Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys

MLMGuru

pressure Romo sits to pee

By pressure do you mean sacks? He has been playing very well under the pressure he has gotten so far. Fact is they have a powerful O line this year to be able to protect him so well and overcome all those penalties.

How would you game plan these guys?

hopefully by then we will discover that the key to our defense, and winning games, will be getting pressure from our front 7...... to do this, we will send rocky and marcus on blitzes much more than we have in the last couple weeks

then on offense, have a good balance of run and pass to keep a second rate defense at bay.

Hi MLGuru,

I have a question: what team are you a fan of?

And I have a suggestion: in order to retain the privilege of starting new threads, learn the rules as you agreed to when you registered. :)

In this case, you posted in the wrong forum originally and your title violates rule #8. So please read #8 and adjust your title (make it more accurate and descriptive of your topic) so it fits the criteria as described.

On offense: Draw plays, screens or any play that exploits their strength on defense which is their push off the line. It seems they can get up field rather quickly so use that against them. The other thing is to throw deep. Make their safetys stay in coverage. If they have no fear of getting burned over the top, their gonna stack the box and stuff most running plays.

On defense:Containing their running game shouldn't be too hard except inside the 10 yard line when MBIII has the ball. The kid has a nack for finding the endzone.

As far as their passing game is concerned, you can slow them down, but your gonna get beat deep at least once. The key is not only to pressure Romo sits to pee but to hit him and rough him up as much as possible. He still may complete the pass but he will quickly realise that each pass play comes with a price. If I were GWilliams, I would have #30 in his face all game. Like body shots in a boxing match, those hits will have more of an effect later in the game.

Shoot I would tell Laron to hide in the parking lot and hit Romo sits to pee when he stepped off the team bus.:dallasuck

Good luck with trying to pressure Romo sits to pee.

Hey another Cowboys fan coming out of the woodwork now they are 3-0...wow, that's original!!

I think the key to beating the Cowboys is the same as it was to beating the greatest show on turf -- keep the offense off the field with a strong running game, play physical defense.

I really believe the Redskins match up well with the Cowboys.

The Key to beating the cowboys is to out game plan Jason Garret. Which is no easy task since he will be more than happy to take what the Defense is giving him. He is not stuck on running or passing the ball. Whatever works best he will do. Chicago presssured Romo sits to pee and he was able to get away from most of it but if you hope to have any chance then you have to pressure him WITHOUT blitzing. If you blitz him you will pay.

On defense attack the corners keep them on their heels the whole game. Make them unsure of what is going on.

The Cowboys need to get through the Month of November, then we'll talk. They'll likely go in 5-0 against the Pats, but could be in a position of 5-2 come bye week. November is when the rubber meets the road: Cowboys v. NFC (Beast). If they get through that month no problem, I'll assert that they're the best team in the NFC.

Hey another Cowboys fan coming out of the woodwork now they are 3-0...wow, that's original!!

I think the key to beating the Cowboys is the same as it was to beating the greatest show on turf -- keep the offense off the field with a strong running game, play physical defense.

I really believe the Redskins match up well with the Cowboys.

you couldn't even beat the giants what makes you so sure you will beat the boys lol, the good old delusional skin fans you guys crack me up every year.

you couldn't even beat the giants what makes you so sure you will beat the boys lol, the good old delusional skin fans you guys crack me up every year.

Actually, I agree with Riggo#44 here. Of the Cowboys 3 division opponents, the Redskins might match up the best. (I say 'might' because I don't think anybody knows what to expect from Philly next week or next month.) Its just like in boxing, when they say "Styles make fights." In football, its all about matchups.

Coupla big 'ifs' in there. Nobody has actually stopped the Cowboys offense yet, so the 'Skins need to play the game of their life on D. Just forcing a couple of turnovers, a few punts and forcing the Cowboys to settle for field goals once in a while is about the best they can hope for. But if they get enough stops, they could hold the Cowboys to, say, 20 points.

Another big if now is the right side of that OL. The Redskins are really gonna need a power running game (I'm talking 35-40 attempts) to hang with the Cowboys. The Redskins are very good at putting themselves in 3rd and short. They run a lot and throw a lot of short, quick passes, and are usually pretty successful in keeping Campbell out of 3rd and long situations. So when Campbell completes 54% of his passes on 3rd down, that translates pretty directly to the Redskins 44% 3rd down conversion rate.

If the Redskins can do that - keep everything in front of them on defense, keep the scoring low, and control the ball and the clock on offense, then they'll have a shot in the 4th quarter. And it just might be another one of those bombs to Moss that we're all so familiar with that kills the Cowboys.

Of course, if the Cowboys hang 45 or 37 or 34 on them, they have no chance.

I typically don't respond to trolls who show up when the Cowboys are winning, and then disappear when they don't, but yes they lost to the Giants. A game they should have won.

The Cowboys will have a couple of these this season, especially with that defense. Will you be here when they do?

Archived