The "Illness In The Family" Factor

Ellis

Would you vote for Al Gore  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Al Gore

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

When I do my picks for the games, sometimes I take into account an illness or death in a persons family if the player who is going through it is a key player.

This is useful in games where the team predicted to lose has the player with an ill relative.

The last game I used this factor in was SanFran vs StLouis earlier this season. RB Gore's mother had just passed away. That had "break out performance" written all over it... and Gore certainly delivered that day. At the time, StLouis didn't suck and they were given the edge.

There have been many players over the years that have had. Hell, Brett Favre has had a handful of them! When things like this are weighing heavy on a persons mind, they either can't concentrate or they have the reserve tank of energy in their bodies that gets tapped into and they have one hell of a game.

The reason I bring this factor up will most likely get me yelled at by my fellow Skins fans but... Tony Romo sits to pee's father is ill. Expect something great this weekend. That's all I'm saying. I won't sit here and predict a win for Dallas. Just don't sleep on Romo sits to pee this weekend.;)

When I do my picks for the games, sometimes I take into account an illness or death in a persons family if the player who is going through it is a key player.

This is useful in games where the team predicted to lose has the player with an ill relative.

The last game I used this factor in was SanFran vs StLouis earlier this season. RB Gore's mother had just passed away. That had "break out performance" written all over it... and Gore certainly delivered that day. At the time, StLouis didn't suck and they were given the edge.

There have been many players over the years that have had. Hell, Brett Favre has had a handful of them! When things like this are weighing heavy on a persons mind, they either can't concentrate or they have the reserve tank of energy in their bodies that gets tapped into and they have one hell of a game.

The reason I bring this factor up will most likely get me yelled at by my fellow Skins fans but... Tony Romo sits to pee's father is ill. Expect something great this weekend. That's all I'm saying. I won't sit here and predict a win for Dallas. Just don't sleep on Romo sits to pee this weekend.;)

I see what you're saying but he found out about his father shortly after the Chicago game, and since he played well in St. Louis and poorly in Buffalo, who knows what to expect.

Sorry to hear about his father and all, but I don't see it altering the outcome of the game, Patriots win by 12!

I don't know man, remember how Favre played after his father died, 300+ and 4 TD's in the first half.

Although it going to really suck if Romo sits to pee plays amazing because the Favre/Romo sits to pee comparisons (those two names should NEVER be used in the same sentence together) will never end.

His father will be at the game sunday as well

That's some high drama. I'm not being sarcastic. I also had no idea that he knew about his before the St. Louis and Buffalo games. This means he's been daling with it for a while now, so he should be level-headed. His father actually being at the game raises the stakes though.

It happened with the Cleveland Cavs a couple of years ago-their pt guard, Larry Hughes, had to miss most of the Pistons series b/c he father passed away. The Pistons were head and shoulders above the Cavs in every phase, but the entire team seemed to be riding on the waves of emotion, as they came ONE game away from going to the ECF.

Honestly-it's still hard to say about the Pats/Dallas game-the Pats are just too good(and too business-like to believe their own press), nonetheless.

That's some high drama. I'm not being sarcastic. I also had no idea that he knew about his before the St. Louis and Buffalo games. This means he's been daling with it for a while now, so he should be level-headed. His father actually being at the game raises the stakes though.

Yeah the article I read said he found out a few days after Chicago. I hope he plays well for his father. Though I am sure you hope the opposite :laugh:

Umm no, he found out about his father's cancer after the St. Louis game...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=9689803E-DBB3-10D5-38C6E984BF10AB26

Just days after Romo sits to pee led the Cowboys to a 34-10 victory over the Bears at Soldier Field, his father Ramiro, was diagnosed with prostate cancer. While the specific details of his condition are unknown, Romo sits to pee says that his father's surgery is "coming up", a procedure certainly weighing heavily on his mind.

Archived