Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys

MLMGuru

You can say I'm preaching to the choir, and you can say injuries happen because of your "physical" play, but the fact is, it hurt the Bears a lot more than it hurt you. You have the ability to get in shootouts and win without a great defense, and it's not like your defense was all that stellar in the past anyway.

The Bears only had their defense. That was their only hope not only for that game, but for the whole season. You might as well load up your fantasy team with Lions and Packers offensive players the next two weeks; the ENTIRE Bears starting secondary will be out, their biggest playmaker at linebacker will be out, and 1/2 of their defensive line will be out. As a friend of mine put it, it won't even be the 2007 Bears on the field, it will be the 2007 Preseason Bears. I'm sorry, but this list:

FS Mike Brown - out for season - Knee

SS Adam Archuleta - broken hand

CB Nathan Vasher - out for a month - groin

CB Charles Tillman - out for two weeks - ankle

DT Tommie Harris, and arguably the best player on the team - out for a month with a sprained MCL

DT Dusty Dvoracek - out for the year - knee

LB Lance Briggs - out for 1-2 weeks

blows your injuries out of the water. Next week the Bears will have a rookie 7th-round draft pick playing corner. They'll have a rookie 5th-round pick at safety.

Your team is able to survive defensive injuries because, honestly, your defense wasn't going to be top flight anyway. You guys rely on your offense to dominate games, and you've been doing great at that. But imagine if you lost TO, MBIII, and Witten. That's the equivalent of what's happened to the Bears.

Yeah, your right. Your Best CB is more important then our Best CB because he plays for your team.

Your best DT is more important then our NT because he plays for your team.

Your best OLB is more important then our best Pass Rusher OLB because he plays for your team.

The list goes on. Yours are more important then ours because they are Bears. I get it.

Nobodies defense is as good as the Bears so the expectations we had for our defense is irrelivent because they were not going to be any good anyway right? I know, last year we were ranked 13th, the year before that we were 10th, the year before that we were 16th, the year before that we were 1st. Would it surprise you to learn that in 2 of the last 4 seasons, your defense was ranked worse then ours? But you know, our defense sucks and so it doesn't count.

We are a defensive team. We are winning with offense because our defense is hurt but I forgot, we are not the Bears so for us, it doesn't matter.

Everything is worse for the Bears right? I guess you should just go home and have a good cry. You'll feel better.

their biggest playmaker at linebacker will be out,

Damn... Urlacher is hurt?

Seriously, not that I neccessarily disagree with you on most of your stuff, but Urlacher is their best LB, not Briggs.

Also, as we know, Archuleta missing a game is addition by subtraction. :laugh:

You can state a lot of reasons why the Cowboys are winning, you can play the game about the injuries on the other team or whatever...Let me toss this out to you on why the team is winning.......The Dallas D (oh I know it sucks per the redskins fans) is leading the league in take aways with 10 in only 3 games...Now that being said the Cowboys are also leading the league in the turnover/give away difference with +7, meaning the Dallas O has only turned the ball over 3 times...I think that is a big part in why we are winning, the D is giving the ball to our O alot more than our O is giving it away....

Yeah, your right. Your Best CB is more important then our Best CB because he plays for your team.

Your best DT is more important then our NT because he plays for your team.

Your best OLB is more important then our best Pass Rusher OLB because he plays for your team.

The list goes on. Yours are more important then ours because they are Bears. I get it.

Nobodies defense is as good as the Bears so the expectations we had for our defense is irrelivent because they were not going to be any good anyway right? I know, last year we were ranked 13th, the year before that we were 10th, the year before that we were 16th, the year before that we were 1st. Would it surprise you to learn that in 2 of the last 4 seasons, your defense was ranked worse then ours? But you know, our defense sucks and so it doesn't count.

We are a defensive team. We are winning with offense because our defense is hurt but I forgot, we are not the Bears so for us, it doesn't matter.

Everything is worse for the Bears right? I guess you should just go home and have a good cry. You'll feel better.

Chill, puke. I'm a 'Skins fan, not Bears. All I'm saying is that your offense is what wins games for you, and the Bears' defense is what wins games for them. If your offense was eviscerated like their defense, you'd be the one crying.

Yes, the puke defense has had injuries. But maybe you missed the part where the ENTIRE Bears secondary is out, 1/2 of their line is out, and their biggest playmaking LB is out. If you honestly think the two teams compare, get over yourself. Injuries are part of the NFL, but what's happened to the Bears this year is something I've never seen happen to a team before.

Damn... Urlacher is hurt?

Seriously, not that I neccessarily disagree with you on most of your stuff, but Urlacher is their best LB, not Briggs.

