Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's calm down and do the rational thing

LD0506

Who cares what Dallas does? They are a FAR superior team than this team has been in 16 years. This joke of a team cannot execute to save their lives. Pick a person each week and watch them implode. Just wait, next week the pathetic joke we call an offense will score 28 points, but the D will probably give up 31. Looser organizations like us, the cardinals, lions, and the bills find ways to loose all the time. We are very efficient at giving games away. We are this weeks Buffalo Bills. How to hand a game away. Plus, yet again. NO POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF?

Our players can't exeucute, our coaches make no adjustments and this franchise constantly finds ways to suck. We are the LAUGHING STOCK of the NFL. We have been for a while. As most of the football world says: Same old Redskins.

the rational thing is to write off this team as average to above average. If you were an objective sports fan looking at the NFC the skins just fell out of your teams to watch list. Teams that beat themselves constantly don't make noise in the post season. The skins are what I would call a dumb team. A team that can be counted on to make stupid mistakes every week. Dumb mistakes by the players and the coaches (timeouts).

This loss took us from "will we win the division?" to "wildcard maybe" because instead of being up with dallas we fell backwards, likely below the Giants. This game was a big deal if you look down the road.

Who cares what Dallas does? They are a FAR superior team than this team has been in 16 years. This joke of a team cannot execute to save their lives. Pick a person each week and watch them implode. Just wait, next week the pathetic joke we call an offense will score 28 points, but the D will probably give up 31. Looser organizations like us, the cardinals, lions, and the bills find ways to loose all the time. We are very efficient at giving games away. We are this weeks Buffalo Bills. How to hand a game away. Plus, yet again. NO POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF?

Our players can't exeucute, our coaches make no adjustments and this franchise constantly finds ways to suck. We are the LAUGHING STOCK of the NFL. We have been for a while. As most of the football world says: Same old Redskins.

\

:stfu:

Being a humble Skins fan from the UK you will probably not think me worthy of a response, but I will give it a shot non-the less:

I can't agree with you regarding the D. Apart from a half against the Giants, our D has been a complete contrast to last season. In my opinion Landry and Fletcher have turned us around, and generally we look very, very solid.

On offence we have a gem in Campbell, and as each game goes by he appears to get better and better. Randle El has really stepped up this year, and I'm sure if it hadn't been for our appalling run of O Line injuries we could quite easily be a 5-0 team right now.

I haven't seen the game today, and as such will have to dissect it from what others have said on these boards. From what I have read, Moss had a particularly bad day, we got hit with the O Line injury bug again, and the referees made some bad calls that cost us dear.

If I were to say one thing to everyone it would be to keep the faith, as we are heading in the right direction, and Rome wasn't built in a day.

HTTR

We have all week to dissect this game and assign blame for it, but right now I have to think that as Redskins fans we should be engaged in something positive, devoting our efforts to watching NE abuse the Pukes :cheers:

That's what we have been doing for almost a decade!

We have all week to dissect this game and assign blame for it, but right now I have to think that as Redskins fans we should be engaged in something positive, devoting our efforts to watching NE abuse the Pukes :cheers:

If we have to depend on somebody else beating our divisional rivals than we really are pathetic.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we weren't already over halfway to last season's win total. :doh:

HAAAA! That's funny. That's not too difficult when it was only FIVE FREAKING WINS last year. You can't be serious. I promise that we won't have many more than last years total. A miracle season would be 8-8. This teams 10 points a game offense means we do nothing this year.

The sky is NOT falling. Really, it's still up there in the heavens. We were let down today by players who we usually count on in the clutch. Moss and Portis will bounce back and win games for us this season.

Everybody take a deep breath. Breathe into a paper bag if you're hyperventilating because you think the season is over.

As fun as it is to watch Dallas lose, I'm tired of relying on their misfortune for my happiness year in and year out. As of right now, i don't give a damn what Dallas is doing...........i'm worried about my team. We shouldn't care what Dallas is doing until we get ready to play them. We are 3-2 with a inconsistent offense and a butt-load of injuries. If we don't straighten out our own mess, then we'll all be sitting at home watchin Dallas compete in January.

another consistency! ever since Gibbs era II, its always an ugly win foloowed by people coming to forum saying stuff like " lets be posistive......"

this is what has happened in the redskins DC area Community since Gibbs ERA. nothing has change, we go through the same ritual every yr. we rarely have convincing wins and when we do, we follow it up with an ugly lose. its either we have fans trying to point fingers or typical thread like this about staying positive......

same thing over and over again.

do you think super bowl caliber team's forum go though what we go through? do you think those fans go through what we go through? sure, there are teams in worst situations and fans who have suffered more than us but we are the Redskins? did we not once have one of the best franchise in NFL? werent we once a consistent team like what the pats and colts are right now? isnt it all about having a super bowl caliber team and fighting for the lombardi trophy yr in and yr out? it applies to colts and pats and others. it had not applied to the redskins even during Gibbs ERA II and i dont know if it ever will.

the rational thing is to write off this team as average to above average. If you were an objective sports fan looking at the NFC the skins just fell out of your teams to watch list. Teams that beat themselves constantly don't make noise in the post season. The skins are what I would call a dumb team. A team that can be counted on to make stupid mistakes every week. Dumb mistakes by the players and the coaches (timeouts).

This loss took us from "will we win the division?" to "wildcard maybe" because instead of being up with dallas we fell backwards, likely below the Giants. This game was a big deal if you look down the road.

This is as good an example as any of how RIDICULOUS this board it after a loss. I am as frustrated as anyone that we gave away a game we should have won and esentially dominated for much of the game. The drops and fumbles were AWFUL. No question.

But there were many positives. Campbell again played well. The D, despite a couple dropped INT's, continues to show that it is a FORCE to be rekoned with.

Lets just catch a breath and realize that we are 3-2 with a very winnable game next week and many more on the schedule. The Boys are about to lose putting us ONE GAME BACK in the NFC East. The division, and the wild card, will go down to the wire and we will be right in the mix.

This loss SUCKS big time. I HATE HATE HATE it. But there is no reason to panic and no reason not to think these guys will respond in a huge way next week.

Hell, I thought you were gonna say drink heavily :chug: :cheers:

Maybe this is a reality check game that we aren't as good as we think we are. What the Redskins have is potential, but that potential will go to waste if we can't do the basic things like catch the football. The WRs looked like they were trying to catch greased pigs today. The OT looked slow off the ball. And the fumbles by Moss and Portis slowed our progress. We have to be able to do the little and basic things in order to be a complete team.

Archived