Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Portis ever go over a 100 yards?

tone_dubbz

Not if he can't get more than 2 ypc. It was horrible yesterday....the 4 p's were not getting it done (Portis, portis, pass, punt..order of plays that we used for 85-90% of that game yesterday.)

I hope he can break one soon...but this O-line isn't gonna allow him that luxury. I was hoping beyond hope that someone would recognize this yesterday...but w/the blitz that kept Jason tap dancing all afternoon, we couldn't get any deep pass game going. He had to get rid of the ball in a hurry(which he needs work on btw imo).

So to answer your question...maybe when the O-line gets healthy or the current ones get up to speed...until then...I'm afraid not:(

it doesnt matter if he gets 100 yards

all that matters is getting the W and we are 4-2 this year, not bad...

Thats not the point, I'm asking specifically with the circumstances surrounding our offense, will he go over a 100 yards?

I know the offensive line is depleted and yadayadayada. But thats no excuse for poor execution and play calling. If you can't break the first tackle and a million dollar back then you're kind of overated.

There are 17 other backs rated better than Portis right now. I don't care if we got 3/5 of our line gone, he needs to step his eff'in game up now.

You know what, the more I think about it........and with all these article coming out about CP blaming everyone but himself..........I say he won't do it anytime soon.

He can't even hold himself accountable for his lack of production. Yeah the OLine is banged up, but so what. He needs to step the F up or just shutup and let Betts carry the rock.

Every interview I see with Portis, he's always comparing himself to other backs, especially LT. LMFAO. Portis, you couldn't carry LT's jock strap to the locker room.......so stop comparing yourself to a someone who's actaully done something significant.

You know what, the more I think about it........and with all these article coming out about CP blaming everyone but himself..........I say he won't do it anytime soon.

He can't even hold himself accountable for his lack of production. Yeah the OLine is banged up, but so what. He needs to step the F up or just shutup and let Betts carry the rock.

Every interview I see with Portis, he's always comparing himself to other backs, especially LT. LMFAO. Portis, you couldn't carry LT's jock strap to the locker room.......so stop comparing yourself to a someone who's actaully done something significant.

Agreed, Portis is not even close to being on the same planet as LT, maybe not even the same solar system. Face it, Portis is not a top back in this league, he is average at best.

this thread is just wack, i dont know any running back that can run behind 3 career back ups and a rookie. It makes no sense for anybody who didnt play much last year broke his hand and injured his shoulder to run hard when the right side cant dominate cant lead block for him and cant get to the second level and hit LB's everybody in the NFL knows the right side of the redskins line SUCKs theres no secret to stack the left side and its ridiculous to think teams are not playing to the redskins weakness, a offense is only as good as their offensive line and everybody in the NFL knows how to attack the redskins offense, you guys act like its madden football in training camp the coaches are workng with the starters to play not the backups to finish a season or lead the team into the playoffs

this thread is just wack, i dont know any running back that can run behind 3 career back ups and a rookie. It makes no sense for anybody who didnt play much last year broke his hand and injured his shoulder to run hard when the right side cant dominate cant lead block for him and cant get to the second level and hit LB's everybody in the NFL knows the right side of the redskins line SUCKs theres no secret to stack the left side and its ridiculous to think teams are not playing to the redskins weakness, a offense is only as good as their offensive line and everybody in the NFL knows how to attack the redskins offense, you guys act like its madden football in training camp the coaches are workng with the starters to play not the backups to finish a season or lead the team into the playoffs

Well you obviously don't read to well, and your assesment of the Skins offense is wack.

Explain to me Mr. Football Expert/Captain Obvious.........what does the OLine have to do with Portis unable to break tackles from CB when he shold be able to run them over. Explain to me how does a Dline man take on a Oline man 1 on 1 and still tackle Portis with one arm.

Tell me that expert.

PS. Learn to the read the point of this thread before exposing how stupid you are with your comments.

Well you obviously don't read to well, and your assesment of the Skins offense is wack.

Explain to me Mr. Football Expert/Captain Obvious.........what does the OLine have to do with Portis unable to break tackles from CB when he shold be able to run them over. Explain to me how does a Dline man take on a Oline man 1 on 1 and still tackle Portis with one arm.

Tell me that expert.

PS. Learn to the read the point of this thread before exposing how stupid you are with your comments.

• 2 weeks later...
nearly got 200 today, I think he showed people he's still got it.

No doubt, Portis definitely did his thing today. Not only was he running well, he was running hard. I loved how he he went heads up with the DB in overtime on that 17 yard carry and drove the dude back like 5 yards.

Anyways, reguardless the ranking of the Jets run defense, Portis and the OLine did their jobs today. Good stuff team, I wish he would have broke the 200 yard mark then I would have definitely ate my crow this morning.

Archived