Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins' Oustanding D

skinsfan2021

In case those retards over at espn forgot we have only allowed 1 TD all season... Unless I'm mistaken I believe that we are the only team in Pro football that hasn't allowed more than 1 TD.

Thoughts?

P.S. ST's hit on Reggie Brown was monstrous and ESPN thought that it didn't deserve a Replay:doh:

In case those retards over at espn forgot we have only allowed 1 TD all season... Unless I'm mistaken I believe that we are the only team in Pro football that hasn't allowed more than 1 TD.

Thoughts?

P.S. ST's hit on Reggie Brown was monstrous and ESPN thought that it didn't deserve a Replay:doh:

Thats because they were too busy going over the life and times of Andy Reid and his drug addict children!

I completely agree. Still don't have one through 2 games.

Well, we have 1. Rocky forced a fumble against the 'Fins. No interceptions yet though. Hell i'll take it, we aren't giving up the big play and we're giving our offense a chance to win the games

We are -2 right now.

Yet still 2-0. Such a good sign. Sooner or later these turnovers gotta start balancing out our way. If we've won 2 games coming out on the wrong end of the turnover battle, imagine what would happen if we have more takeaways than the opposing team. With this hard hitting secondary and linebacking crew, we should start seeing some fumbles soon.

Kornheiser had a couple of funny lines, especially the analogy...

"Joe Gibbs is to Washington as Rocky Balboa is to Philadelphia, except Gibbs is REAL!"

Then he had the halftime remark about blowing Wilbon up.

As for Barkley, awful. And he would NEVER leave! Why was he in the booth that long. My fiancee was halfway watching the game said "Who is that fat guy in the middle?" And I said, "former basketball player who played in Philly?" And she responded with the obvious "so why is he commenting a football game?"

Shame on you. Didn't you realize it's much more important to talk about Andy Reid's parenting skills and Charles Barkley's politics?

Hey, you forgot about Barkley's asking Jaws whether knowing who's going to blitz really helps in football or not. (And then arguing with his answer.)

(And even arguing with Jaws, after they showed a replay of a play that QB Jaws ran for a TD, where Jaws stated that he threw that ball where he did, because one of the Eagle's coaches had cracked the opponent's signals, and had signaled Jaws that the D had called a safety blitz, and therefore there wasn't going to be a Safety covering the deep middle.)

On the topic of our defense, some points:

#6 in PPG allowed

#6 in total points allowed

#14 in plays allowed (a much over-looked stat IMO)

#16 in YDS/G

#11 in YDS/Play

#3(T) for 3rd down coversions allowed

#12 in penalty yards (HUGE for the Redskins)

Occording to Football Outsiders, our defensive rank is #3 in the NFL based on our defensive showings against the opponents we've faced. FO does pretty interesting work in determining their rankings, and it's great to see us ranked so highly by them. Based on their DAVE ranking (pre-season + 2 regular season games' stats projected over the season), we're ranked #1 in defense - #3 against the pass and #1 against the run. Let's hope we prove them right.

Archived