Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Thomas

dockeryfan

No need to put him on IR, right now. Now if the time comes around mid-season and we are 4-4 or 4-5 and not very healthy, you do it then.

But what if we are like 6-2 or 6-3? Then we can keep him stashed until he is healthy and hopefully make the playoffs, with him being a huge lift if and when he does come back.

Waiting? Waiting for what? None of us are waiting. He'll be ready for our playoff run, that is key. Why put a man on IR that could help us during the most important part of the season just so you can fill a roster spot with someone who will probably never see the field, let alone, be activated?

Don't you remember when we put someone else on IR during the 05 season and they were ready to play when we needed them. ****, who was it??

Keep RT off IR because if there IS a playoff run I want him in there more than anyone else on the Line.

Our other #2 disappearing receiver...

He will not go on IR, too valuable in the overall view of the season...unless we are already writing off the paloffs...not I!

No need to put him on IR, right now. Now if the time comes around mid-season and we are 4-4 or 4-5 and not very healthy, you do it then.

But what if we are like 6-2 or 6-3? Then we can keep him stashed until he is healthy and hopefully make the playoffs, with him being a huge lift if and when he does come back.

Totally agree. Have to hold out hope as long as possible for a dude like Randy.

I would go as far to say that Randy competes to be our best lineman. Not just our best OG.

So, who are we going to replace his roster spot with? Will we call Jerry Rice out of retirement next? Maybe activate someone from the practice squad?

Lets let the coaching staff do what they do and see what happens.

Best guard? He's our best offensive lineman, period. You almost never hear his name called on penalties and you rarely every see him slip up in blocking like the other guys on the line.

Yeah, I almost said that, but guard and tackle are different positions so the comparison can get a little sticky. Besides I don't think Chris is too shabby. :cheers:

So we have all been waiting.

And he's still not on IR. Does this make any sense to anyone? Bueller?

He won't be available until the last couple of games IF there is not a delay in his recovery.

Honestly, I would rather see that roster spot utilized than have a roster of 52.

Just maybe Randy is a faster healer than the predicted time of recovery. So, instead of the normal ten to twelve weeks of recovery time, maybe it might be seven or eight weeks.

Hopefully Thomas's replacement, Fabini, can continue to pancake DTs and LBs until Randy comes back. I think we're in good hands on the O line. I wish Randy a very speedy recovery.

You're kidding right?

From what I have seen, Fabini has been average, at best. He nearly cost us points at the end of the first half against Philly, and he was getting outplayed all day against the Giants. RT can't heal fast enough.

Randy is arguably our best OL, so it seems to me a sound move at this time. If we have a shot at the playoffs and he heals quickly we have him back for the stretch run.

If we put him on IR, it is not like whoever takes his place on the 53 man roster is going to be activated to start a game in the next few weeks, so we have more to gain than loose IMO for holding out hope he can make it back in time to contribute.

Archived