Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observations from Section 119 Row 18 (Giants game)

#98QBKiller

This weekend I sat in the lower level for the first time ever. The 400 sections will NEVER be the same. Despite the fact that this game started out optimistic and ended in disappointment, I'm having a hard time grasping why everyone feels the sky is falling.

Personally, I was ripped by the loss for about 24 hours because it was my first time sitting so close and all I wanted was a victory to take with me and brag about at work the next day.

Anyway, here are some things I noticed from being so close...

1) Some fans need to learn to SHUT UP when the offense is making a drive. During that last drive when JC hit Moss and when he hit Randle-El, the crowd got so damn loud that the offense couldn't hear JC's signals. I saw either Sellers or Betts motion to the crowd to quiet down during that drive, I just don't understand how some fans can be that stupid, especially when there's a HUGE jumbotron that clearly says "QUIET OFFENSE AT WORK"

2) Rock Cartwright is an animal when it comes to kick returns. I don't know what it was but sitting so close I could actually see him juke and move inside the crowds of players while running back and damn he's good.

3) Despite the injuries, our offensive line RUNS OVER people.

4) The 3rd down pass interference call on Shawn Springs looked phantom from where I was sitting, not sure what it looked like on tv, but when they showed the replay in the stadium no one could believe it.

Also, our defense is sharp, they were swarming and just could only take so much playing time in the 2nd half. I think that if the offense would have controlled the ball more, the defense could have sealed things up.

I think everyone should chill and look forward to the Lions game. I'm pretty sure that if we grab a lead, we're going to try and continue to light up the board and take the victory. Our guys are pissed too and they're going to come back with a vengence on the 7th.

:lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck: :lionsuck:

4) The 3rd down pass interference call on Shawn Springs looked phantom from where I was sitting, not sure what it looked like on tv, but when they showed the replay in the stadium no one could believe it.

If I remeber from replay I think Springs did hit him a bit early.

Im still bitter from the loss, could not believe it! I dont want to play close games, or be humble with other teams! I want to win, win, win and win it all! Its a loss, sad one that we should have had but its behind us now and we need to worry about lions and damn kitna throwing for 400+ yards! Go for all out win or nothing at all!!!!!!

Here's something I think everybody needs to consider.

The team was averaging something like 160 yards per game before we played the Giants. Then, all of a sudden, we only gain like 80 total yards rushing against one of the worst defenses in the league.

This had to have been an abberation.

There's no way we're all of a sudden going to have a terrible run game with our O-line and Clinton Portis/Ladell Betts running. Sunday was a one game deal, our strength is the run, we know what it can do and it will get us back on track when we play the Lions.

I have sat in 132 since the stadium opened, and lower level at RFK for 20+ years. There is no other way to see a game. I would not go if I had to sit in the 400s. I don't mean to be a seat snob, but it is not worth it way up there

i've sat in every level. nothing is better as far as actually seeing the game than the middle of the endzone in the 400's.

i've sat in every level. nothing is better as far as actually seeing the game than the middle of the endzone in the 400's.

I've sat in that area before, and the 119 seats I had were just on the 25 yard line and they were by far the best view I've ever had. I didn't have to look up at the jumbotron at all.

1) Some fans need to learn to SHUT UP when the offense is making a drive. During that last drive when JC hit Moss and when he hit Randle-El, the crowd got so damn loud that the offense couldn't hear JC's signals. I saw either Sellers or Betts motion to the crowd to quiet down during that drive, I just don't understand how some fans can be that stupid, especially when there's a HUGE jumbotron that clearly says "QUIET OFFENSE AT WORK"

Couldn't agree more. I was dumbfounded when people were being so loud not just on an offensive drive, but on one that was so crucial. Sadly, we shouldn't need a sign on the Jumbotron for people to know to be quiet when the QB is at the line.

I've sat in that area before, and the 119 seats I had were just on the 25 yard line and they were by far the best view I've ever had. I didn't have to look up at the jumbotron at all.

i don't know. i'll admit, i've sat in the lower bowl, but never any closer to the middle than the 10 yard line. but i stand on the sidelines of high school games all the time, and i think you see so much more up top.

Here's something I think everybody needs to consider.

The team was averaging something like 160 yards per game before we played the Giants. Then, all of a sudden, we only gain like 80 total yards rushing against one of the worst defenses in the league.

This had to have been an abberation.

There's no way we're all of a sudden going to have a terrible run game with our O-line and Clinton Portis/Ladell Betts running. Sunday was a one game deal, our strength is the run, we know what it can do and it will get us back on track when we play the Lions.

WHEN YOU GO TO WORK OR DO ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME OUTCOME ON WHAT YOU DO. IS IT PERFECT EVERY TIME, LIKE RACEHORSE DONT WIN EVERY RACE, RUNNING GAME ARE HUMANS THEY DONT PERFORM THE SAME EVERYDAY

Just a note about this.

Betts and Sellers were indeed motioning for the fans to calm down, but this was after the Giants had called their timeout and we were on commercial break. If you noticed, and if you are not a regular at the stadium you might not, the stadium got much quieter when the guy with the big orange gloves started moving his arms. That is the signal that we are back from commercial and the play can proceed. Until that time there was no reason to be quiet. And the jumbotron sign is as unnecessary as Kessler telling us that "it's third and long." We know when to cheer and when to be quiet.

Just a note about this.

Betts and Sellers were indeed motioning for the fans to calm down, but this was after the Giants had called their timeout and we were on commercial break. If you noticed, and if you are not a regular at the stadium you might not, the stadium got much quieter when the guy with the big orange gloves started moving his arms. That is the signal that we are back from commercial and the play can proceed. Until that time there was no reason to be quiet. And the jumbotron sign is as unnecessary as Kessler telling us that "it's third and long." We know when to cheer and when to be quiet.

I wasn't aware that we were on a commercial break when Betts or Sellers motioned, but fans were still screaming when they were about to snap the ball.

But as far as everyone knowing when to cheer and when to be quiet, I didn't see that at all. I was proud of how loud we were whenever the Giants had the ball but people were going nuts when our offense had the ball on that last drive especially after the Moss and Randle-El receptions.

I was very excited myself but damn, our offense has to hear what Campbell is calling when we're in no-huddle.

I have season tickets in 119 last row and love the seats. Did you happen to see the guy with the Jacoby jersey (girlfriend wearing DTC 2007 shirt)? He basically yelled at every Giant fan that walked by. Or maybe the fight in 219? It was as entertaining as the terrible second half offense.

Archived