Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-1, second place in the NFC East.

freakofthesouth

I'll start by saying that I am just as disappointed as everyone else about our loss. It's always hard to stomach squandering such a significant lead.

I'd like to add some points here, though. Sometimes, you have to give it up for the competition: the Giants were staring 0-3 in the face, and with the season on the line, they came out and played very well. This game was do-or-die for the Giants, and frankly, they outplayed the Skins in the second half.

Also, I would say that as a team, we were overconfident going into this game. We had a great first half, and then our coaching, etc, showed that we just tried to coast through the second half. After seeing the second half stats late in the game, you could clearly see that we were doing nothing to keep our D off the field.

Moreover, we can't blame our defense. They played admirably, forcing 3 turnovers, getting solid pressure on Eli, and really showed that we have a great group there. Let's all try and understand that if you leave a defense on the field for as long as they were, even the '86 Bears would have given up points.

I'm also reading that everyone is unhappy with our fellow fans and how they left early, etc. Well, I can almost guarantee that those fans don't post on this website. Look, the world if full of all different kinds of folks. The fair-weather fans are just that...fair-weather. We can all understand that it has been difficult being a Redskin fan this past decade or so. So, just give yourself a pat on the back for being such a good fan, rather that get aimlessly angry at the masses for not caring about football as much as you do.

So here we are, at 2-1, second place in the NFC East. Hey, not bad. Could be worse. Has been worse, plenty of times. We have showed some flashes of excellence through 3 weeks. Some great defense, some solid throws by our young QB, and some proficiency with the ground game. We stole a game from Philly in their house, and as always, the NFC East is competitive.

So let's just try, on this crappy ol' Monday, to see the longview this week. Going into our bye, we have things to address, and they will be addressed. Then, we host the Lions, who were molested by an Eagles team that was also in a do-or-die situation. We have a good chance to take that game, and head into Lambeau for a big NFC showdown.

Again, my point is this- such is the NFL. The parity in this league creates such unpredictable results. And ultimately, all we can do is watch, and have faith in our team. So snap out of it Extremeskins. I hate to see you all like this!

Agree with you. In the NFC East, you never know what could happen. We always beat each other up and usually split a series in the division. It was a rival game, we came short on, but on the flipside, we are 2-1 and in second place. I say this will be a tough tough division this season.

Agree with you. In the NFC East, you never know what could happen. We always beat each other up and usually split a series in the division. It was a rival game, we came short on, but on the flipside, we are 2-1 and in second place. I say this will be a tough tough division this season.

Indeed brotha. :cheers:

Our division will always be strong, and to be honest, I am kinda proud of it.

So let's just try, on this crappy ol' Monday, to see the longview this week. Going into our bye, we have things to address, and they will be addressed. Then, we host the Lions, who were molested by an Eagles team that was also in a do-or-die situation. We have a good chance to take that game, and head into Lambeau for a big NFC showdown.

please. We can't get to the QB.. Kitna will light us up like a xmas tree. Sad but true. Our defense hasn't improved one bit from last year. the only reason we won the first 2 games is because the other team lost the game by dropping passes. not because our defense beat them. Im a die hard fan, but I know what I see. We have a sporatic offense and a shaky defense... yet again. :(

Good post.

I htink most of us when we looked at the schedule back in April would have been SUPER DUPER HAPPY to get to our bye at 2-1...we just figured it would be a loss to the eagles and a win over the Giants.

But 2-1 puts us in great shape. Sunday night the Eagles play the Giants and one of them will drop to 1-3 where as the other will get back to .500 after an 0-2 start.

Maybe Steven Jackson while get his head outta you know where and help us out when the Rams travel to Dallas...I'm not counting on it...but hey, never hurts to hope.

I'll take 2-1 people!

I can't wait until later in the week when everyone will come to their senses. This loss will be tough to swallow, but it'll eventually happen, and once it does all will be well on this site. 2-1 is a good thing, I had us starting off 2-1 anyway with a loss to the Eagles but a win at home. It just reversed, that's all. We're alright.

please. We can't get to the QB.. Kitna will light us up like a xmas tree. Sad but true. Our defense hasn't improved one bit from last year. the only reason we won the first 2 games is because the other team lost the game by dropping passes. not because our defense beat them. Im a die hard fan, but I know what I see. We have a sporatic offense and a shaky defense... yet again. :(

Sad...but true. Again.

You're right. We played 2 hard fought games and just threw this one away. You can't do that against a division rival...especially a division rival with a clearly much weaker team. We'll be lucky to go 8-8.

OK. :rolleyes:

Eli throws 2 pics, we force a fumble, and get 2 sacks.

By all means though, please continue to feel miserable if you want.

There's no way to logically respond to this, plus I'm laughing too hard to type much more...:rolleyes:

The way philly and NY and dallas are now playing, their wide open offense will blow our shaky defense apart. On top of that, our close-to-the-vest refuse to use our talent offensive scheme will never put up enough points to compete with them. The Giants scored enough points to beat us in 30 minutes... If we don't open things up we will quickly be at the bottom.

