. For example:

- In Bahston, you pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd.

- In Rho Dyelin, the only state that starts with "R", you must drop the R at the end of a word (ie: car = cah, number = numba). And if the word ends with an "ah" sound, you must add an R sound (ie: soda = soder).

- And in Maine, ya can't get thair from hee-are.

I like New England because it houses Quahog.

Freakin' sweet!!! (quote Peter Griffin)

I like Boston because of the "NOMAR" obsessed fans on SNL...when it was still at least moderately funny

You spelled it wrong. It's "NOMAH!!!!!"

I like New England because the accents make me laugh.

6 states yet 20 different accents. For example:

- In Bahston, you pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd.

- In Rho Dyelin, the only state that starts with "R", you must drop the R at the end of a word (ie: car = cah, number = numba). And if the word ends with an "ah" sound, you must add an R sound (ie: soda = soder).

- And in Maine, ya can't get thair from hee-are.

I like New England because it houses Quahog.

Freakin' sweet!!! (quote Peter Griffin)

I don't like New England, I love it.

I love the down to earth, real people that I have experienced. No, I am not a native, just adopted the place. Everywhere else seems so boring. Just the right mixture. Not too much. And yes, I remember the first time I heard a Rhode Island accent. It was funny -- still is. But oh, get me in the Italian section of Providence and get OUT of my way. Pasta, pasta, pasta. Trust me, if you are in Providence, find Venda Ravioli. Oh my!!! Rated second best Italian market in the country.

I am stuck in Florida most of the year, but my heart will be in Rhode Island for as long as I live. When my body finally decides to exit this planet, my bones will rest in New England, uh, make that Rhode Island. Then I will be happy forever.

So, OK make fun. But most of New England is what I call REAL. So hard to find today. Oh, and real, and for the most part smart, and liberal. Good food, beautiful land. I'm not much one for Boston. Try out Providence if you want the right mixture -- not too big, not too small, but with everything.

Well, I guess I better be quiet. I'm sure you are ready to jump all over this, but I really feel this way. In my heart. As they say, different strokes for different folks.

Archived