Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-1, second place in the NFC East.

freakofthesouth

The way philly and NY and dallas are now playing, their wide open offense will blow our shaky defense apart. On top of that, our close-to-the-vest refuse to use our talent offensive scheme will never put up enough points to compete with them. The Giants scored enough points to beat us in 30 minutes... If we don't open things up we will quickly be at the bottom.

Um didnt we just take philly less than a week ago?

who ever said anything about kitna lighting us up is smoking something really good. i want whatever you are smoking... =) i keeeed. in all seriousness, this was a great post and i agree totally, i am very depressed on this monday and very disappointed in the play calling in the 2nd half.

but thats the past and looking back on how everything panned out in the past 3 games we are on a good track. There are still a lot of things our team needs to address but that will be addressed during the course of this much needed bye week from such a loss.

Our defense is more than capable of stopping offenses, its a matter of them staying on the field too long because the offense did not convert. More over, our qb showed poise during most possessions and did not give up a big play late. ok maybe one where his exchange with portis was fumbled. Portis not being in on the last few plays was beyond me and beyond most of you. I dont know if there is an answer for that but when we come back and play the lions i better see a barage of portis.

All in all we were out played in the second half. it was all about emotion and how much they wanted to win that game... im not saying the redskins didnt but the giants seemed like they wanted it more than us and so the game went their way. NFC east games are always gonna be tough, and there are always no easy games in the NFL.

"they dont suck man, they are players in the NFL" -chad johnson.

Have a great bye week and bring on the ***** cats.. i mean lions.

2-1 is nothing to be ashamed of.

There are a few kinks to work out. This team is far from perfect but they WILL rebound. Does anybody here remember the 2005 season when we won five straight at the end to go to the playoffs? We did that with an offense that somewhat resembles the one we have now.

Stop hitting the damn panic button.

2-1 in the NFC east with the worst offense and the worst quarterback. Fantastic!

That's not true.

We have a young quarterback and a damn good offense. There are just some things that need to be worked on. The Cowboys are not as great as advertised. Look at the teams they beat.

Bears- Overrated

Dolphins- Who hasn't beat them?

Giants- They were struggling and still put up a good fight

I think the Skins' and Cowboys are on lock for first and second place in this division. We'll find out more when the Cowgirls play Philly.

That's not true.

We have a young quarterback and a damn good offense. There are just some things that need to be worked on. The Cowboys are not as great as advertised. Look at the teams they beat.

Bears- Overrated

Dolphins- Who hasn't beat them?

Giants- They were struggling and still put up a good fight

I think the Skins' and Cowboys are on lock for first and second place in this division. We'll find out more when the Cowgirls play Philly.

We absolutely have the worst offense and quarterback in the NFC east.

2-1 is good, but when we know that deep down we should be 3-0 right now after being up 14 at half, at home, over a division rival, its a tough pill to swallow. As long as we beat the Lions at home, we will be okay, but this scenario kind of reminds me of how people felt after we lost to the Giants last year and fell to 2-3. We were playing the winless Titans at home the next week and most of us (including me) thought we were guarenteed to get back to .500 at 3-3, and we all know how that turned out.:(

I see some people still want our young QB to put up Brady, Peyton Manning type numbers. This is his 10th start. Look at the numbers Brady put up in 10 starts. Look at P. Mannings numbers after 10 starts. They weren't so great. Let's let the young'n get his sealegs.

Ye' who have little faith.

I think that title goes to the Giants. Yes, they stomped us in the second half yesterday. I don't think that warrants giving them the label of having a great offense. They just saw some holes in our defense and executed.

We say Philly stomp the Lions yesterday with 56 points. Come on.. think about this. THEY PLAYED THE LIONS!

There is no doubt that the Cowboys have a good offense. They did, however, play a overrated Bears team.

It's early; time will tell where our offense stands.

I see some people still want our young QB to put up Brady, Peyton Manning type numbers. This is his 10th start. Look at the numbers Brady put up in 10 starts. Look at P. Mannings numbers after 10 starts. They weren't so great. Let's let the young'n get his sealegs.

More than 190 passing yards and 40 something percent completion percentage isn't Peyton-like, it's mediocre. And JC can't even achieve mediocrity.

15-1 aint too bad!!!!!

Would be nice, but that will NEVER happen under this regime.