I'm stunned...could this actually be a calm and intelligent thread? :yikes:

Very well put, hopefully posts like these become a trend. Sometimes those fair-weather fans can be just as frustrating as a loss to me :laugh: We're still in a good spot, I'll take 2-1 and second place for now. Let's see how the Cowgirls do against NY this coming week.

HTTR!

:point2sky

The main point is that this would have been a HUGE game. Beating the G-men to send them to 0-3 and the skins going to 3-0. I wanted to see this team annihilate NY, humiliate them, like they did in 2005 when they beat the skins 36-0....

The Skins just dont have the offense to do this, I guess and the Giants didnt either this season, until they played the Skins.

The G-men wanted this game more and ***** slapped the Skins into submission.

Everyone also should remember the course of our 2005 season. There were rough times, but we came through. We lost 36-0 to a team that year, 36-0. We lost 36-0 and still came back that year to make the playoffs. We even lost a bad one at home to the Raiders, it happens. Have some confidence in this team, guys.

There's no way to logically respond to this, plus I'm laughing too hard to type much more...:rolleyes:
OK. :rolleyes:

Eli throws 2 pics, we force a fumble, and get 2 sacks.

By all means though, please continue to feel miserable if you want.

Agreed. A moronic statement at best. We have 4 turnovers and 7 sacks through 3 games. We only had 12 and 19 in 16 games. The defense is NOT the problem. They were tired. I guess unknowledgable football fans think we can get 10 sacks a game. Happens about once a year for each team. Some people are looking at the Philly game. So what? They had the game of their careers if you ask me and it won't happen again. The D is solid. The Special Teams are solid. The O is not the problem. It's the conservative play calling.

Good post.

I htink most of us when we looked at the schedule back in April would have been SUPER DUPER HAPPY to get to our bye at 2-1...we just figured it would be a loss to the eagles and a win over the Giants.

But 2-1 puts us in great shape. Sunday night the Eagles play the Giants and one of them will drop to 1-3 where as the other will get back to .500 after an 0-2 start.

Maybe Steven Jackson while get his head outta you know where and help us out when the Rams travel to Dallas...I'm not counting on it...but hey, never hurts to hope.

I'll take 2-1 people!

I was thinking 2-1 at this point also, with Philly being the loss. I think we're still in good shape at 2-1, but we can't lay another egg against the Lions. The thing that bothers everyone is, we expected to lose to Philly, but when we didn't, it was a great opportunity to go 3-0 and we layed an egg. That's what's so damn frustrating about this team for years. We beat teams we shouldn't, then lose to teams we should beat. We have no killer instinct.

I was thinking 2-1 at this point also, with Philly being the loss. I think we're still in good shape at 2-1, but we can't lay another egg against the Lions. The thing that bothers everyone is, we expected to lose to Philly, but when we didn't, it was a great opportunity to go 3-0 and we layed an egg. That's what's so damn frustrating about this team for years. We beat teams we shouldn't, then lose to teams we should beat. We have no killer instinct.

Well, we didn't lay an egg...IMO, that's a 0(egg). We squandered a solid lead that should have been maintained. Agreed, we showed no killer instinct. Yet, you'll find that this occasionally happens with pretty much every team...again, there is so much parity in the NFL, these things happen week in and week out.

Guest sith lord

Where are you guys getting the "we beat each other up and we usually split a series in the division" from? Ever since Gibbs 1 ended, we've been the NFC East whipping boys.

Then, we host the Lions, who were molested by an Eagles team that was also in a do-or-die situation.

:laugh: This conjures up an image of a giant cartoon eagle flying down and humping the back of a giant cartoon lion's head while the lion hops around and tries to shake the bird off....yeah I'm a twisted SOB.

Have some confidence in this team, guys.

I would love to, trust me. I'm no fair-weather fan. But I feel I am also realistic and am a very good judge of what I see out of my boys. The first 2 games we won, the oppenents WR's were getting way to open, and if they didn't drop balls, the game would have had a different outcome most likely. Seriously. Go back and watch the tapes. Miami it was their recievers dropping balls. Philly it was a few drops and horrible throws by mcnabb on open recievers. We won, which is nice, but thats not all that matters to me. I want my team to play better, not get by on the mistakes of the opposition. Last night, 1st half, if burress and company wouldnt have dropped so many balls, we wouldnt have been ahead at the half like we were, but we got lucky with drops. I wish our recievers could get open more often, cause we would catch em! :)

BTW, the interception last night was a clear result of pressure on their QB, and the QB making a poor decision, (which pressure causes obviously) We need ALOT more of it tho, because when you give any QB enough time to go through his reads, he will carve up even the best secondary. Unfortunately ours isn't more than mediocre, so we REALLY need a better pass rush.

Something good from last night tho.. Jason Campbell looks to be progressing nicely, and our special teams were great giving us great field position over and over :)

Archived