Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is Saunders the problem?

earl

Obviously. Greg(g) lost a "G" today.

Oh come on.

2 of your top 3 corners aren't playing against the best offense in the league?

Have you ever seen #29 before? Yet that dude is on Randy Moss? You know you don't have a chance when some guy on your team that you've never seen before is matched up against Randy Moss in the endzone.

Also, with an offense that did exactly ziltch today, so the defense is on the field for the entire game, except maybe halftime, you're not going to have a good defensive performance. You're just not.

It's been well established that Saunder's calls the plays 90% of the time. Where did you get that he was calling the plays? Do people like to make things up?

The guy took us to the playoffs just a few years ago after not being there for a very long time. Lets focus on the problem, which is the basis of this thread.

I'm glad today's game wasn't close so people could see Saunder's unconstrained offense at work, or lack of work.

The OL does hamper the team, but that can be mitigated through adjustments.

Since you have your A on your shoulders, you don't deserve a response. But, it has been "well established" that Saunders couldn't communicate down to the field until the last minute of the first half. So, Gibbs WAS calling the plays. Going 5-6 and then winning 5 games straight with Portis isn't what I call a long-term winning solution. Gibbs IS on the game planing and decides which plays are going in the game plan. If you want to blame anybody on the offense, it's Gibbs!!!

And furthermore, this defense has big holes in it as was evident from today. All the Pats did was run the ball and throw short all game long.

It's been well established that Saunder's calls the plays 90% of the time. Where did you get that he was calling the plays? Do people like to make things up?

The guy took us to the playoffs just a few years ago after not being there for a very long time. Lets focus on the problem, which is the basis of this thread.

I'm glad today's game wasn't close so people could see Saunder's unconstrained offense at work, or lack of work.

The OL does hamper the team, but that can be mitigated through adjustments.

Since you have your A on your shoulders, you don't deserve a response. But, it has been "well established" that Saunders couldn't communicate down to the field until the last minute of the first half. So, Gibbs WAS calling the plays. Going 5-6 and then winning 5 games straight with Portis isn't what I call a long-term winning solution. Gibbs IS on the game planing and decides which plays are going in the game plan. If you want to blame anybody on the offense, it's Gibbs!!!

And furthermore, this defense has big holes in it as was evident from today. All the Pats did was run the ball and throw short all game long.

Oh come on.

Have you ever seen #29 before? Yet that dude is on Randy Moss? You know you don't have a chance when some guy on your team that you've never seen before is matched up against Randy Moss in the endzone.

Also, with an offense that did exactly ziltch today, so the defense is on the field for the entire game, except maybe halftime, you're not going to have a good defensive performance. You're just not.

Did you SEE the game?? Moss had like one catch. The defense lost because they rushed only 3 or 4 linemen all game long. And GW never adjusted to the Pats. The Pats ran the ball and threw short. But, GW still wanted to cover against the deep balls, when they only threw deep a couple of times.

Oh come on.

Did you SEE the game?? Moss had like one catch. The defense lost because they rushed only 3 or 4 linemen all game long. And GW never adjusted to the Pats. The Pats ran the ball and threw short. But, GW still wanted to cover against the deep balls, when they only threw deep a couple of times.

To be fair...Santana had 6 receptions, but how many of those were made on those same 2/3 step hitch patterns?

To be fair...Santana had 6 receptions, but how many of those were made on those same 2/3 step hitch patterns?

Quit trying to place blame.

Instead, be happy that we are 4-3 and are a solid football team.

Are we?!

Effin' complainers need to shut the F up.

And these threads have got to stop.

Hey, potty mouth:

(1) Buy a bar of Lava soap.

(2) Place bar in mouth.

(3) Work up a lather.

I am the world's biggest Redskins optimist. I have been for over 40 years. Having said that, this team in every aspect is awful! The beginning of this season was obviously a fluke! I will remain convinced of this until proven otherwise. A GOOD team would have found a way to at least not be completely humiliated like that. I love Joe Gibbs, but after seeing this team spanked in EVERY way possible, this team is CURRENTLY headed in the WRONG direction!

Quit trying to place blame.

Instead, be happy that we are 4-3 and are a solid football team.

Are we?!

Effin' complainers need to shut the F up.

And these threads have got to stop.

Hey, potty mouth:

(1) Buy a bar of Lava soap.

(2) Place bar in mouth.

(3) Work up a lather.

I am the world's biggest Redskins optimist. I have been for over 40 years. Having said that, this team in every aspect is awful! The beginning of this season was obviously a fluke! I will remain convinced of this until proven otherwise. A GOOD team would have found a way to at least not be completely humiliated like that. I love Joe Gibbs, but after seeing this team spanked in EVERY way possible, this team is CURRENTLY headed in the WRONG direction!

Well, the only way to beat the Pats is to contain them. Maroney, Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Brady... Too many weapons the shut down entirely.

I find it hard to say this, but I think the defense did well considering. Considering what you ask?

1. No offense. Zero. none. It was like they were playing the pats themselves.

2. Top 2 of 3 corners unavailable.

3. Playing the most prolific offense in football right now by a huge margin. Could be the best ever at this rate.

#3 was known. Not much you can do about it.

#2 out of your control.

