Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beginning of end for Eagles?

IMissHeathShuler

As I was at the Linc tonite, and observing what a mausoleum the play resembled, I couldn't help but think...tonite was the official downhill slide for the Andy Reid/Donovan McNabb era in Philly. I really don't see any upside for either one at this point, and I think it's safe to say that one, if not both's days are numbered in Philly.

the sad thing is mcnabb is only 75%.... they should expect him not to be himself. they are morons for getting rid of garcia

Garcia looked good yesterday for the Bucs. Once again, McNabb whines and Garcia is gone. He gets what he wants but he can't handle it.

From reading what their fans had to say on a few of their message boards, they are fearing the same as well. I thought they were done in 2005, and I felt like 2006 took a lot of luck from that team. I think this year the effects of a few bad drafts and the overall improvement of the rest of the NFC in general is starting to take it's toll on the Eagles. McNugget is still hurt, they have crap in terms of WR's, and the best player on their defense has to start aging eventually. When they lose Dawkins I think a lot of the players on that defense will start looking worse. They can't fix the problems in one draft and they are too cheap to try and fix something in free agency. They made a big mistake getting Bunkley and Justice a couple of years ago...as a result they have great depth on the O-and D lines and nobody to catch the football or play linebacker.

I think their time is done, and that the dominant forces in the NFC East are the Skins and Cowboys.

If they ever run Westbrook more, they'll be good until either McNabb or Westbrook retires.

There's a lot of football left this season.

Not running WB until his legs fell off last night, especially with the numbers he was putting up, was mind boggling.

You are correct. 0-2 sucks, but McNabb can't get worse. There were some positives, the run D, running game, etc, and AR has shown a great phenomenal ability to regroup his team. Let's hope that happens quickly.

This is NOT the Eagles defense of old. And it can't be attributed solely to the absence of Lito Shepard. I think the new LB corps for the Eagles so far is worse than the old corps. Bunkley is still not developing into anything substantial. And if last night wasn't a sign of Dawkins dropping off, I don't know what is.

Meanwhile the Eagles are having the same problems on offense. They can't run Westbrook as much as they want because he'd wear down and not last the season, and don't have a quality RB to compliment. They have no WRs besides Westbrook that can step up. And now McNaab isn't anywhere near is superstar ability due to injury.

Now I'm basing this mostly on what I watched Monday night which is only one game. But unless some of what I wrote above was some strange MNF aberration, something I find hard to belive in primetime, then the Eagles are on their way down, at least to mediocrity where most of the league sits.

Archived