Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I Get a Hooray for the Kicking Game!!

alexey

Frost was surprisingly good today. I hope today wasn't the anomoly but the standard.

I've been critically analyzing Frost for the last year and a half. Upon the advent of my analysis I refused to call her Derrick, only Dick. Since then he's earned his name back with consistent, effective punting.

Derrick is a legit, big-time punter. No anomaly in my opinion. Suishum is still TBD in my book with respect nerve only. He's got the skill, that much is patently obvious in my opinion.

I'm not going to rain on the parade here, because I'm happy with how Suisham performed. That being said, Suisham is not someone like Adam Vinatieri, who has come through countless times in the clutch. The call in OT to kick a FG from 40 yards out...I was very against this. We were getting 6-7 yards per carry every time we rushed it, and I really think we should have just kept running the ball. Punch it in or let Suisham make an extra point length kick. By that point, the Dolphins D could not stop Portis or Betts.

All that being said, I'm glad he made the kick, and I'm glad he looked solid.

I'm not going to rain on the parade here, because I'm happy with how Suisham performed. That being said, Suisham is not someone like Adam Vinatieri, who has come through countless times in the clutch. The call in OT to kick a FG from 40 yards out...I was very against this. We were getting 6-7 yards per carry every time we rushed it, and I really think we should have just kept running the ball. Punch it in or let Suisham make an extra point length kick. By that point, the Dolphins D could not stop Portis or Betts.

All that being said, I'm glad he made the kick, and I'm glad he looked solid.

I understand your point. But how do we know he won't. He has impressed the heck out of me from day one of training camp. We seemed to have found a lot of inexpensive and young talent this year. And we didn't over pay for a kicker (or a muffler). ;)

Gibbs explained in his Presser that he has lost 3 games in the past 3 years because he wanted to get closer and ended up getting a Holding Call that backed them up 10 yards, or they turned it over...basicly the game was lost trying to get an extra 10 yards. He had a lot of confidense in SwissCheesum to nail it. And did he ever. Not only was it dead on center, but had a good 10 yards to spare!

I was also puzzled by the call to kick it on 1st down from the 39. Until I saw Gibbs presser and I probably would have done the same.

Why Swishy? Why not SwissCheesum? :laugh:

Archived