Even looking at the schedule I really dont see us doing better than 10-6 the way everything is playing out, UNLESS we have big changes during the bye week.If we beat the Lions that matchup against the Packers will be BIG!

10/7 vs. Lions 1pm ET FOX

10/14 @ Packers 1pm ET FOX

10/21 vs. Cardinals 1pm ET FOX

10/28 @ Patriots 4:15pm ET FOX

11/4 @ Jets 1pm ET FOX

11/11 vs. Eagles 1pm ET FOX

11/18 @ Cowboys 1pm ET FOX

11/25 @ Buccaneers 1pm ET FOX

12/2 vs. Bills 1pm ET CBS

12/6 vs. Bears 8:15pm ET NFL Network

12/16 @ Giants 8:15pm ET NBC

12/23 @ Vikings 1pm ET FOX

12/30 vs. Cowboys 1pm ET FOX

Well, we didn't lay an egg...IMO, that's a 0(egg). We squandered a solid lead that should have been maintained. Agreed, we showed no killer instinct. Yet, you'll find that this occasionally happens with pretty much every team...again, there is so much parity in the NFL, these things happen week in and week out.

That's a Goose Egg. No, we didn't lay a Goose Egg, but it was at least a duck egg. I know there's alot of parity, but the great teams overcome the parity issues. I know we're not a great team, but look at NE, Pitt and Dallass. They put the pedal down and don't let up until the final gun sounds.

OK. :rolleyes:

Eli throws 2 pics, we force a fumble, and get 2 sacks.

By all means though, please continue to feel miserable if you want.

seriously, our D played great yesterday. except for a few plays which every team has.

our offense played great for 30 minutes. the only problem is that the game lasts for 60.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!

sorry, but players still have to execute, im sure they dont have plays designed to go 3 and out on a series.

If you're going to quote me and respond, at least have the decency to post the whole quote. Cherry picking one sentence in a paragraph is not a proper response.

I WILL not cherry pick your quote and say, yes they didn't execute. And Nobody's that stupid to believe our offense is designed to go three and out. But 4 passes and 7 runs on the first 4 possessions of the 2nd half IS playing conservative. 17 passes and 3 runs on the last 2 possessions were needed being behind with limited time on the clock.

Would be nice, but that will NEVER happen under this regime.

Even looking at the schedule I really dont see us doing better than 10-6 the way everything is playing out, UNLESS we have big changes during the bye week.If we beat the Lions that matchup against the Packers will be BIG!

10/7 vs. Lions 1pm ET FOX

10/14 @ Packers 1pm ET FOX

10/21 vs. Cardinals 1pm ET FOX

10/28 @ Patriots 4:15pm ET FOX

11/4 @ Jets 1pm ET FOX

11/11 vs. Eagles 1pm ET FOX

11/18 @ Cowboys 1pm ET FOX

11/25 @ Buccaneers 1pm ET FOX

12/2 vs. Bills 1pm ET CBS

12/6 vs. Bears 8:15pm ET NFL Network

12/16 @ Giants 8:15pm ET NBC

12/23 @ Vikings 1pm ET FOX

12/30 vs. Cowboys 1pm ET FOX

That Packers game is starting to look a lot tougher now..

And the Patriots? Wow...

If you're going to quote me and respond, at least have the decency to post the whole quote. Cherry picking one sentence in a paragraph is not a proper response.

I WILL not cherry pick your quote and say, yes they didn't execute. And Nobody's that stupid to believe our offense is designed to go three and out. But 4 passes and 7 runs on the first 4 possessions of the 2nd half IS playing conservative. 17 passes and 3 runs on the last 2 possessions were needed being behind with limited time on the clock.

i had that happen to me last week. it irks me when people just pick and choose thru your comments like they can twist what you said into their own words.

i was sitting next to a buddy at the bar and we both said we needed a deep pass and BAM, deep ball to moss. completion. it amazes me that we as fans can see things that the coaches who are on the field cant.

that stretch of 4 of 5 games on the road will be tough with @NE, @Jets, Philly, @Dallas, and @TB...we could possibly lose all 5 games

the early part of the schedule we need to do really well, which is why yesterday's loss will be huge...now if we lose to Detroit and @GB then it will be another long season...we need to find a way to pull out the W in the next 3 games before the tough part of the schedule

Archived