Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Games on TV, Coverage Map (MERGED)

Ant15fromNJ

Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf are doing our game. That's just wonderful. We wait all year for the opener and we have to listen to these clowns.

Your other choice is to get tickets and join the rest of us. That way you get to listen to the clowns in your section instead :silly: .

Has anybody posted the TV coverage map for this sunday? I'm trying to confirm that the skins will be playing in the Baltimore area.

It doesn't appear they are. It looks like Pittburgh vs Cleveland will be shown in Baltimore per the link posted earlier in this thread.

Hey all,

I'm in New Jersey currently, but will most likely be moving to North Carolina in the next 6 months. My question, for anyone that knows, are skins games commonly broadcast in North Carolina?

I currently have had to subscribe to the Sunday Ticket to watch them play, but I'm afraid that where I'm going I won't be able to get a satellite dish installed.

Any extremeskins members from NC willing to fill me in on how bleak my chances are of catching the games on cable next season?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

I'm in New Jersey currently, but will most likely be moving to North Carolina in the next 6 months. My question, for anyone that knows, are skins games commonly broadcast in North Carolina?

I currently have had to subscribe to the Sunday Ticket to watch them play, but I'm afraid that where I'm going I won't be able to get a satellite dish installed.

Any extremeskins members from NC willing to fill me in on how bleak my chances are of catching the games on cable next season?

Thanks in advance!

Very bleak. Skins games are rarely televised down here on the local channels. Get the ticket if you can.

I'm moving to Charlotte myself eventually.

I'll do the same thing I did when I lived in Denver. Locate any Skins fans in the area by any means possible. Then, as a group we find a bar to make our "home base" on Sundays. Most bar managers are happy to have a dedicated group of patrons whose business they can count on on a regular basis. Just have to work out a deal to make sure they've got a dish with the skins on it (in HD of course).

Thanks for the quick replies! Sucks that they don't broadcast them often :( I heard NC used to Redskins territory until the Panthers set up shop. Any truth to that?

Anyways, yeah - I'm hoping real hard to get the ticket, but not sure how apartment complexes are about the satellite dishes. I currently live in a house but will be renting an apartment in the Raleigh/Dhuram area most likely.

Well, thanks again for the info!

Depends on where you are in NC. The north eastern part of the state still gets Skins games regularly I'm told.

Here in Charlotte there are tons of Skins fans (when they play the Panthers here the lower deck is black and blue while the upper deck is mostly burgundy and gold) and quite a few bars that are Skins friendly. Picassos is the choice for me and a lot of other Skins fans on Sunday. The original Picassos that is, on East Blvd, at the corner of Kenilworth Ave. in the heart of Dilworth. Always room for another Skins fan there!

Thanks for the quick replies! Sucks that they don't broadcast them often :( I heard NC used to Redskins territory until the Panthers set up shop. Any truth to that?

Anyways, yeah - I'm hoping real hard to get the ticket, but not sure how apartment complexes are about the satellite dishes. I currently live in a house but will be renting an apartment in the Raleigh/Dhuram area most likely.

Well, thanks again for the info!

HI-5 in Raleigh has a hardcore skins base. Definately look them up...

Krisco, it depends upon where you live. In and around Charlotte you will find 'Skins games hard to see on TV, especially on cable. I live in Greensboro, and while the Redskins are trumped locally by the Panturds, on DTV I still get East and West channels (in addition to local) CBS, FOX, and NBC, so that's three possible channels per network. For example, both Giants games with the 'Skins will be shown on the East affiliate even if it isn't shown on the local channel. My brother drives up from Charlotte (actually Matthews/Monroe) a few times a year to watch the 'Skins with me. It's not as good as the Ticket, but it's the next best thing if one doesn't have it, especially if you have NFL network. I guess the lesson is: Stay away from Charlotte!!! Then maybe get DTV. And if all else fails, gotta get the Ticket.

Edit: Or visit your friendly Skins fans at a local watering hole.

I have lived here in Winston-Salem, NC for the last 6 years. Maybe it is because Washington has not done very well during that time but coverage on local channels is rare. You might get a few games a year at best. I am looking at switching to the dish and Sunday ticket.

:cheers: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :cheers:

Basically what everyone else said. You'll get to see them if they're game is staggered to the Panthers(Skins' @ 1:00, Panthers @ 4:00 or vice versa), or if either is playing an AFC team on CBS. Good luck, but I'd suggest getting the ticket-I had to.

Here is what I think..... http://www.nfl.com/schedules#Week

1- MIA @ WAS 1:00 CBS, CAR @ STL, 1:00 FOX (YES)

2- Skins' on Monday night @ PHI (NC will air it, obviously)

3- NYG @ WAS 4:15 FOX, CAR @ ATL, 4:15 (NO)

4- Skins' bye

5- DET @ WAS, 1:00 FOX, CAR @ NO, 1:00 FOX (NO)

6- WAS @ GB 1:00 FOX, CAR @ ARI 3:05 FOX (NO)

7- ARI @ WAS 1:00 FOX, CAR bye (YES)

8- WAS @ NE 4:15 FOX, IND @ CAR 1:00 CBS (YES)

9- WAS @ NYJ 1:00 FOX, CAR @ TEN 1:00 FOX (NO)

10- PHI @ WAS 1:00 FOX, ATL @ CAR 1:00 FOX (NO)

11- WAS @ DAL 1:00 FOX, CAR @ GB 1:00 FOX (more than likely NO)

12- WAS @ TB 1:00 FOX, NO @ CAR 1:00 FOX (NO)

13- BUF @ WAS 1:00 CBS, SF @ CAR 1:00 FOX (YES)

14- CHI @ WAS Thursday 8:15 NFL, CAR @ JAX 1:00 FOX (YES)

15- NYG @ WAS 8:15 NBC, SEA @ CAR 1:00 FOX (YES)

16- WAS @ MIN 1:00 FOX, DAL @ CAR Saturday 8:15 (YES)

17- DAL @ WAS 1:00 FOX, CAR @ TB 1:00 FOX (NO)

In summation, you'll probably see about 8 games this year unless something crazy happens so try to get the ticket! This has generally been the case for me in Goldsboro, NC; Kannapolis, NC; and Winston-Salem, NC.

Archived