Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The key to beating the Pats: Andre Carter

TSO

Alright... we all know the Pats are the greatest team to have ever existed in the history of sports both globally and universally (aliens play sports too), but I believe one guy on our team has the ability to make the biggest difference come the 1st day of the week (also known as Sunday):

Andre Carter.

He's been playing well as of late, consistently forcing the QB to, at the very least, move. That alone is a good thing, but he has also gotten to the QB and has caused quite a few miscues. Although Brady may be the best QB in the league right now in terms of pocket presence and avoiding the rush, when he does get hit, he CAN and WILL fumble the ball. He is not invincible, and he's done this plenty of times. If he gets hit a few times it'll definitely get into his head considering he rarely does.

I understand our CB play will be very important. I understand that our Offense controlling the ball, converting third downs, and scoring TDs is very important too. But the biggest thing I feel needs to happen for us to beat the Pats is Andre Carter having the game of his career.

Let's all pray he does, and do it sincerely. ;)

It can happen folks. Believe. :)

Alright... we all know the Pats are the greatest team to have ever existed in the history of sports both globally and universally (aliens play sports too), but I believe one guy on our team has the ability to make the biggest difference come the 1st day of the week (also known as Sunday):

Andre Carter.

He's been playing well as of late, consistently forcing the QB to, at the very least, move. That alone is a good thing, but he has also gotten to the QB and has caused quite a few miscues. Although Brady may be the best QB in the league right now in terms of pocket presence and avoiding the rush, when he does get hit, he CAN and WILL fumble the ball. He is not invincible, and he's done this plenty of times. If he gets hit a few times it'll definitely get into his head considering he rarely does.

I understand our CB play will be very important. I understand that our Offense controlling the ball, converting third downs, and scoring TDs is very important too. But the biggest thing I feel needs to happen for us to beat the Pats is Andre Carter having the game of his career.

Let's all pray he does, and do it sincerely. ;)

It can happen folks. Believe. :)

If GW is only going to try and get pressure from the front 4, the Partiots OLine is going to provide him more than enough time to get the ball to the receivers no matter what type fo coverage we're playing.

I think GW needs to switch it up in the 2nd half of games. Stop playing the coverage BS and send some heat from the LBs or DBs. Look at the Giants defense, the eagles old LB coach has them sending heat from all directions and those guys are on a 5 game winning streak.

The only problem is that the Pat's collective O-line is better than any non-blitz pass rush we can muster, IMO. Since they rarely rely on the run, their o-line can focus on pocket protection and react to pass rushers rather than actively trying to block to make running lanes. Not a bad system since, given 4-5 seconds of protection, Brady will 95% of the time find an open receiver. The other 5% he throws the ball to the ground and waits for the next down to strike.

Montgomery and Griff will be equally as important provided that Brady has a knack for moving around and up into the pocket. If our interior can get a good push and make things uncomfortable for Brady - then thats when 99 will be effective. Otherwise, he will pick us apart if we try to blitz and if we cant get pressure with the front four, then he will be in the pocket with his cell phone and tea, lighting us up for 300+ yrds on sunday.

we need everyone to make plays

that include andre carter and the 3 guys lining up besides him. carter can't do it by himself.

the entire D-line needs to man up and just own the guy lining up across from him to have any chance at beating new ngland

If GW is only going to try and get pressure from the front 4, the Partiots OLine is going to provide him more than enough time to get the ball to the receivers no matter what type fo coverage we're playing.

I think GW needs to switch it up in the 2nd half of games. Stop playing the coverage BS and send some heat from the LBs or DBs. Look at the Giants defense, the eagles old LB coach has them sending heat from all directions and those guys are on a 5 game winning streak.

I agree with you whole heartedly. Gregg Williams think our front four is a force for some reason. If the Arizona Cardinals can keep the Redskins to only one sack and a couple of hurries and Warner throwing for nearly 300 yards then imagine what Brady and the NE offensive line will do.

I don't necessarily think Carter's the key. A big game from him will help, but if you watch Brady he's not affected much by outside pressure. He feels it, steps up and lets it go. If the Skins are really going to disrupt him they're going to have to get some pressure up middle and force Brady to move outside the pocket.

I agree with you to a point. Carter is going to be a big part of a W this week in NE. I think Fletcher is going to be a big part as well.

Sean Taylor has shown he can step up and roam the field like a cheetah going after food.

I definitely agree with the Fletcher part, but I think Fletcher will be more of a run-stopper than anything. I'm hoping we make them one-dimensional, and when they run it to mix it up, we fill the gaps quickly only allowing 3-4 yards tops. Oh, and Sean Taylor is going to be as important as always.

I think Carter is really the key here though. He's got to get to Brady consistently. That QB of theirs is the biggest problem and if we get inside his head, God willing, we win the game.

I don't necessarily think Carter's the key. A big game from him will help, but if you watch Brady he's not affected much by outside pressure. He feels it, steps up and lets it go. If the Skins are really going to disrupt him they're going to him to get some pressure up middle and force Brady to move outside the pocket.

Fair enough, but then I'll just change the thread title into "The key to beating the Pats: Andre Carter AND Cornelius Griffin".

Of course, as is the case with any good DE play, we need to provide a good enough push at the DT spot to not allow the QB to simply step up everytime.

The Pats could always have one of those games where everything goes wrong and turn the ball over 5 times.

I take nothing for granted. These eyes have seen too many goofy things happen over the years.

Sure, we're stacked this year, but no team is totally immune to mistakes and injuries. I'm praying for neither.

If we can generate a pass rush with the front 4 like we did against detroit, then we got a shot at winning. But if we let Brady sit back there and take his time, we will get picked apart and humiliated to the fullest.

It would be great if we can do it consistently with just the front four, but I'd still like to see some more blitzing. It may, however, be hard to do against a team with so many weapons at WR like the Pats. It's why I believe Carter simply must have one of the biggest games of his career if we are to win. I believe he has all the tools and the right atittude to do that very thing.

I agree with you to a point. Carter is going to be a big part of a W this week in NE. I think Fletcher is going to be a big part as well.

Fletcher is very familier with the Pats. He may have something to say about how the D plays in New England.

i was thinking about that as well. Don't forget about GW also. Could be very interesting in how we match up and what defensive game plan they come with.

I'm torn on this cause our defense has played so solid, but I'm wondering if now would be the perfect time for a old Williams type game. Lots of exotic blitzes etc. I mean if the Pats look at the film from this year they won't be prepared for it at all. They can stun them so to speak early on and then slowly back off as the game goes on. Then again the Pats have too many wrs to not play good solid coverage.

Archived