#1 is my main focus. And the focus of this thread. Saunders needs to go. Bring in someone else, don't let Gibbs call the plays. Fine whatever. All I know is that Saunders coaching is not working here.

Well, the only way to beat the Pats is to contain them. Maroney, Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Brady... Too many weapons the shut down entirely.

I find it hard to say this, but I think the defense did well considering. Considering what you ask?

1. No offense. Zero. none. It was like they were playing the pats themselves.

2. Top 2 of 3 corners unavailable.

3. Playing the most prolific offense in football right now by a huge margin. Could be the best ever at this rate.

#3 was known. Not much you can do about it.

#2 out of your control.

#1 is my main focus. And the focus of this thread. Saunders needs to go. Bring in someone else, don't let Gibbs call the plays. Fine whatever. All I know is that Saunders coaching is not working here.

I don't see how he can be the problem when he is in charge of absolutely nothing. Not a chance he is calling the plays and running this offense. Not a chance...

Why not? Doesn't fit your theory?

Gibbs didn't have this many broke ass trick plays so I have no idea what your basis for that comment is.

I don't see how he can be the problem when he is in charge of absolutely nothing. Not a chance he is calling the plays and running this offense. Not a chance...

Why not? Doesn't fit your theory?

Gibbs didn't have this many broke ass trick plays so I have no idea what your basis for that comment is.

I dont see how Gibbs can be calling the plays - watch the sideline - he is never talking into his microphone. He is more like a spectator on the sideline.

If Saunders is NOT calling the plays he should resign in protest - all this is doing is hurting his carreer. If he is calling the plays then he should be fired.

I will not say that Gibbs has input on the offesive game plan during the week - but he is NOT calling the plays.

I remeber 1991 skins (coached by a conservative:>) Gibbs ---

Points scored: 485 (#1 of 28 in the NFL)

Points allowed: 224 (#2 of 28 in the NFL)

1 | Detroit Lions | W | 45- 0 |

| 2 | at Dallas Cowboys | W | 33-31 |

| 3 | Phoenix Cardinals | W | 34- 0 |

| 4 | at Cincinnati Bengals | W | 34-27 |

| 5 | Philadelphia Eagles | W | 23- 0 |

| 6 | at Chicago Bears | W | 20- 7 |

| 7 | Cleveland Browns | W | 42-17 |

| 8 | |

| 9 | at New York Giants | W | 17-13 |

| 10 | Houston Oilers | W | 16-13 |

| 11 | Atlanta Falcons | W | 56-17 |

| 12 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | W | 41-14 |

| 13 | Dallas Cowboys | L | 21-24 |

| 14 | at Los Angeles Rams | W | 27- 6 |

| 15 | at Phoenix Cardinals | W | 20-14 |

| 16 | New York Giants | W | 34-17 |

| 17 | at Philadelphia Eagles | L | 22-24

Tell me this is a conservative offense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD

261 447 3771 8.44 30 11 540 2049 3.79 21 5820

NFL rank --->

20 26 5 1 3 3 1 7 18 1 4

It is not Gibbs today on the Radio Sonny made a comment about the Pats offense - he commented that Brady was throwing the same passes he did in the early 1960's - it worked then and it works today. The offense the Pats run is very simple they just execute to perfection.

The players are not doing what they are told to do.

Tom

I dont see how Gibbs can be calling the plays - watch the sideline - he is never talking into his microphone. He is more like a spectator on the sideline.

If Saunders is NOT calling the plays he should resign in protest - all this is doing is hurting his carreer. If he is calling the plays then he should be fired.

I will not say that Gibbs has input on the offesive game plan during the week - but he is NOT calling the plays.

I remeber 1991 skins (coached by a conservative:>) Gibbs ---

Points scored: 485 (#1 of 28 in the NFL)

Points allowed: 224 (#2 of 28 in the NFL)

1 | Detroit Lions | W | 45- 0 |

| 2 | at Dallas Cowboys | W | 33-31 |

| 3 | Phoenix Cardinals | W | 34- 0 |

| 4 | at Cincinnati Bengals | W | 34-27 |

| 5 | Philadelphia Eagles | W | 23- 0 |

| 6 | at Chicago Bears | W | 20- 7 |

| 7 | Cleveland Browns | W | 42-17 |

| 8 | |

| 9 | at New York Giants | W | 17-13 |

| 10 | Houston Oilers | W | 16-13 |

| 11 | Atlanta Falcons | W | 56-17 |

| 12 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | W | 41-14 |

| 13 | Dallas Cowboys | L | 21-24 |

| 14 | at Los Angeles Rams | W | 27- 6 |

| 15 | at Phoenix Cardinals | W | 20-14 |

| 16 | New York Giants | W | 34-17 |

| 17 | at Philadelphia Eagles | L | 22-24

Tell me this is a conservative offense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD

261 447 3771 8.44 30 11 540 2049 3.79 21 5820

NFL rank --->

20 26 5 1 3 3 1 7 18 1 4

It is not Gibbs today on the Radio Sonny made a comment about the Pats offense - he commented that Brady was throwing the same passes he did in the early 1960's - it worked then and it works today. The offense the Pats run is very simple they just execute to perfection.

The players are not doing what they are told to do.

Tom

Archived