Oh by all means Urlacher is their best LB, but I think Briggs is their biggest "playmaker" at LB. Urlacher is a brick wall and dangerous as hell in the Tampa-2, but Briggs has been to the Bears what McIntosh is so far this season to the 'Skins.

Chill, puke. I'm a 'Skins fan, not Bears. All I'm saying is that your offense is what wins games for you, and the Bears' defense is what wins games for them. If your offense was eviscerated like their defense, you'd be the one crying.

Yes, the puke defense has had injuries. But maybe you missed the part where the ENTIRE Bears secondary is out, 1/2 of their line is out, and their biggest playmaking LB is out. If you honestly think the two teams compare, get over yourself. Injuries are part of the NFL, but what's happened to the Bears this year is something I've never seen happen to a team before.

Oh by all means Urlacher is their best LB, but I think Briggs is their biggest "playmaker" at LB. Urlacher is a brick wall and dangerous as hell in the Tampa-2, but Briggs has been to the Bears what McIntosh is so far this season to the 'Skins.

Perhaps it is you who should Chill. You may claim to be a Skinz fan but you sound like your making exucses for the Bears to me.

Half of there team is injured. That's true. Unfortunatly for you, it's because of the Cowboys game.

Briggs is there best play maker hugh? Urlacher is there best cover LB. He might be the best cover LB in the league. In 3 games, Urlacher has 3 sacks.

Yeah, maybe you should stick to what you know, which does not appear to be the Chicago Bears.

Briggs is there best play maker hugh? Urlacher is there best cover LB. He might be the best cover LB in the league. In 3 games, Urlacher has 3 sacks.

Yeah, maybe you should stick to what you know, which does not appear to be the Chicago Bears.

No **** he's their best coverage LB, he's the best Tampa-2 MLB in the league. But Briggs isn't far behind when it comes to coverage, and has 6 INTs and 3 defensive touchdowns in 5 years. He straight up makes plays for that defense.

Half of there team is injured. That's true. Unfortunatly for you, it's because of the Cowboys game.

Stop trying to make it sound like your team just runs over everyone and destroys other players with their amazing physical prowess. The only physical player on your offense is MBIII. TO is bigger and stronger than he plays, and your O-line is much better at pass pro than running downhill over people. By your logic, Todd Yoder is a destructive force at tight end because Dawkins tackled him wrong and hurt his neck.

Stop trying to make it sound like your team just runs over everyone and destroys other players with their amazing physical prowess. The only physical player on your offense is MBIII. TO is bigger and stronger than he plays, and your O-line is much better at pass pro than running downhill over people. By your logic, Todd Yoder is a destructive force at tight end because Dawkins tackled him wrong and hurt his neck.

LOL......

So far this year, they have been. Do you even watch the Cowboys? I mean, it's OK if you don't. I would not expect you to, being a Bears fan and all. You don't know very much about the make up of the Cowboys and how there playing this year. That's clear.

No big deal

LOL......

So far this year, they have been. Do you even watch the Cowboys? I mean, it's OK if you don't. I would not expect you to, being a Bears fan and all. You don't know very much about the make up of the Cowboys and how there playing this year. That's clear.

No big deal

Aw, aren't you cute? You called me a Bears fan because I know things about other teams besides just the Redskins. You're so clever...:)

Actually, I've watched all of the NFCE games this year and most of the NFC ones. I don't really care as much about the AFC, but that's because it doesn't normally affect the Redskins as much.

So yes, I do know about the makeup of the pukes and how they're playing this season. You've got a high flying pass-first offense that stretches the field, and a defense that's ranked #21 in the league. Not exactly the marks of a team with a supposedly "physical style of play".

I can't believe you're actually making the case that by playing the cowgirls, teams are actually more likely to get injured. Do you actually believe that, or are you just playing the fan and trying to hype up your team? You can't actually be that dumb, right?

...Right?

Aw, aren't you cute? You called me a Bears fan because I know things about other teams besides just the Redskins. You're so clever...:)

Actually, I've watched all of the NFCE games this year and most of the NFC ones. I don't really care as much about the AFC, but that's because it doesn't normally affect the Redskins as much.

So yes, I do know about the makeup of the pukes and how they're playing this season. You've got a high flying pass-first offense that stretches the field, and a defense that's ranked #21 in the league. Not exactly the marks of a team with a supposedly "physical style of play".

I can't believe you're actually making the case that by playing the cowgirls, teams are actually more likely to get injured. Do you actually believe that, or are you just playing the fan and trying to hype up your team? You can't actually be that dumb, right?

...Right?

