Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It can't be! Dems in bed with Big Business??

aREDSKIN

We could easily throw a monkey wrench in the whole operation.

But some still aren't convinced to change the status quo. :doh:

Unfortunately it is not as simple as electing one man(which I believe is your point?), but rather a change at the grass root level as well.

The people are hooked hard as any junkie on crack,and the government is the dealer. :(

It's called politics.

Who you take money can be used against you. Dems criticized Republicans for it.

Now Dems are getting the money and Republicans are criticizing Democrats for it.

It's not spin, it's just the way politics work.

?

Fair enough, as long as you recognize that fact and won't try and claim some moral high ground here as you did in your previous posts

Fair enough, as long as you recognize that fact and won't try and claim some moral high ground here as you did in your previous posts

Moral high ground?

How could I claim personal moral high ground for a political party?

As for the respective parties. They are always trying to claim moral high ground. Heck the Republican party has even tried to portray themselves as the party of values.

And even though the parties criticize each other for political points it does not mean the criticisms are completely without merit.

The Dems were correct in noting that big business donated heavily to Republicans and that heavy influence often gained favors for big business.

The Republicans are correct in noting that Dems who criticized Republicans are now taking in large amounts from big business. They are resorting to the exact criticims Dems used.

In reality big business is hedging their bets and it starts becoming a self propelling prophesy.

Whether those big donations to Dems ends up as big favors to big business we'll have to wait and see.

I imagine it will.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as electing one man(which I believe is your point?), but rather a change at the grass root level as well.

The people are hooked hard as any junkie on crack,and the government is the dealer. :(

But it would be a nice start and if said person was elected, it would be because of the grass root effort was growing very strong.;)

I get a kick out of the daily sniping.

Get this people.

Our government is a corporatocracy, set up for the betterment of big businessn and the furtherment of big government. (Which, in case you hadn't noticed, is as much of an industry as any business concern.)

You and I are no more than serfs in perpetual service to our lords.

And the very fact that half of you think one side is better than the other, and the other half thinks the other side is best is enough to make me laugh and cry at the same time.

Is there anything more pathetic than a voluntary slave? How about a voluntary slave who will argue that his master is better than the other master?

Wise up.

~Bang

You know I used to agree with this but I can honestly say Republicans changed my mind. They proved themselves to be not only worse, but far worse. They seem willing to take what's become an acceptable level of poor taste and take it to an extreme. As Larry mentioned earlier with Delay, he took what was common - business rewarding those they thought were going to win... and jacked it up to ONLY meeting with those that got rid of all the democrats and took them off the donation list.

In the last 6 years they just seemed to show that they have no shame.

You know I used to agree with this but I can honestly say Republicans changed my mind. They proved themselves to be not only worse, but far worse. They seem willing to take what's become an acceptable level of poor taste and take it to an extreme. As Larry mentioned earlier with Delay, he took what was common - business rewarding those they thought were going to win... and jacked it up to ONLY meeting with those that got rid of all the democrats and took them off the donation list.

In the last 6 years they just seemed to show that they have no shame.

Dems=big gov't, under the guise of better for all

Reps=world gov't, for the good of some

It's all bull**** anymore, hide your guns.;)

The loons that run the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed page seem pretty irate.

"We bought these guys fair and square, and now you want to go supporting their opponents just because you think they are going to win???? How dare you? It's the PRINCIPLE of the thing!!!"

It always amazes me that such a great overall newspaper as the WSJ can have such a nutball op-ed section.

Remembering an election when I was living in Oklahoma. Oklahoma had just elected their first Republican Governor in, I don't know, maybe forever. (This was a state, for example, in which a dead Democrat, a few years earlier, had got 92% of the vote for a state legislature seat.)

Anyway, after the election, a few weeks later, out comes a newspaper story. Seems that some guy is complaining that he donated $500K to the now-Governor-elect, and Gov had promised that the donor would be appointed Sec of State, but now Gov has announced somebody else, and donor is ticked.

Reporter asks "Isn't it illegal for someone to give that much money to a state candidate?" (It is. Max contribution is $5K.) Donor says "Well, I gave him a printout of all the names ans SSNs of all of the employees of my company, and told him to list the money as coming from them. But he knew it was really from me."

The story also points out that it's a state felony for a political candidate to promise someone a job before being elected. They say that the new Gov's staff has no comment. Neither does the State Attorney's office.

Several days later, another donor comes forward. With the same story. This one owns a large insurance company, and claims he was promised that he'd be Insurance Commissioner.

Several days later, a third donor comes forward. Same story.

My friends and I all agreed that we were really surprised that there were that many people who were willing to contact a newspaper, and allow their names to be published, along with a confession to multiple felonies and detained descriptions of how they committed them.

All because they were ticked that the man they just helped elect Governor has less integrity than the classic definition of an honest politician.

But it would be a nice start and if said person was elected, it would be because of the grass root effort was growing very strong.;)

Yeah, but ultimately the real power for change lies in congress and the state houses and I don't see enough evidence of a groundswell yet for real change.

Just look at this thread...same old ****.

I get a kick out of the daily sniping.

Get this people.

Our government is a corporatocracy, set up for the betterment of big businessn and the furtherment of big government. (Which, in case you hadn't noticed, is as much of an industry as any business concern.)

You and I are no more than serfs in perpetual service to our lords.

And the very fact that half of you think one side is better than the other, and the other half thinks the other side is best is enough to make me laugh and cry at the same time.

Is there anything more pathetic than a voluntary slave? How about a voluntary slave who will argue that his master is better than the other master?

Wise up.

~Bang

Bang you nailed it! Those that do not get it are either just not paying attention or idiots!

Archived