Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Brooks... Why not him?

KDawg

I see these teams signing aging veterans, or guys that have been nothing but journeymen... Vinny Testaverde, Tim Rattay, Tim Hasselbeck, etc.

No knock on these teams, I can understand why they would sign each of these guys, they have good enough skills to lead an offense in a crisis... But why not sign Aaron Brooks? The guy has some baggage and all, but I'd think he'd be worth a shot for teams that need a QB...

I like Tim Hasselbeck and all, but I'd take a gamble with Brooks before I took him. Although Testes and Rattay were solid pickups.

he did look bad with oakland, but i agree theres no way he can be much worse than hasselbeck or Rattay... he was actually pretty good for a few years with the Saints. That is surprising that there has been absolutely no interest in him even with the Cardinals in desperate need for a decent qb.

He's HORRIBLE. Id take Hasselback over him anyday.

Without a doubt, THE longest leash ever for a starting QB. Dude was a born loser.

And Mr. 0.0 is better?

Hasselbeck:

6 Seasons

1,012 yards

5 TD

7 INT

Aaron Brooks:

8 seasons

20,261 yards

123 TD

92 INT

Respectfully disagree with you, bro.

these guys get recommendations from coaches and peers in the league.. They can pick up the system fast and run it the way you want it without losing the game for you

That explanation works for Rattay and Testeverde, but not Hasselbeck.

Not that I know of. Nothing. I'll look into it tomorrow if no one else does.

I can understand why Brooks hasn't been signed, but I'm a little puzzled with Hasselbeck.

I threw the other guys in for arguments sake... Testeverde and Rattay are solid backup plans.

I forgot about Brooks. I was saying last Sunday that Id try a younger AFL or CFL QB before I went after Testaverde or Rattay. I beleive both those leagues are in the offseason.

To his credit, Testaverde didnt really look that bad, his receivers simply couldn't catch. They were lucky to do so well on the ground.

Brooks throws way too many picks first off. Secondly, he's got a dominant personality and a negative dominant personality at that. I don't think that Whisenhunt wanted a guy like that coming off the street and risk changing the complexion of his lockerroom. Rattay and Hasselbeck are laid back, smart guys, who won't kill you with mistakes. They're game managers and i think that's exactly what Arizona needs right now. They don't need a stud under center because they have a solid defense, a great core group of wide receivers and a nice running game. The QB just has to make sure he doesn't put the defense in bad spots and let Edge and his receivers win the ball game. Brooks just makes too many mistakes back there.

Archived