Perhaps he's simply looking at all the injuries that have occured to Cowboys' opponents.

Osi, Eli, Brandon Jacobs, Zach Thomas, Nathan Vasher, Adam Archuleta, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs.

I can't remember who all got hurt for the Cowboys in those 3 games... I know Crayton dislocated a finger. Outside of that, not sure we've had anyone else really hurt.

Hurd-on-Arch-2.gif

Bigg-Hit-on-Bear.gif

I'm calling coincidence in regards to players getting injured during cowboys games. That D isn't intimidating and hasn't shown any reason as to why it will be thus far

IMO... NFCEast Defenses are as such...

Washington

Philadelphia

Dallas

NewYork

Dallas is not intimidating but they get the job done.

...Right?

Unfortunatly, your vast knowledge of other teams does not extend to the Cowboys. Your statement about MB3 being the only physical player on the Cowboys team is a clear illustration of the fact that you know zero about the Cowboys. So you think you know something about the Cowboys huh? High flying passing game, well, that's true. However, did you know that this so called pass blocking OL you speak of is actually responsible for the 5th best rushing team in the NFL? Did you also know that we are the third best for AYPC at 4.8 in the NFL? We also lead the NFL in rushing TDs? But I'm sure this is because we are a none physical offense that has only played against soft defensive teams.

Also, we are a soft defensive team right? Did you know that defensively, we are the 8th ranked defense against the run in the NFL? Ranked higher then the Skins in fact. We've only given up 1 rushing TD so far. I'm pretty sure it's because it's so easy to pass on us so nobody really runs the ball against our defense right? Wrong. In fact, teams have rushed the ball against us 66 times. Only two teams with higher ranked rush defense have had the ball run against them more then us. The Vikes with 80 attempts against and NE with 66. IN fact, the average is just over 64 attempts per for the 7 teams with a higher ranking then us. Here's another interesting fact. Of the teams ranked hgher then us for rush defense, none have given up a run longer then 27 yards and that Baltimore who has the best rushing defense in the league. However, we have given up a 44 yard run which kinda hurts the old average a little bit. The point here is that we are actually pretty good against the run thus far. We are getting hurt against the pass and I understand that. As I said earlier, we have been missing our best pass rusher (Ellis) the whole year. We have been missing our best Cover Corner (probably top 5 in the league in Newman) and our best Cover LB (Burnett) the whole year. Defensively, we are 23rd in the league against the pass. Against the Giants, we gave up 319 yards through the air. Against Miami, we gave up 287 yards passing. Against the Bears and Grossman, we gave up 195 yards passing. WE are getting better against the pass and we will continue to get better as some of our guys start coming back from injury.

Every team we have played this year has commented on the fact that we are a very physical team. In the Giants game, the Giants lost Unenyiora, Jacobs, Dockery and Manning.

In the Miami game, Chatman and Porter were both hurt.

You know about the Chicago game.

You say you watch a lot of football. Well, OK, take a closer look and see what you thing. I'm telling you, we are a physical football team. I think it's going to be that way all year.

Perhaps he's simply looking at all the injuries that have occured to Cowboys' opponents.

Osi, Eli, Brandon Jacobs, Zach Thomas, Nathan Vasher, Adam Archuleta, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs.

I can't remember who all got hurt for the Cowboys in those 3 games... I know Crayton dislocated a finger. Outside of that, not sure we've had anyone else really hurt.

Hurd-on-Arch-2.gif

Bigg-Hit-on-Bear.gif

Furgeson.

On a general note, since the rule-breaking generic title has yet to be changed, let all the 'skins fans in ATN remember these days of cowpie floods the next time we hear how the rivalry "only means something to 'skins fans." ;) :laugh:

In truth, the Cowboys are talked about much more then any other team in the NFL on this board. Also much more Cowboy discussion on this board then there is Redskin talk on Cowboy boards.

Perhaps it's because there are more Cowboy fans that frequent this board then vica versa. I don't know but it's clear, at least to me, that there is great deal of interest in the Cowboys here.

In truth, the Cowboys are talked about much more then any other team in the NFL on this board. Also much more Cowboy discussion on this board then there is Redskin talk on Cowboy boards.

Perhaps it's because there are more Cowboy fans that frequent this board then vica versa. I don't know but it's clear, at least to me, that there is great deal of interest in the Cowboys here.

And maybe you would explain to me how this has anything of meaning to do with I posted,which you quoted (other then to prove it ironically), or why you felt that I need to be informed of something as obvious as the sun appearing yellow (aside from the part I could care less about--what happens on cowboy boards). :)

I hate when people respond to something you said in total non-sequitir fashion.

Archived