Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYC Skins fans...Red Sky Bar (see video)

LaRou

There's a new Skins bar in NYC.

Red Sky Bar

47 East 29th St. (btwn Park & Madison)

212-447-1820

http://redskynyc.com

There are going to show the game with sound, they have drink/food specials, and they are doing it up and going the whole nine yards on this. They'll have a large projection TV and other TVs setup around the bar...of course, there will be sound. But they are definitely enthusiastic and 100% committed to the Skins.

But it looks like a pretty cool place and you can't beat the name.

:cheers:

Dude that place is awesome! We should totally do redsky for the games this year.

That being said, where is everyone meeting for skins game week 1, dorian's or redsky?

I have a poll on the redskins.meetup.com site.

Join up and vote!

http://redskins.meetup.com/17/polls/93134/

edit: I just spoke to Heather, who runs the show at Red Sky, and she is very enthusiastic about hosting a Skins bar.

Are those three flat screens behind the bar the only TVs in the place? They are on the small side.

They're also putting up a large projection TV.

This is the first year they're doing this and they want to see what kind of turnout they're gonna get. I'm sure they will be amenable to our needs if we have a great showing.

So I'm hoping for a big turnout.

They're also putting up a large projection TV.

This is the first year they're doing this and they want to see what kind of turnout they're gonna get. I'm sure they will be amenable to our needs if we have a great showing.

So I'm hoping for a big turnout.

Me + roommate will be there, in full redskins gear!

LaRou, you may want to show them the schedule. The first few weeks (after the opener) won't be great for biz. We have a Sunday night game, a game against the Giants (televised locally), and a bye week. Make sure they know that things will pickup bigtime in October.

No worries...I explained it to her. She's aware that this is a last minute change for many people and that the week 2 game is nationally televised.

She's cool with it.

I have a very good feeling about this place...and I'm not even gonna fiddle with Dorrian's.

Well, I'm actually going to the game in DC, but I voted for Red Sky in the meetup poll because a) I am really hoping for a good showing so that this place takes off and can replace the greatness that was Mercury last season and B) I just forwarded this to a group of friends (at least 4-5 will show up) who I usually watch the skins with who now are going to Red Sky this sunday (so I voted in their place).

This is outstanding--they even have the skins on their website. Great find Rou--thanks as always for the hard legwork in putting these together.

Come on people, go to RedSky (if nothing else, it's got the name for the job of NYC's premier redskins bar)!!!

By the way....Dorrian's plans to put the Skins fans in the back of the bar so that other fans can see other games up front. Lame. They got lots of complaints from Giants & Jets fans last year and have wussed out.

I was iffy about Dorrian's from the beginning, but this plan (and Red Sky) have sealed the deal.

What up all,

I'm new to the area having recently relocated to North Jersey from Virginia for school and, long story short, I NEED to see my Skins. I've got a quick question:

Do ya think they'd let me hang around despite the fact that I wouldn't be giving them business by buying drinks? I see that they offer things other than alcohol, but I'm not sure how busy they'll be and if they'd just admit people they can load up with booze in addition to food.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'd rather get this straight before I attempt to make my way up there.

Thanks for your help in advance!

:phinsuck:

What up all,

I'm new to the area having recently relocated to North Jersey from Virginia for school and, long story short, I NEED to see my Skins. I've got a quick question:

Do ya think they'd let me hang around despite the fact that I wouldn't be giving them business by buying drinks? I see that they offer things other than alcohol, but I'm not sure how busy they'll be and if they'd just admit people they can load up with booze in addition to food.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'd rather get this straight before I attempt to make my way up there.

Thanks for your help in advance!

:phinsuck:

Yes, you can hang out and order nothing. It's a bar, not a restaurant. I'm sure they won't even notice.

Overall, it was a good experience. Would be interested in hearing other opinions.

They have promised to work with us and improve....especially now that we had a great turnout. Honestly, they didn't think the turnout would be THIS big.

I'll post some pics when my buddy posts them up.

Archived