Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Redskins after thought...

Passizle

Seeing this post is about the Skins and the Giants, I figured I would place here for discussion.

So...

After seeing last nights Eagles/Giants game, who here thinks that the Skins O made themselves look bad instead of them being outplayed by (what looks to be) a damn good defense. At least the front seven are anyways.

12 sacks against an offense that put up 56 a week ago. Westbrook or not. I dont think they would have fared much better. That Giants defenseive line was flaot out dominant! Wish they would have showed up against the Cowboys...

Anyways... seeing last nights game made me think a little more thouroughly about our offensive situation. I am hopeful again.

BTW

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Seeing this post is about the Skins and the Giants, I figured I would place here for discussion.

So...

After seeing last nights Eagles/Giants game, who here thinks that the Skins O made themselves look bad instead of them being outplayed by (what looks to be) a damn good defense. At least the front seven are anyways.

12 sacks against an offense that put up 56 a week ago. Westbrook or not. I dont think they would have fared much better. That Giants defenseive line was flaot out dominant! Wish they would have showed up against the Cowboys...

Anyways... seeing last nights game made me think a little more thouroughly about our offensive situation. I am hopeful again.

BTW

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

How is it that the Giants front 7 didnt show up against Dallas, but apparently did against the skins, but it was just the skins O-line that looked bad? Could it be possible that the Cowboys O-Line just did a good job of keeping the Giants D-line in check?

How is it that the Giants front 7 didnt show up against Dallas, but apparently did against the skins, but it was just the skins O-line that looked bad? Could it be possible that the Cowboys O-Line just did a good job of keeping the Giants D-line in check?

Could it be because Osi was taken out of the game in the 1st quarter against Dallas? The same Osi who had 6 sacks last night. Or could it be because Strahan missed a lot of practice time, and the preseason, and wasn't as effective in his first game?

That's not exactly a fair evaluation... Philly was without its stalwart LT and the Giants ritualistically picked on Winston Justice in his stead. Brian Westbrook's absence is huge, too, considering he makes up over 50% of their offense. The Giants don't have the most amazing front 7 ever, contrary to what we saw last night. Philly was just that bad.

Osi went out in the 1st quarter, strahan didnt practice or have any preseason games, and the players were getting aquainted with Spags D schemes as well as Spags getting aquainted with his players and know what they are capable of.

Plus Dallas O-line is really good this year.

No, they did not. The Giants were toying with a new scheme and had guys built for DE, playing LB... among other things.

They had soem time to get in their new scheme and putting guys where their strengths are showed up last night.

They tied an NFL record that was set about 20 years ago. 12 SACKS IN ONE GAME!!!

The Cowboys offensive line has allowed sacks in each game so far, and as I have stated in another thread, they seem to be very lackluster until the end of the third/begining of the fourth quarter. Their offense is very high powered and Romom scrambles ALOT. That is NOT the sign of a great offensive line to me. The lack of a running game solidifies my opinion.

Dont get wrong and highjack this thread into a Cowboys vs Skins thread. Thats not what its for. Its for reflection of the Giants un-expected Defense and thought on how it affected the Skins seconfd half last week.

:dallasuck

Every Cowboy fan has to admit that they sweat bullets yesterday, at least until halftime. It clearly looked like the lowly Rams were going to fight you until the very end.

Could it be because Osi was taken out of the game in the 1st quarter against Dallas? The same Osi who had 6 sacks last night. Or could it be because Strahan missed a lot of practice time, and the preseason, and wasn't as effective in his first game?

Osi got mauled in that game. Not what you want to hear, I know but it's true.

Can't take anything away from the Cowboys offensive line. They played extremely well that first game. But if anyone can understand the position the Giants defense was in on that game, it would have to be Cowboys fans. New system, key guys missing etc.

The next time the Giants and Cowboys meet I guarantee you it won't end up in an 80 point affair. Both defenses have improved, players are starting to finally find their roles in each respective position, coaches and players are becoming more acclimated to one another. Should be an old fashion NFC East knock down, drag out contest next time these two teams meet.

Can't take anything away from the Cowboys offensive line. They played extremely well that first game. But if anyone can understand the position the Giants defense was in on that game, it would have to be Cowboys fans. New system, key guys missing etc.

The next time the Giants and Cowboys meet I guarantee you it won't end up in an 80 point affair. Both defenses have improved, players are starting to finally find their roles in each respective position, coaches and players are becoming more acclimated to one another. Should be an old fashion NFC East knock down, drag out contest next time these two teams meet.

I definately understand that... It's just funny to see skins fans do everything they can to take credit away from anything the Cowboys do.

There's no doubt that the Giants defense is getting better (starting with that "make me so happy" goal line stand at the end of the skins game). It should be a great game when the Cowboys and Giants meet again.

I definately understand that... It's just funny to see skins fans do everything they can to take credit away from anything the Cowboys do.

There's no doubt that the Giants defense is getting better (starting with that "make me so happy" goal line stand at the end of the skins game). It should be a great game when the Cowboys and Giants meet again.

I think you are a tad bit sensative. This thread started with no insult to the Cowboys at all... but once you read that i wished the defensive line we saw last night would have been the same one in the first game, you start talking junk like the thread was a dig about the cowboys. Dont worry. It isnt. Now move along.

Guest sith lord

Some people just need to stop trying to find excuses for bad play. I don't care what the Giants did against the Eagles, we should have beat them last week.

I think you are a tad bit sensative. This thread started with no insult to the Cowboys at all... but once you read that i wished the defensive line we saw last night would have been the same one in the first game, you start talking junk like the thread was a dig about the cowboys. Dont worry. It isnt. Now move along.

I know the original post had nothing to do with the Cowboys. It was only a matter of time before one of you fore*skins fans gave into your very odd obsession with the Cowboys and had to bring them into the conversation... You brought the Cowboys into this, and I simply replied. Get over it (and your calling ME sensitive? :doh: )

I know the original post had nothing to do with the Cowboys. It was only a matter of time before one of you fore*skins fans gave into your very odd obsession with the Cowboys and had to bring them into the conversation... You brought the Cowboys into this, and I simply replied. Get over it (and your calling ME sensitive? :doh: )

Read the underline one in the quote and BTW going past the filter is a no-no.

How can you bash a team that has done better than your cowboys in the last 10 years?

Your team loves to choke away a season, but WE are the ********s. Great...:dallasuck

Very odd obsession? If we were really obsessed we would be members over at Cowboy zone talking Cowboys all day. That would be obsessed.

Please review rule 6 here

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

Or they might do Viva La Ban on ya.

Or...

It could be Tony Romo sits to pee's QB Rating :excited:

I know the original post had nothing to do with the Cowboys.

They don't tolerate pissing contests around here, just a little advice for ya.

You'll be back on your own board starting threads about how you were unjustly banned with these kind of posts.

Another thing, there's already a HeHateMe on this board. I doubt he appreciates you running around with his name and acting like a troll.

Archived