Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Midgets not happy with Jansen's Contract

goldenster95

Well, well, well . . .

Those poor Midgets . . . first, they blow a 24 point lead and get shafted by the refs . . . now they're whining about the fact that Jansen's contract was a bit too pricey in setting a market value for re-signing their all-world left tackle Luke Petitgout . . .

What are you thinking now if you're Petitgout? . . . jeez, guess Accorsi was a little PO'd that he couldn't low ball me . . .

From the New York Post . . .

The starting offensive tackles, Luke Petitgout and Mike Rosenthal, are set to be unrestricted free agents on Feb. 28 and the Giants want them back. Petitgout, the left tackle, is a priority. The Giants were not thrilled when late in the season Redskins right tackle Jon Jansen set the market with a six-year, $25 million deal that included a signing bonus of $8 million. Petitgout will get more, figure close to the $5 million per year the Eagles' Jon Runyan makes.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/27994.htm

If Petitgout gets more than Jansen there's something wrong with the world. That he's a left tackle is certainly nice now, but he's not a true left tackle and he's not been as good as Jansen as a pro, despite going a little ahead of him.

If the Giants pay that big a contract for Petitgout, I'll be thrilled.

This is just the work of the Midgets pathetic management. They'll overpay for Petitigout because they don't know any better. Remember how much they payed for Sehorn in that extension, I bet they wish they could take that one back.

The funniest about that was they gave Sehorn that much money so he wouldn't go anywhere else, when no other teams in the league were interested in a has-been corner who gets burnt all the time. Hilarious!

Although I'm sure they've been laughing at some of the boneheaded moves we've made as well.

this is what happens when you have a team go farther than even their management thought they would.

if Accorsi could have forseen the 10-6 mark and playoff berth he would have tried to resign some of these players before the season started.

success has a way of driving the price up for what are under normal circumstances solid but not outstanding players.

If Pasquarelli doesn't think Jansen is among the top 10-15 tackles in the NFL (LT or RT), I can't see a case being made for Luke, who has not been nearly as consistent.

However, the Giants are going to have to pay a price to maintain continuity. That is what Luke's agent is counting on.

If the Giants had gone 6-10 and Luke had the same season he did, the team could have him back for under $3 million :)

LT is a tough spot to fill. If the Giants move on and don't resign him they are going to have to use a high pick in 2003 or go shopping in FA where the prices are going to be very high.

If the Giants were 6-10 that is what I think they would do, but there is going to be pressure from Collins, Barber and the staff to bring back these guys so they can make a better run in 2003.

That is going to be hard to resist.

C'mon now, 5 mill a year for Petitgout?

If I were the Giants I would say take what we offer or see ya. I'd like to see just how in demand Petitgout would be around the league. He's definitely not in the top tier of tackles, and not the kind of player that can command that type of money.

Archived